The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free lease or rehome to right home 2nd level Dressage Mare SF Bay Area

Mare, Bay, Age: 15, 16H, Morgan

Lovely 16h bay mare 14 years old.

Currently lightly working 1st/2nd. Submissive and forward. An 8 for gaits and impulsion. Super sweet and has great ground manners. Great for lunge lessons. Good on the trail.

Drop dead gorgeous and incredibly sweet but needs a confident rider. No vices.

I have some very serious financial issues and need to rehome my mares immediately. It breaks my heart but I need to do what is best forthem and I cannot support them.

My greatest concern is to find them good homes where they will be well cared for. I bred and have owned both of them from birth. Im afraid I will have to make one of those horrible decisions people talk about on this board if I can't find them suitable homes soon and I don't know if I could ever forgive myself.

I'll add pictures later. I still need to upload them.

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...don/Athena.png

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps5340f0ca.jpg

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps1a4bf0f0.jpg

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa7c64baa.jpg

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps366dfe9d.jpg

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf8b5d842.jpg

If you know anyone who may be interested please send them here.
    Last edited by Ember; Sep. 21, 2013 at 04:28 PM.

They are beautiful, I am sure they will find homes best of luck and a fortunate person will take great care of them.

What is the breeding of your bay mare?
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

I know nothing about the program, but if you don't find your horses wonderful homes, have you looked into Stanford's equestrian team? Perhaps someone will know more about it.
    LarkspurCO: no horse's training is complete until it can calmly yet expressively perform GP in stadium filled w/chainsaw juggling zombies riding unicycles while flying monkeys w/bottle rockets...

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    What is the breeding of your bay mare?
    Athena is a Morgan, Cedar City Penbrook x Triton Electra

sweet but needs a confident rider.
    Is this due to her being forward or is there some other reasons she needs a confident rider?

Quote Originally Posted by Airfern View Post
    Is this due to her being forward or is there some other reasons she needs a confident rider?
    She is forward and has pretty big gaits which can put people off. She also gets her confidence from her rider. She isn't spooky but she also isn't independent. The more secure her rider is the more secure she is.

She has no vices under saddle and isn't strong at all. Very responsive to the aids without being overly sensitive. Also very forgiving which makes her great for lunge lessons. She doesn't get upset if, for example, you catch her with a spur or grab her face.

I'm getting a lot of responses. Hopefully one of them will work out.

1 members found this post helpful.

Good luck with your girls....I have been in your shoes and it is heartbreaking. I still wish I had had a chance to do things differently.

A conditional sale with first right of refusal may be something to consider, if things work out for you. We sold my first pony to her original owners under that sort of agreement.

I hope you are able to find peace. Life sucks sometimes.
    I am not allowed to look at breeding stock.
    Or babies. Or CANTER, et al.

ESPECIALLY not CANTER, et al.

sent post on to a friend...this may be a good fit for her!
    There is a reason that the windshield is larger than the rear view mirror!

Ember, is it one mare or two you are looking to place?
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

The Morgan is lovely. Sounds a lot like mine when I first had her; these days she's more lazy but yes, "gets confidence from the rider" rings true. (Sadly, no, I am not looking for another one!)

If you still find her needing a home, please please join the morgandressage group on Yahoo and post her info there.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

I've posted your thread on my FB page. I hope that you find someone
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Excellent home found for both of my girls. They are going to the same person where they will live better than I do. The new owner is compassionate, knowledgeable, and a proficient horsewoman who has some needs that they fit and her own place where they can live forever no matter what. I have first right of refusal for our $1 bill of sale price but that shouldn't come up.

I will likely see them now and then and my friend who has known the woman since they were both kids does see her and ride with her often at hunter paces, horse camping, and clinics. They should all have a blast and learn a lot from each other.

Essentially it is the best possible home I could imagine.

I am terribly sad but I realize that it is a selfish sadness as they will be well loved and better cared for than I am capable of at this time.

Thank you to everyone who pointed me in different directions, or just sent jingles my way. It was all much appreciated.

7 members found this post helpful.

Fabulous news! Thank you for doing the right thing by them Morgan mares... so special
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine