The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Opinions on WindRidge HT?

I am thinking about going, and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this event. I have never been. I will be running the P/T, so thoughts on the Training XC would be great! Thanks!

fleckenawesome on this board sent me a link to photos of the entire training xc...of course I can't find it now. It is lovely! She competed there in the spring - PM her and I'm sure she'll give you the lowdown.

I entered there to run Novice at my horse's first event back in 15 months after injury and injury, oh, and injury again!

Can you tell I'm excited? And knocking wood every day?

All xc courses lovely- Jon Wells built them, you can tell very easily the "question" he is asking with each fence, they aren't just randomly plopped down onto the hillside. Course encourages galloping, training has a corner (rides well) a small full coffin, water is a coop, a few strides to run-in, bank out, 1-2 strides to another coop. Here is a link to some pics: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2146b05&type=1

Here's the link
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9439854&type=1

It was a LOVELY fun course. Beautiful jumps, beautiful terrain, and fun fun fun!!!

FLeckenAwesome, how was stadium?

argh.. okay, my stupid computer won't let me type "the letter that comes after A", so... ear with me...

Stadium was good.... small height wise, ut very good questions..... it wasn't easy necessarily and there were some tough lines, ut overall a good course. not too tough ut you had to think

Staling was temporary at the time, ut I heard a rumor that they've got permenent stales now..

OH MY GAwwwww.... my freakin' keyoard is possessed... this is driving me onkers... no, crazy!!! It also won't let me type uppercase W'S y shifting. argh... sorry aout the post.

I realize this thread is a year old, but can someone tell me what the temporary stalls are like? Those will be used for this weekend's HT.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

Was there in May for the driving trial - stabling then was the standard tent style shedrow. XC looked like a nice course - we certainly enjoyed the hazards!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasusmom View Post
    Was there in May for the driving trial - stabling then was the standard tent style shedrow. XC looked like a nice course - we certainly enjoyed the hazards!

Thank you. I just couldn't get a picture in my head of the stalls. Wonder what my horse will think. We're sleeping in our trailer, but friends wants to stay in a nearby hotel. If you heard good or bad about the closest ones, I'd appreciate any tips!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

Have a blast! I have a kid going up to Morven so I'm heading there to handhold, but I really want to run more of Jon Wells' courses. Tryon XC last year was the most fun I've had XC in eons!
    "Next year in Jerusalem/at Windridge" as they say...

Carolinadreamin' we stayed on the grounds with the then new RV hook ups. It was a bit of an adventure thanks to Duke Power, but the organizer went above and beyond to get a big ass generator to keep all of us menopausal women from having meltdowns over no power. We'll go back again for the driving trial and husband wants to event there if we can fit it in our schedule.

The only complaint I had about the venue was the dressage ring (needed watering and was stone dust - which can get deep for carriages) The stone dust part shouldn't be an issue for eventers. It was located off in the woods, nice and quiet, unless you have a horse who doesn't like to be alone. . .

they have a horrible website and when we went we literally could not get times until arriving there on friday. I don't think that is acceptable.
    the XC is awesome.
    There was no power in the stabling.
    I would go again though, for the XC.