The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Ok, I got my items last night after ordering 10/22. Considering I live in SoCal, I'm pretty pleased with that!! I also used the 50% off coupon code, AWESOME2, and qualified for free shipping.

Georgueze bridle: $17.97
    LOVE it. The browband is very tasteful, and since my horse has a big white face, I didn't want anything too blingy. For being a super cheap bridle, I'm impressed with the leather. It was soft enough to use right out of the bag. I hate the reins, but I don't like web with the stops anyway. I do plan on soaking it in Neatsfoot oil, just to soften it up a bit more. I got a Cob size based on the reviews, and it fits well. The cheekpieces are on the longest holes, but if I went up to Horse size the noseband and flash would be way too big. My horse has an in-between size head, so I was expecting that. Besides, it will stretch. I don't expect it to hold up for a long period of time, but hell for that price, I don't care!! My trainer wants to order a couple to use as "baby bridles". Definitely a better quality than Smartpak's cheap-o line.

Horze Chooze All-around saddle pad: $13.95
    LOVE it. Perfect amount of padding, not too thick, but not super thin. Plus, the bright green looks awesome on my chestnut, and is one of my XC colors!! Good size, but not too big so that my 15.1h Arab/QH is overwhelmed. I was going to order the dressage version of this pad, but they didn't have the color I wanted.

Horze Grand Prix Women's full seat breech: $59.50
    Great schooling breeches. The material is comfortable, easy to keep clean, and lightweight without being too thin. I have a hard body to fit. I am usually a 28 or 30L depending on the breech, so I went with the 28. I could probably have gotten away with a 26, but then I think they would be too tight in the hips. They do gap at the waist, but its because I have hips and a butt but a small waist. Definitely a good buy at half price.

Horze Cool Women's Competition Shirt, short sleeve: $17.47
    A little more snug than I anticipated, but I have linebacker shoulders. I am normally a women's medium, so that's what I got. I wish it were a bit longer, but I have a very long torso. Since my show breeches are regular rise there won't be a problem though. Love the material, and I think the design and logo look pretty good. Plus you won't see them with a coat on. Considering Kerrit's shirt that is similar to this is about $50, I will definitely keep it!

Overall I am pleased with the quality for the price, and will have no problem ordering from them again!

Are there any other half off codes!! AWESOME2 doesn't work as off today

Quote Originally Posted by Sloeryder View Post
    Are there any other half off codes!! AWESOME2 doesn't work as off today
    Try LIFESTYLE1

I just got my Elite Breeches and LOVE them! Great stretch but still firm enough to hide any wobbly bits! Feel like second skin! True to size. I also got the Winter Rider Pants and they fit great! I got them to wear over my breeches while I retrieve pony from snow and tack up. They are full zip so I can take them off over my boots! Plus the full seat means if it's wicked cold I can just ride in them! :-) Great quality and half off! :-D
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post

Georgueze bridle: $17.97
    LOVE it. The browband is very tasteful, and since my horse has a big white face, I didn't want anything too blingy. For being a super cheap bridle, I'm impressed with the leather. It was soft enough to use right out of the bag. I hate the reins, but I don't like web with the stops anyway. I do plan on soaking it in Neatsfoot oil, just to soften it up a bit more. I got a Cob size based on the reviews, and it fits well. The cheekpieces are on the longest holes, but if I went up to Horse size the noseband and flash would be way too big. My horse has an in-between size head, so I was expecting that. Besides, it will stretch. I don't expect it to hold up for a long period of time, but hell for that price, I don't care!! My trainer wants to order a couple to use as "baby bridles". Definitely a better quality than Smartpak's cheap-o line.

Just an FYI.....my saddle guy always cautions about soaking in neatfoot oil as he feels it can compromise/rot the stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by ndirish07 View Post
    Try LIFESTYLE1

Doesn't work This is what I get for waiting

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Just an FYI.....my saddle guy always cautions about soaking in neatfoot oil as he feels it can compromise/rot the stitching.
    I think this is true for cotton or linen stitching, but not nylon which I would expect a bridle at this price point to be.

Also, you want to make sure you are using 100% neatsfoot, and NOT neatsfoot compound, which includes petroleum products which can weaken the leather.

I prefer olive oil myself – but tack oil seems to be such a individual preference!

Lifestyle1 worked for me last night, but I tried it again today and it won't work now. I don't know if it expired on the 11/1, or if it will work again later in the day.

OK, another order and review for me.

First of all, shipping is still a solid week + a day for me on the West Coast. Boo. I ordered two saddle pads and a pair of breeches on 10/23, got them yesterday 10/31).

Ordered these, the Grand Prix knee-patch, in color FBR, whatever that is. Breeches are definitely darker/browner than I had expected. THICK material, can't tell I'm wearing underwear at all, much less see my cellulite! Win! I ordered the 28 because the size chart said that was a medium, which is what I wear in Kerrits. Seems to be a good fit, though I'm not sold on the wrinkling at the knee. Definitely a long breech, goes over my ankle bone, and I'm a long legged 5'4''.

Got the Horze River All Around pad, in blue with a white stripe. Attractive. So-so padding??

The winner winner chicken dinner is the Elite All Around Pad. Love the shape, the padding, the underside is a little nubby to hold it in place. I'll be ordering this again methinks! I got the white with blue trim, and there are extra cords of maroon, gold and blue as well. Very pretty pad, more padding than the above, but not too much.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

So I finally got around to wearing the Silvia breeches that I bought awhile back and I really like them! They are too long, but when I cuffed them, it really didn't bother me like I thought it might, and for the 50% off price, they are great. Now I want to order another pair, but the codes don't seem to work anymore (GREAT1, AWESOME2, or LIFESTYLE1). Does anyone have a current one?

Weird that I am on the Horze mailing list, but never got any of these codes via e-mail, only from the COTH forums!

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    So I finally got around to wearing the Silvia breeches that I bought awhile back and I really like them! They are too long, but when I cuffed them, it really didn't bother me like I thought it might, and for the 50% off price, they are great. Now I want to order another pair, but the codes don't seem to work anymore (GREAT1, AWESOME2, or LIFESTYLE1). Does anyone have a current one?

Weird that I am on the Horze mailing list, but never got any of these codes via e-mail, only from the COTH forums!

I'm waiting on a new code too At least a a percentage. off something.

Needing some new 1/2 chaps, anyone find a code that worked?
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

Guess I'll add my loot to the review list...

I ordered the nylon core stirrup leathers, the basic irons and the sheepskin seat saver (new saddle, sold the previous with all the fittings!).

The leathers are good quality for the price. Nice and thick with the nylon core and though they are a little stiff and remind me of the Wintec "pleather" right now, I'm sure they will soften up quickly. The color is a good medium brown (Tobacco, on the site), not red or orange-y and will work well enough with my hard-to-match-brown dressage saddle. They are wrapped and stitched with two lines of stitching on each edge, so four total lines of stitching along the entire length, holes are numbered and the actual holes themselves are nice and BIG.

The irons, well, they are irons. I was pleased that they had sizes larger than 4" 1/4" because I've had problems with my winter boots not fitting or getting stuck in my others.

Seat saver is plush, quite thick and generously sized. I haven't actually ridden in it yet since we're still battling the epic toe abscess from hell, but it feels and looks nice.

OH, and I also got the big tub of silicone braiding bands (the shiny, thicker ones, not the cheap-o rubber flat black type). I've never braided with bands, always sewed them in like I was taught, but figured what the hell. I've seen some really nice looking braids done with bands lately and will be more likely to do them for smaller shows if I know they will be super easy to take out. The box contains approximately 1800 bands, so I may never need to buy them again.

Thumbs up, Horze!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Any comments on returns? I sent in some items to return three weeks ago and another item to exchange two weeks ago and I haven't seen a credit or gotten my exchange.

I also asked for my credit to go on my paypal account (which is how I paid) - I did NOT want to put my bank info on that form. Either way I haven't gotten an email or any other info about it.

It took at least 2 weeks for the credit to appear in my bank account, I didn't leave info on the form either they just put it back on the account in my records.

Yes, returns are taking forever at this point to be refunded (3 weeks for mine). I had to exchange some breeches and that took about 2 and 1/2 weeks. Still a nice commodity though, especially with free return labels. I am guessing they are really bogged down with all our orders
    I wish they had a better tracking system. My order was still showing as in the processing stage after 5 days but when I inquired about it, they said it had shipped 4 days ago...
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

I returned a few items from two different orders on 10/6 for a refund via Paypal. Just got the refund yesterday (11/3). So it is taking a while for them to process them.

OK I guess I'll just be patient then. Thanks for the info.

Ok-just ordered a whole bunch of stuff from Horze, will write a review when I get everything. Very exicted!!!

New code: WINTER1

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post
    Ok-just ordered a whole bunch of stuff from Horze, will write a review when I get everything. Very exicted!!!

New code: WINTER1
    you are my hero.

I was just thinking I should've ordered a new set of leathers and a seat saver for my new (old) jump saddle too, not just my dressage saddle. Now I can fulfill that dream!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson