The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need help - Aged,sound mare lost home Central MA

Just when you think everything is good...something unforeseen happens. My lovely, sound but out of condition, aged mare has been in a companion home for the past 2+ yrs. She survived the tornado last yr. with trees crashing down around her. Her companion died , then another so now their owner is out of horses and my mare out of a job.

Unfortunately I am in FL and out of a job so there is no money to support this mare either in MA or FL.

In her day this was a forward moving, lovely strided English ridden trail horse. She is used to carriages ( she was the ridden horse accompanying trainer driving carriage horses on trails) , dirt bikes, snowmobiles, tractors and heavy equipment. I couldn't say she's bombproof, but sensible and thinks. She stayed in electric fence with trees crashing around her in tornado. She's happy in/out and is a VERY EASY KEEPER!! She'll stand for grooming and warm bath without tying. Low maintenence and a gorgeous pasture ornament and companion deluxe. It would never occur to her to bite or kick.

She is healthy, sound... just out of condition. I fumbled up on her bareback yesterday and she walked off like it was yesterday..not over 5 yrs ago.

This just breaks my heart. In years past I have rescued many horses.It breaks my heart not to be able to save this mare I bought at 3 mos..

Free long term/permanent lease. I just want to be a factor if she ever needs re-homing or in final decision.

Excellent references and pics available.

I can't help from 2000 miles away, but sending jingles that she finds a great place.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

She sounds like an angel! Can i forward this info on to some of my New England peeps that may not be on this board?
    Real Horses. Real Riders. Real Results! www.wvhorsetrainer.com

thanx...pls spread the word. This mare deserves a soft landing and she could be a blessing to someone .

Thurs. I will put a saddle on her and see how that goes.

I may be interested in her if she is safe for a beginner.Can you pm me some pictures and videos if you can take any of her under saddle.
    www.equinealternativehealthsupply.com
    Natural Horse Health Care, including Holistic Equine Health Products, Supplements & Alternative Therapies.

sorry she's not beginner safe. She needs a confident rider/handler only because she IS a sensitive Arab. She picks up on your energy. Sweet but ....

It looks like a family in OH will be taking her. They had a 1/2 brother to this mare and LOVED him. The story of how this happened is wonderful. It was meant to be!

Things are falling into place to get her there too...amazing!!

Fantastic! That's great news!
    Real Horses. Real Riders. Real Results! www.wvhorsetrainer.com