The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hunt Horse For Sale Ad - Critique for me?

Wondering if a few of you kind folks would mind critiquing a sales ad for a hunt horse I'm selling? I don't want to post a link directly as I don't want to violate the no advertising policy, but if a few you are kind enough to reply I will PM you a link to the ad.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, sure I'll critique it for what it's worth;-). I think you can reply to me privately on the forum.

Regards,
    Huntin' Fool

This is where I get frustrated at the CotH rules, because I think this is a huge learning opportunity for a lurker to learn how other people see a horse.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Happy to weigh in! I'm by no means a hunt expert but do help a lot of students horse shop, and also try to write the kind of copy to find just the right person when I sell my own....
    Real Horses. Real Riders. Real Results! www.wvhorsetrainer.com

I'm always up for one, try me
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Thanks so much everyone! I think I've pm'ed everyone who responded or PM'ed me. I've had a few responses so far, but no one serious and no one has been out to try the mare. I've had the ad up just over a week I think. I have her on equine.com and equinenow.com right now. Don't want to splurge on too many sites that cost alot, but suggestions and prices for other sites would be ok too.

My choices right now are push for the sale, hunt her and get others to hunt her as much as possible (I have another young horse that needs to get out, plus three client's horses to hunt as well :S) OR I pull her shoes, throw her in a client's field and just hack her around for a bit and don't worry so much about selling right now. I can't afford to keep paying board/shoes etc and to clip, blanket, trailer her (and so on) if she doesn't sell

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    This is where I get frustrated at the CotH rules, because I think this is a huge learning opportunity for a lurker to learn how other people see a horse.
    Agreed, it would be great for others to learn from feedback, but I would really value the feedback and I don't want to risk the thread getting deleted by breaking the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Agreed, it would be great for others to learn from feedback, but I would really value the feedback and I don't want to risk the thread getting deleted by breaking the rules
    Could you mention what some of the feedback you've gotten so far by PM is? Maybe that would be educational without breaking the rules.

How about placing the ad on the FB page Hunt Horses for sale. You could also look at some of those ads as a comparison.

Best of luck.

So not a whole lot of feedback actually came back, but basically a diversity of pictures, show the horse doing different things is good. Everyone seemed to like different pictures, including those that showed versatility. All of my pics were in tack, at least tidy if not nicely turned out which probably helped.

Info is good, I have a long-ish add and people said they could tell I loved the horse, was telling the truth and wanted the best for the horse. They felt they knew what they were inquiring on.

So details good, basically!