The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Proof she's a rare one indeed.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

bluedejavu, that IS a surprise!

Glad Hope/Hoppy will be OK!
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

love it!

We've definitely had horses of a different color here, but cats of a different "color" never crossed my mind. Doesn't matter though - she's still a keeper!

I like Clint's word for it, "unique," very good word.
    Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Extra-special kitteh! Does she/he have a name yet?
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Wow, I am glad you got all of that taken care of. I am sure that the she (?) will be so much happier with her tail taken care of.

Sounds like a Pat to me!

2 members found this post helpful.

Unexpected turn of events... but hey, s/he's healthy!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Thumbs up licking approach

Have you tried putting food of whatever type, on her nose/ muzzle? Also try some on her paw;

does she lick?

Quote Originally Posted by bludejavu View Post
    StGermain - you just about made me cry, that is so kind of you. Back when I had a pit bull show up, people on this board helped me so much with expenses and I wound up keeping her after I swore I wouldn't. I've been a true believer in the power of people like you here on COTH since then.

I'm okay with paying the $42 myself, but I will let you know what happens. I'm a little better off than I was back with my Pittie

showed up (thankfully), although not rich by any means. If I get in a real bind, it's wonderful to know that you are willing to help me a little with her, but hopefully it wont come to that.

It's still slow going with her eating, but she's trying. I swipe her mouth a little bit with food and she will

lap a bit up, then I repeat it. It's going to be a tough weekend for her to get through. Thanks to all

for the jingles, I think she's going to need all of them.
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Thumbs up

Obviously a keeper!
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post
    Obviously a keeper!
    You bet!

A friend of mine has coined a word for her that I can't get out of my head. Shame on my friend. She said if you combine she, he and it, there's one obvious name that comes to mind. That is NOT her name - her name is Hope.
    Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

hahahaha, good luck with that

Soooooo..........are you going to call Hope a "he" or "she"??? I vote for "she"!

Woodland that used to post here has a hermaphrodite cat, too!
    Quarry Rat

bluedejavu - Wow! It sounds like your vet should pay you for the privilege of treating Hope. I'm thrilled she's doing so well.

StG

Quote Originally Posted by StGermain View Post
    bluedejavu - Wow! It sounds like your vet should pay you for the privilege of treating Hope. I'm thrilled she's doing so well.

StG
    Okay, this new format is crazy - I had to quote you in order to make a post because the reply button wont work for me. Actually he wrote off a good bit of the bill because he was practicing ultrasounding with her. They are referring to her as a he, but I'm sticking with she.

Quick question for anyone who knows this and I'm going to TRY to start a new topic in Off Course if it will let me. The problems with the diarrhea are still very bad, so bad she has now been at the vet's since last Tuesday! They thought they had it under control and after surgery, it worsened again. Now, I immediately thought of Bio-Sponge after I got off the phone with them today. I don't know if they've tried it or not, but I googled it real quick to see how it was dosed for cats and found quite a few discontinued item notices on various sites. Have they quit making Bio-Sponge?
    Susan N.

Bludejavu - can we get a Hope update?

Hi JumpQH - Hope stayed at the vet's office three weeks, the longest I've ever left an animal with a vet. After trimming up her tail and attempting to spay her, which of course was a no go, no neuter either, they could not iron out the chronic diarrhea. They tried everything they could think of within reason, and nothing made even a dent in it. After 3 weeks, they had to give up and send her home so I'm still dealing with it. She is very playful, nicely filled out and shiny now, not to mention, sassy. She doesn't know a stranger and I think they got real attached to her at my vet's office because of her bubbly personality. If there is such a thing, I think she would make a good therapy cat - the kind that visit senior citizens and children's hospitals. She loves everyone and is perfectly at ease.

ETA - I'll try and get some photos this week and post them.
    Susan N.

Did they try a course of antibiotics, by any chance? I don't know if it would work or not, but, I had a young adult cat with chronic diarrhea. I dealt with it for about a year, because my vet couldn't figure out what was causing it, either. Then, I had her teeth cleaned. She had a couple pulled and, so, had to go on the antibiotics. Her diarrhea went away and has never come back. The vet figures she had some kind of a low grade infection that didn't show up on routine testing and that the antibiotics happened to clear up, maybe from her teeth, maybe from something else.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I have had something like a million foster kittens get diarrhea, and for some, it is life-threatening. The last few I have had as a last ditch measure I have given them Clavamox, when everything else has failed. It has been almost like a miracle cure, with the kitten getting better. No vet has ever suggested it, and I'm beginning to wonder why. Might be worth a try.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com