The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonD View Post

Avalanche Rain Rug I like this a lot I think it is mfg by the same folks who make Eous' blankets? The cut is nice, plenty of drop, and the color is fantastic! It is less blue than the photo shows (taken at sundown), and the inner lining is the magenta with "Horze" stamped lightly everywhere. Ordered the 81" and it seems to fit true to size. Don't size down like with WB! The rear corner may look a little "tight" in the photo-- The elastic leg straps came adjusted to the shortest length, & I did not take the time to loosen them. We're still a few months from needing blankets here

I'm noticing they dont have size 84?

If that's my horse's size, do I order up or down?

Also, is the fleece rain rug just fleece and no fill?

TIA
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    I'm noticing they dont have size 84?

If that's my horse's size, do I order up or down?

Also, is the fleece rain rug just fleece and no fill?

TIA
    From what I read, it looks like its just fleece. I wanted something more than just a sheet and thought the fleece lined one was a nice compromise. Either way...I'll report back when I get it!

I would size down - my mare measured exactly 75 and they only had a 78 & a 72 in the blanket I wanted. 78 was definitely too big (had a "tent" look) so I exchanged it for the 72, which fits really nicely. It was to Millau wool rug - love it!

I ordered enough to get the free shipping... with the help of my BO. I got one of the breast plates that i love! And the half pad, little stuff... and had a kid moment (im 19) and got the horze pony back pack loved the sale. I did wish that they had a standing martingale attachment!
    Nothing better than an OTTB.... Just Plan Partners,Penny, you have stolen my heart<3

http://secondchancethoroughbreds.org

Awesome2 50% off code is still working! If you've already used it and want to use it again, just enter a different email address when you check out.

Oh man I DON'T need more stuff *browse*
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

I just got a fleece cooler, a bit, and a thinning blade for $44!!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

So I rode in my soft leather half chaps for 10 days and the zipper started coming undone from the bottom (where it starts, not where it ends). I emailed the company and in the same day they emailed me back and sent a return shipping label. Awesome!

I'm going to exchange them for another pair since I really do like them and I'm hoping it's just a faulty zipper on that one chap.

So I got my avalanche fleece lined rain rug today and I have to say I'm impressed! It seems really nice quality. It's half lined in fleece, so the skirt part that hangs down doesn't have the lining. I got the dark blue and red color, it's definitely more attractive in person than in the photos (the red isn't so red, and the blue is deeper). Don't know about the fit yet, haven't tried it on my horse.

I also got the River Saddle pad, white with blue/red piping. Over all nice quality, it's very substantial feeling and nicely contoured. My only complaint is it seems a little short. It may not fit under my 18 saddle but otherwise it seems great.

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    So I got my avalanche fleece lined rain rug today and I have to say I'm impressed! It seems really nice quality. It's half lined in fleece, so the skirt part that hangs down doesn't have the lining. I got the dark blue and red color, it's definitely more attractive in person than in the photos (the red isn't so red, and the blue is deeper). Don't know about the fit yet, haven't tried it on my horse.

I also got the River Saddle pad, white with blue/red piping. Over all nice quality, it's very substantial feeling and nicely contoured. My only complaint is it seems a little short. It may not fit under my 18 saddle but otherwise it seems great.
    Glad it seems well made!

Let me know how the neck fits on your horse. I have been very tempted but D is a draft cross and I'm nervous the high neck "hole" will be too snug in the 81...but if I get the 87 it will falling off his haunches.

I really want it because it seems like the perfect weight for when I do a modified trace clip on him.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

I put my first order in last night. The AWESOME2 code was still working -loved seeing all those half-prices! If you want to check the code before you order, enter it in the checkout section and go back to shopping. All of the items will show the discounted price.

My daughter's fleece quarter sheet disappeared so I thought it was a good opportunity to try them out at $13 for a replacement! Got a nice bright blue stripe, navy fleece seems to keep disappearing on me

Mostly ordered trailer-spare/always-getting-lost items to check 'em out. I will report back...

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow36 View Post
    Just got my new box. Nummah sheepskin shaped pad - looks very nice. I will have to try it on my saddle and see if it fits. It has the sheepskin on the spine and shoulder area, then is just quilted under the flap area for close contact. It also has holes in the spine area which I like, should help keep the back cool and ventilated.
    Meadow, how did this pad work out? I'm looking for a new XC pad and was curious. I e-mailed them for the dimensions too. My jumping saddle is not small (Will C sold it to me*, and while I have long femurs, he's got me beat by a mile), and I'm worried about fit.

*For the record I was hoping some of Will's awesomeness would come WITH the saddle. I feel it's fair to report that is not the case. I'm still riding like a spastic amateur.
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

Looking forward to the arrival of my second Horze order.

In my previous order, I had bought a Gorgueze Bridle when it was their item of the week I have bought lesser bridles for more money, that is for sure. Of course, now I'm selling it because my horse's dressage career is over before it even really started... He just thinks like a park horse when he gets to horse shows... ;-)

I also bought one of their basic fleece rugs. Used it a couple weekends ago at a horse show and got multiple compliments on it. It's nice and thick and seems decently assembled. I actually liked it so much that I just had to put in another order and get the one with the neck cover too to use as a cooler or a liner when it gets cold this winter. I splurged and had it embroidered too (doesn't count toward your total for the Free shipping)

I also ordered their little magic grip gloves since I can't seem to hold on to a pair of gloves for more than a month.

Between the 50% off coupon code and the free shipping, I got 1 new cooler, embroidered, 5 pairs of magic grip gloves, and a pair of boots for $84.00

Not bad, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    Glad it seems well made!

Let me know how the neck fits on your horse. I have been very tempted but D is a draft cross and I'm nervous the high neck "hole" will be too snug in the 81...but if I get the 87 it will falling off his haunches.

I really want it because it seems like the perfect weight for when I do a modified trace clip on him.
    I find that the neck fits closely, but mind you I have it on the smallest d-ring so it doesn't move about (the snap clips onto one of two D-rings) - you can also lengthen the straps across the chest as well.
    Am DELIGHTED with mine (I have the non-fleece lined) in purple...the 81 is roomy; nice sturdy hardware, definitely weatherproof, and does not seem to rub his shoulders.
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by DeeThbd View Post
    I find that the neck fits closely, but mind you I have it on the smallest d-ring so it doesn't move about (the snap clips onto one of two D-rings) - you can also lengthen the straps across the chest as well.
    Am DELIGHTED with mine (I have the non-fleece lined) in purple...the 81 is roomy; nice sturdy hardware, definitely weatherproof, and does not seem to rub his shoulders.
    great!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

What was the fit like on the base fleece? http://www.horze.com/Horze-Base-Flee...&cgid=Blankets

My guy usually wears a 78 in Rambo, which works well for him since he's a little wide through shoulders being a draftx.He's relatively short backed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie8 View Post
    Meadow, how did this pad work out? I'm looking for a new XC pad and was curious. I e-mailed them for the dimensions too. My jumping saddle is not small (Will C sold it to me*, and while I have long femurs, he's got me beat by a mile), and I'm worried about fit.

*For the record I was hoping some of Will's awesomeness would come WITH the saddle. I feel it's fair to report that is not the case. I'm still riding like a spastic amateur.
    The pad was huge and I returned it. They only come in all purpose or dressage; I got the all purpose. I have a 17" County Symmetry w/ slightly shorter flaps, and my saddle was swimming in the pad in all directions.

Other then that, it was well made and I liked the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndirish07 View Post
    What was the fit like on the base fleece? http://www.horze.com/Horze-Base-Flee...&cgid=Blankets

My guy usually wears a 78 in Rambo, which works well for him since he's a little wide through shoulders being a draftx.He's relatively short backed.
    I just got the base fleece for my draft x. He's usually an 84 but I got the 81 and it fits well. Sits up high on his neck and chest, which I like. I hate droopy/saggy knits and sheets. For $23 it seems well made and very soft and fuzzy. If it didnt fit him I was just keep it fore myself!

I like the fact that it has extra long surcingles also. But its been so warm, I haven't used it yet. Just tried it on, so cant speak to durability.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

The base fleece is pretty well true to size. Maybe a little less generous than a schneider's blanket but not by very much. My gelding that is always a 78" fits their 78" perfectly.

Here's my goodies (prices are the 50%-off I paid):

Avalanche back rug ($21)- this is my favorite. Rainproof quarter sheet with some fill, very toasty and perfect for today! The full size fits my little OTTB just like in the picture but it would probably be short for anything over 16h. Dark blue is almost navy.

Gloves w/ Thinsulate lining ($8) - again, tested well today! Colors of most items are darker than they look on the website - got brown for myself and grey for my daughter. Planned to use them more for work gloves than riding but they kept my hands (which are ALWAYS cold) warm for the whole ride. I thought they had reasonable "feel" for winter gloves.

Fleece riding rug ($13) - very nice but the saddle opening is more suited to a western saddle. In fact one of the western girls happily bought it from me on the spot!

Tendon boots ($12) - Never had a pair but am dabbling in jumping. Got the cob size in dark blue, they seem very similar to boots my daughter has used and I'm sure they will do the job well for the price.

Garda halter ($12) - khaki green in XL for the Clyde filly. Fits just right done all the way up and she's still growing. Newmarket-type striped fleece on the inside in turquoise and white - I think it's really sharp!

Quality of everything seems fine, nothing I would send back or hesitate to use. Looking forward to the next 50% sale - I might try more "sized" things like breeches as they have free return shipping.