The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jackie Kinney Clinic?

Hey all! What can anyone tell me about Jackie Kinney? She's apparently hosting a few clinics at Equine Extravaganza in Richmond, VA November 2-4. Her topics sound awesome and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with her. Apparently they are looking for a few demo riders for a very reasonable price. Has anyone ever attended the Extravaganza? Their website is www.equineextravaganza.com
    *The best sound in the world is coming in from turnout and hearing four shoes clop against the asphalt*

Jackie Kinney is my favorite instructor. I'm only about 30 minutes away from her farm.

I've only taken instruction from one other "big name" dressage instructor (Kelly McGinn) and while Kelly was good, Jackie was even better. Way better, actually. I've taken western lessons, lots of hunter/jumper lessons, instruction from eventers, breed-specific trainers, and none come close to Jackie. She is one of those rare teachers who has a good feel and ability to work with and improve both a horse and a rider. She is upbeat, encouraging and full of experience and ideas. You'll definitely come away with more than your money's worth. Now that you've mentioned her name, I really want to call her and set up another lesson!

HAven't ridden with her in YEARS, but loved Jackie!! I move away from the area, so could not continue to ride with her.

Jackie is great!!

I just took a lesson with her last week! It was an incredible lesson. She explains things extremely well and is very positive and upbeat. I am a hunter rider trying to improve my flatwork and she made me feel very at ease. I have plenty to work on until I can get him back over to her farm again!

Agree, Jackie is a fantastic instructor ! Here is her website :
    http://horsesinharmony.net/index.php
    Ride a draft - it will make your butt look smaller !!!