The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default KY HT photog

If you were competing at Flying Cross, Champagne Run or Jump Start (then probably at MidSouth) look on this website and you may find some photos!

http://www.ivegotyourpicture.com/

If we hadn't personally talked to her at the rail at warm-up for sj at Jump Start I would have never known that she had taken some pics of my daughter and my horse.
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
    -- Tom Wilson, actor & comedian

Wow! Thank you for catching that. There are some great shots in there! They really need to advertise for photo junkies like me.

I bought 3 digital downloads!

Cool, will look forward to maybe finding some Jumpstart photos, although I will say that Xpress photo took some of the best ones I've ever gotten of Boscoe there this past weekend. Please allow me to share them because I'm so thrilled with my big spotted horsey!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8601850&type=1
    Click here before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Cool, will look forward to maybe finding some Jumpstart photos, although I will say that Xpress photo took some of the best ones I've ever gotten of Boscoe there this past weekend. Please allow me to share them because I'm so thrilled with my big spotted horsey!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8601850&type=1
    I wanna see!!! Can you make them so us non-FB'ers can see?
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

I thought it was a public album . . . not sure how to do it any other way. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    I thought it was a public album . . . not sure how to do it any other way. Sorry!
    Oh, bother.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Oh this is great!!!!! Thank you ponygrandma! I need to change careers and become a marketing agent for these photographers. They were the best kept secret of the show.

A sign of good things to come -

http://www.ivegotyourpicture.com/201...2497&k=KTwwqkT

The photographer probably has a day job these big shows are a real job to sort and post. But holey smokes look at the teaser pic!! This horse definitely sees the boogey man in that ditch!

I've seen these people taking pics before around the events but since they are not the offical photog I bet they can't hang fliers, so just ask, talking made my discovery. Glad to share.
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.

Glad there's an alternative to the "pay for your crappy proofs!" Xpress photo...
    -my life-
    Translation
    fri [fri:] fritt fria (adj): Free
    skritt [skrit:] skritten (noun): Walk

That was a big freaking ditch. Even my little dog had to bounce it, where normally he jumps right across.

That ditch scared the CRAP outta me. I really hope there is a photo of me jumping it! Can't wait!

Object to dissing Xpress Photo. Jeff and Laurie work very hard and provide excellent service - in spite of a tremendous disrespect for their Intellectual Property. Buy their pix or not - your choice - but don't steal their product.

Re: Ivegotyourpicture, enjoyed several conversations with her during the day (I video our students for post-event evaluations) and wish her well in her efforts.

I agree that the folks at Xpress Photo are wonderful. If you're a genuine customer they bust their butts to have your CD ready before you leave. They offer very generous discounts. Always cheerful and helpful and they take TONS of great pictures. If you heard some of the stories of classless people snapping pictures off their computers with their cell phones, poaching and stealing photos and sliming themselves backwards and forwards to avoid paying a few bucks for a photo, it would turn your stomach.

I like Laurie with Xpress. She works well with me, I do some course decorating so we've been friendly. I just offered this up b/c I saw some really nice new pics and it is so nice for riders to be able to study stills that are captured.

Hey ... she's posting the T xc at JS ... I see a certain plump spotted horse barreling ass around

OMG! Only a few numbers left before mine! Why am I so nervous/ excited!?!?

Re: xPress Foto: I have no problem with them not wanting images stolen. In fact, I have had a few (non-horse) related photos published and not received credit properly, so I feel for them. However, I am really unhappy with their options-- I can only pay to view one photo at a time online (why not a fee to view them all for a few days?) and I've never been a fan of their purchasing options. I also don't like having to choose print vs. online-- there should be a combo for that. My mom and I love to make photo books, so why can't I purchase the digital version and then later be able to put it into a personal photo book? I realize they have been around for a while and people have a lot of loyalty to them. That's a good thing; but I also feel like they are fighting reality to some degree. I don't like looking at photos at shows because it tends to make me feel rushed and pressured, and especially on the last day it is not always an option for me to stick around-- I don't own a trailer and leaving with/ caring for horsie so he gets on the ride home is more important.

why can't I purchase the digital version and then later be able to put it into a personal photo book?
    Why can't you? Just print the photos using any of the myriad options. Once you've purchased the images you have the right to use them for any sort of personal use.

I'll read it again; but I'm pretty sure there is a note that says the digital versions are NOT printable. ---I suppose I should clarify- I mean the kind of photo book that you design online and then it comes as a book, with the photos in it, not a scrapbook- type one. I would need a digital version to be able to print it.

Worth clarifying. All copyright statements seem to be a little different, but most of them IME seem to only put restrictions on printing or publishing photos for commercial use or in magazines without attribution or permission.

also, I admit that as a business model, it isn't ideal to not have how to order things obvious on the website and that is my biggest issue with xpress foto, but I have gotten a deal on a print and the digital of the same image (I think $10 extra). Maybe you have to ask or email them, but I know I have done it from xpress.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!