The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile Morven Park benefit Hunter Pace for LTRF

Good opportunity to ride the grounds of Morven Park. Includes both a Hunter Pace and then a Trail Ride to benefit a good cause. Trail riders need not wear hunt attire, just an approved helmet. Trail is approx 5 miles long. More info and entry form can be found here: http://ltrf.org/october-21st-hunter-pace/
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

Since the new management at Morven has no use for foxhunters or field sports, I'll spend my money elsewhere.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

But he does like soccer (sure are no lack of soccer fields in the county) and bike riders.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

This benefits LTRF, not Morven Park proper...
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

That is not correct. Morven charges a great deal for renting the facilities. It is, in fact, going to make money off this. Otherwise they would not permit the facility to be used.

Real hunter paces are sponsored by hunt clubs, and are part of the point to point circuit in Virginia. This isn't a real hunter pace, and the new staff at Morven has made their position clear. They do NOT support hunting or field sports.

So why would any Foxhunter want to fund their own demise.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

This Benefit Hunter Pace supports both Loudoun Therapeutic Riding, Inc. and Morven Park which has in fact graciously donated use of the facilities for this event for the last two years and for all LTR, Inc. programs since 1995. Thus any support of Morven Park ultimately benefits our long-term relationship as well as our center’s participants: children, adults, veterans/Wounded Warriors, all with a variety of diverse needs. The opportunity to ride on the beautiful grounds of Morven Park has been very well received by many local hunts. We appreciate their past participation and look forward to seeing many of them again on October 21st! Please visit www.ltrf.org for more information on the Hunter Pace and on all LTR equine-assisted activities and therapies.

Question I thought......

Loudoun Hunt West used to foxhunt from there. I see the directions are still on their website but don't know if it's carded anymore. I thought they still did. I know I have from there but that was a few years back...ok,,,maybe more than a few!! I know the development may have made it problematic to go from there anymore anyway. Sad.

We will be there, always happy to support LTRF.
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet

I'am going also. Who knows, when I get old, I might need Therapeutic Riding. Its for a good cause.
    There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Entries close next week, sending mine in today
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet