The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I ordered last week on Monday morning and received my box in NC on Wednesday! About the same speed as smartpak.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Grand-Pri...&cgid=Breeches
    Grand Prix Fullseats in FBR color.
    Like em, don't love em. Wouldn't pay the full price. I am 5'9" and they were definitely long enough. I ordered size 30 and they are a tough loose in the waist and quite loose in the thigh and knee. Not sure if going down a size will correct that, or I just have skinny legs. The material I was surprised about the most. I was thinking it would be softer? It reminds me of my TuffRider bamboo fullseats that I think are okay. I was hoping these could be some show pants for me, but I think the color is too grey.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-ShowOff-W...mpetition-wear
    Show shirt
    Love this....such a good buy. I am excited that the sleeves are actually long enough!! That could be a problem on someone shorter though. I ordered a large and it fits nice enough to wear a spaghetti strap under it to help with the see throughness of white. Material is nice, kind of like under armor. The logo down the side is a bit big...but it shoudn't be seen much when riding.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Sure-Grip...t=6&cgid=Whips and http://www.horze.com/Horze-Nicolet-R...t=5&cgid=Whips
    Whips
    Cannot beat $6-$7 whips! Much nicer then I expected and I won't feel bad when I lose them. I should have bought several! Both handles are nice and grippy.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Air-Flow-...=9&cgid=Gloves
    Gloves
    My biggest order fail. I hate gloves and was hoping these would be light weight and not bother me. The mesh is waaay more see through then in the pics and I had to guess on the sizing. I ordered mediums and they are too small for me. Not sure if they are worth the trouble to even return. They just seem way cheap. Like someone said...Horze is like Ikea, you win on something and other things suck...well this item fit that bill.

Has anyone ordered the Avalanche winter rug? I'm curious as to the fit and durability.. I need a few new winter blankets this year, and have been looking at the Weatherbeeta Orican turnout blanket. Just wondering if the Avalanche from Horze was a good buy.

Bumping this up with a non-review of sorts. I still haven't gotten my package... . I ordered two Wednesdays ago, got an email Mon of last week that one item was backordered and the rest was shipping that day. I emailed today asking about my order, and to let them know they were getting some great reviews on here. Kinda bummed. All I ordered were the tendon boots, some rubber bands, small stuff.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

I made three orders during the sale, and have been thrilled with everything! I got saddle pads, ear nets, fleece coolers, tops and breeches. I really like the saddle pads - I got the Toulouse and Elite pads. They look really sharp and I've gotten several compliments on them. I am particularly happy with the breeches. It is difficult for me to find breeches that fit well. I am long waisted with a narrow waist/larger hips, and I'm between sizes too. I ordered the elite and active breeches with the regular waist in the smaller size. I was sure I would be returning them, but they fit really well and look great! The waist is still slightly big, but nothing a belt won't take care of. They are longer than most breeches, but I think they are a perfect length. They are not as long as my TR breeches. Overall I'm really pleased, and I will definitely be ordering from them again! Btw, I'm in VA and my orders took 3-4 days to arrive.

I knew as soon as I b****ed, it would show! Didn't go to the barn today, still wary of taking my 2nd degree flash fried wrist into that environment, but am going tomorrow! Will try boots on Odie, but they look took big. Oh well, they are UBER CUTE. Tendon boots and fetlock boots seem really sturdy, love the baby blue colors. I got baby blue rubber bands too, they seem bigger than regular horse rubber bands but not by much.

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Default Venice Bridle

Does it have the horze logo on it anywhere?

Yes, it has the Horze Z on it attached to the browband, you can see it in my pictures.

I am waiting for another order, but will review the items I already received.
    Horze Country Chaps
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Country-C...t=2&cgid=Chaps
    Really liked the design (finally, no stitching to be worn from rubbing on the inside.) They are flattering and made for a more slender calf. Took a total guess on the sizing and ordered Mediums (I am 5'8" 135lbs. ) However, I would swear that they are not leather! Hard to really tell without cutting into them but they feel more like pleather. Very thin material with fabric backing. For $40 I am keeping them, but would not have paid full price.

Horze Georgueze Bridle
    Was expecting better quality per the reviews on here. It does look very nice on my warmblood mare. Browband is charming and plenty big, and I like how the throat latch has buckles on both sides. Definitely worth the $17.97!

Breeches
    Got 4 pairs, liked the quality, but they were all HUGE. Am returning them and hopefully next size down will be the right fit.

Love the socks especially for around $3/pair
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

Just got my own order in and I am very happy with the quality for what I paid! I got the Base Fleece Rug, Vancouver Saddle Pad, and a 3 ring show jumping bit.

The only minor complaint I have is the colors aren't quite the same as they appeared on my monitor ... The saddle pad is definitely more purple than light blue. It's a pretty shade of purple, though, and the saddle pad is otherwise very cute and I only plan to school in it anyway, so I don't really mind!

Thumbs down

I purchased 2 sets of white polo wraps. They must be made in China, the Velcro never matches up, it overlaps & was sewn on funny. Plus... pretty white polos with "Horze" in huge letters, very tacky. They are going back.

I got a couple things for them. I got the silvia breeches in a 26 but had to return them because they were too big. I have really skinny legs so they were too big in the legs and I already order the smaller size I some times fit into. I they ordered the Laurel denim breeches in a 26 and they fit perfect. They were much skinner in the leg and I really like them. I also got the tendon boots and they seem nice and the pink color is cute. Overall I am happy, especially with the the laurel denim breeches.

Quote Originally Posted by T-storm chick View Post
    Not to hijack...but this is a must. WITH PICTURES. (Preferably of Odie going over a perfect little crossrail, lol!) I have to confess I love your mini-donk and if I weren't all the way across the country I would so kidnap him!
    OK, they are ridiculously big, but still cute!! And omg he was so angry about having them on!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    OK, they are ridiculously big, but still cute!! And omg he was so angry about having them on!
    No wonder he was mad - they're on backwards!!!

I just got my box of goodies, and I love it all!

I got the Venice bridle, and like others here, I'm really impressed with the quality of the leather for a $38 bridle. It's comparable to an old Courbette bridle that I had for years. Let's hope it holds up as long as that one did! For some weird reason, I didn't think it came with reins, so I ordered these reins separately, which are also very nice. However, I love the reins that came with the bridle, as they have stoppers every 12" or so.

The Active Knee-Patch breeches are great. I felt that they run true to size, and I didn't think they were long at all. They end right above my ankle bone, which is about where I like them... most other breeches are at least a few inches shorter, and it drives me crazy.

I got the cheap "Nice" halter, which was a pretty great halter for $5.

I also got the thinsulate gloves and I think they might just be TOO warm! But I live in the south, so there you go.

My last item was the cheap flat-end spurs. They came with nylon straps, which I also didn't realize (seriously, I must have been drinking when I made this order, as this was all clearly stated in the item descriptions). I had a rather unpleasant surprise when I opened them--the straps were pinned together with two straight pins! I didn't realize this until I started unraveling the straps and poked my finger. I'll be contacting them about it, and hopefully they'll at least add a warning or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCAT View Post
    No wonder he was mad - they're on backwards!!!
    Oh geez hahah. They are apparently different than brushing boots. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Oh geez hahah. They are apparently different than brushing boots. Whoops.
    You just have them on the wrong legs - the straps should face backwards, not forwards.

Not just on the wrong leg. The front should be open and the hard shell should be over the back of the leg. Think tendon/over reach protection.

Ah yes, that's right - didn't realize they were open front boots! Yes, turn them around, and switch legs with straps facing backward.

I ordered a bunch of stuff, but my favorite by far is the Pro Tec riding rug http://www.horze.com/Horze-ProTrek-R...iding-blankets. I've been looking for a riding rug that wasn't just fleece but a bit more substantial, and this fit the bill. It seems warm enough that when it's 25 degrees out it will be warm enough (I never thought just plain fleece quarter sheets were heavy enough), and it has some weight to it so if there's a breeze when out on a trail it probably won't flip up like a plain fleece one. Love it!

Ah public embarrassment.

I put brushing boots on, ooooold ones probably 20 years old, and I know I did those the way I was taught, but now I'm wondering . Straps were facing forward! Erm...