The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Three horses near Hickory NC

An old friend if mine contacted me today asking for help in placing her three horses. This is a fairly urgent situation and time is of the essence. I promised her I would do my best to try to help. Please no nasty comments. These are not my horses and I am only trying to help with an unfortunate situation. Ideally my friend would like them to stay together but given the circumstances might separate.

10 yr old Reg Paint gelding, probably around 15.2 hands. She's had him since he was a weanling. Started under saddle by a professional trainer at 2 yrs old but was diagnosed with ringbone after about 60 days and became a pasture ornament.

15 yr old Reg QH gelding, also around 15.2 hands. Was broke to ride but probably hasn't been ridden in about 5 yrs. I told her I would take this one if a home for all three cannot be found.

30 yr old reg QH mare, maybe 15 hands. Still in good condition and moves around fine. Was broke to ride at one time but hasn't been ridden in about 10 yrs. Has been a pasture ornament for most of her life.

All are quiet and friendly for the most part but haven't had too much formal handling in recent years. She feeds them and pets them and that's been about it. I knew and handled all these horses but it's been about 5 yrs since I've seen them. I'm supposed to be getting current pictures and was told they are all on good condition but I can't say for sure.

These horses have been placed.