The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default First Outing of the Year: Southern Pines I, March 9-10

I believe SPI is exactly 10 weeks away and I haven't been on Mick for the past week, due to ice, mud, and snow. But I am planning to go because it is a great venue, have a bff who lives in SP, and it will get our feet wet at Prel before resuming (knock on wood) Intermediate.

So, who else plans to be there? I *may* have BF coming along to play golf but would love to get together with others while I am there. Of course, we'd be coming in on Friday and leaving on Sunday.

Ooh Ooh! Pick me!

I'll be there with 2 (one Prelim and hopefully one at Novice making his USEA debut). Our new farm is literally right around the corner from the CHP, less than a mile. So I see an "After XC party" in our future

PM me or I'll try to find you in stabling, looking forward to meeting you in person!
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

10 weeks away? Is that it??

Maybe I should look at the omnibus in the near future! I have no plans, other than hitting up a few of the jumper shows, CTs, and a few dressage shows over the winter (hopefully one next weekend). I would love to go to SP, but I don't know if it's in the cards! I probably won't do anything until Morven.

Great! I think I have stabling, down the road from my friend's house, at a very cozy place. If BF comes, we will stay somewhere else, otherwise, I will stay with my friend. It is probably better if BF does NOT come along because he is not horsey and will probably be aghast at my very bizarre, nervous competition weekend behavior, in concert with passing out at 8 pm, leaping up at 4:30 am, yadayada! Definitely up for an after XC partay and getting to meet up with you and hopefully others! Prel does XC on Saturday so I will be totally relaxed after that. Will PM!

Ann
    Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    Ooh Ooh! Pick me!

I'll be there with 2 (one Prelim and hopefully one at Novice making his USEA debut). Our new farm is literally right around the corner from the CHP, less than a mile. So I see an "After XC party" in our future

PM me or I'll try to find you in stabling, looking forward to meeting you in person!

You can travel with me. I have a large trailer and only one lone horse going.... but I may stay with a friend or bring BF so housing would probably be up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbritches View Post
    10 weeks away? Is that it??

Maybe I should look at the omnibus in the near future! I have no plans, other than hitting up a few of the jumper shows, CTs, and a few dressage shows over the winter (hopefully one next weekend). I would love to go to SP, but I don't know if it's in the cards! I probably won't do anything until Morven.

Thanks for the offer! It's more than covering the barn/vacation days than actually getting there, though (and hotel, etc...though, if I drove myself down, Stella and I could borrow my BFF's winter camping gear and sleep in the gooseneck!).

though, if I drove myself down, Stella and I could borrow my BFF's winter camping gear and sleep in the gooseneck!).
    I have a guest room and a paddock that you are more than welcome to

(yes, that is me enabling)
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Planning on going with a student running Training, might bring my colt along to run Training too. My mare will hopefully be doing I at SP2 so skipping SP1 with her....

Jennifer

I'm sure Glenbaer, JMP and some of my horses will be there.

I'm hoping to go if I can arrange to be in that part of the world. I went along to watch/help/braid last year and I had a lot of fun, except that I kept getting lost at CHP.

I may be there riding BN if a miracle happens ... otherwise I'll be in the same place I was last year, i.e. juggling clipboards by the dressage ring while freezing my arse off!
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

We will definitely be there with a great group of lovely youngsters!

Scaramouch- you know that things are coming together. You will be there. Chin up.

Now that Hugh Lochore is designing the upper levels for CHP, I am looking forward to seeing how XC changes.

2 members found this post helpful.

Speaking of CHP, does anyone know if Five Points at CHP is going to run an Advanced this year, since the AECs are now in Texas? Omnibus says yes...

Mr. PM will be there. . . and ACME - will expect an invite. . . . good thing you weren't on the carriage with me today. The local Hoke County shooting range, cool temps and a green pony provided some unexpected thrills. (But no spills )

Default Sounds like fun

I think I will be there with 2 babies doing novice

We are skipping this time because we are hopefully going to be taking advantage of an amazing training opportunity this spring. After recovering from my injury and horsey's injury, I hope we'll make a blazing comeback at Longleaf!!!

Wow, sounds like we have lots of folks going. I've only been on here for a bit (in between "jobs" along with crappy riding weather has left me with TIME), and meeting up with people at events is a big PLUS. After SPI, I am planning to go to Fair Hill (April) where I will be looking for a cheap place to stay/share.

Ann

I'd have to be gone 2 nights, 3 days, right? hmmm....interesting. Maybe a knock the rust off trip at training, then training or prelim at Morven....hmmmm....

(I hate winter).

Definitely starting off my season with a run below current level... SPI is great for that! C'mon Amanda!

I'd have to be gone 2 nights, 3 days, right? hmmm....interesting. Maybe a knock the rust off trip at training, then training or prelim at Morven....hmmmm....

(I hate winter).

Depending on how things go while we're in Aiken, we might venture down for SPI...if we do, we'd love to get together with other CoThers!
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

Quote Originally Posted by ahbaumgardner View Post
    Definitely starting off my season with a run below current level... SPI is great for that! C'mon Amanda!
    I am taking it under serious consideration. Have some math to do!

I may actually chat with you about your offer! Save both of us some money!