The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Reverse look up?

I thought someone did this before?? I think I have Kid's Prize, not 100% sure if that is what his name was. They said Kid's Pride or Prospect when I got him. His tattoo starts with an I. Having a hard time reading the rest of it. The one number looks like a T but I know its not. The other is maybe an 8 or a 3. Tried searching but I don't seem to find a Kid horse in the results. So anyone know the tattoo number for Kid's Prize and maybe I can compare numbers that way?

If the tattoo DOES begin with an I, then the only option on equibase and Brisnet appears to be Kid's Prize, 2005 by Keep It Down out of Bring Me The Prize by Prized, a bay gelding foaled in Ohio. Brisnet does close-name matches and there's no Kid's Pride or Kid's Prospect in the right age range. You could contact the Jockey Club and IIRC they'll compare markings (though they don't just give out the tattoo numbers and there's no way to do a reverse lookup.)