The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default My Horze.com Product Reviews

Does this need a new thread? Probably not. But I'm giving it its own anyway.
    Below, find reviews of all the Horze products I own. Since they don't list reviews on their site, perhaps this will help someone in the future. Please note that I have purchased all of these items during 50% sales.

The Tendon Boots
    An array of color options always makes me giddy, but these boots are genuinely nice...particularly for $12. I'd rate them right up there with Eskadrons in terms of quality. I will note that none of my horses actually interfere, I just use the boots for trail/stumble protection, so they are never extremely tested. The obvious Horze logo annoyed me, so I cut that 1'' of velcro off. Highly recommend.

The Georgueze Bridle
    Let me tell you, for an $18 bridle this thing can't be beat. It arrived out of the box smooth and supple, and looks great. I am not a fan of buckles, aesthetically, but I bought it for a schooling bridle. Having seen and touched both now, I'd say it blows Smartpak's lower two dressage bridles (the Plymouth and...some other town on the cape) out of the water. I don't own a Smartpak bridle and I hear they oil up nice, but this one was nice right out of the box. Is it as nice as my Aramas? No. Do I expect it to hold up as long? Not really. Was it hundreds of dollars cheaper? Heck yes.

The Avalanche Rain Rug
    Bought this in the mare's usual size, and it fits great, with a good drop on her big barrel. Seems like decent quality, all the seams are straight, and the purple color is just drop dead gorgeous and unique. It's only 600D, but none of my horses are rough on their blankets and I have blankets going on five years old now, so I'm not worried about that. For $60 I was willing to take a shot.

The Base Fleece Rug
    Oh man. I love this fleece. It's thick and squishy and cozy. My SmartPink/Blue fleeces don't even compare. The color (the teal) is beautiful. It fits nicely. I haven't washed it yet, but I don't see why there will be any issue.

The Avalanche Fleece Quarter Sheet
    Just as nice in terms of quality as the full sheet. Haven't had the temps yet to use it, so I don't know how it is in terms of sizing.

The Fly Mask
    Not as nice as my Cashel (mesh is a little stiffer, doesn't offer as much coverage to the underside of the jaw, no double-lock velcro), but it kept my grey gelding's nose from getting burned all summer, and I didn't care when he lost it in the field and it got eaten by the mower, because I had paid $5 for it.

The $13 Saddle Pad
    I love this saddle pad, I got it in the purple color and it's gorgeous. It's not a baby pad, it's a legitimate saddle pad, nice and thick. It could use a little bit more shape for my mare's high withers, but that's my only complaint. In a less modern color it's completely show appropriate, absolutely.

The $10 Half Pad
    I bought this because I have a growing 4yo and not enough Matte's pads to go around. Is it a Mattes? Obviously not. But it's about a solid 1'' thick and does it's job of providing some cushion. I put it on top of my pad, and it doesn't slide around like sheepskin sometimes can. For $10 it's worth it. Also, FYI, it's HUGE! My 16'' saddle is dwarfed, my larger dressage saddle looks a bit more in place.

The $24 Winter Boots
    Now, obviously it hasn't snowed yet, so I can't give you my impression on these further than what I noted right out of the box. The foot is just as clunky and ugly as it seems in the photo, but not to a point where they'd be unsafe to ride in. (Not as clunky as Muck Boots, for example.) They are obviously not water proof past the laces. I ordered what they said would be a 1/2 size past my normal size, and they fit generously, definitely room for a winter sock. They're lined everywhere, and definitely seem like they'll be toasty warm. The zipper seems sturdy and went up/down easily, even where it was a little snug around my calf due to my jeans. My initial impression, before actually stomping around in the snow/mud...worth $24. Maybe even worth $48. Not for chores where you'll be in puddles, but for winter riding, absolutely.

The Woolmix Socks
    Oh man, these socks. Soft, squishy, delicious, $4.50. I wore them today and my feet were overly warm in my rainboots, but very comfortable! And while I know they were sweating, my feet did not feel swampy, the socks did their job of sucking moisture away.

Active Knee Patch Breech
    I'm a poor college student and usually end up in shitty tights. These are anything but, for $23 measly bucks. They are just lovely quality, could be many times the price. I got the beetle khaki which is a nice color, a little more grey than the photo looks. The Euro seat is super flattering. The rise looks high in the photo, but at 5'2'' with a short torso, I can assure you it's just a normal rise..hit me right at my belly button. They are freakishly long, though. But I'm also freakishly short.

The Active Check Knee Patch
    It seems silly since these are the same breeches above just in patterns, but I wanted to comment. The rise on these is a good inch to an inch and a half lower than the solid colored ones. No idea why. I also ordered these in a 22 and a 24, and they fit almost identically...the 24 is a little less clingy in the bum area, but not even remotely approaching baggy. But the waist/hips/thighs/length all the same, otherwise. I got the beige stripe and the blue checkers, and both are gorgeous. Like the solid color above, they look much more expensive than they actually were.

Re: Shipping. I ordered some of these items Sunday night, order shipped Monday from CT, they arrived here in MA on Tues morn. This has been standard with all my Horze orders.

So there are my reviews. I hope they help people decide to do business with this company, because I have enjoyed every experience with them thus far and feel that they should be encouraged to bring the rest of their lines over to the US. If anyone wants pictures of anything, I'd be more than happy to take some!
    Well isn't this dandy?

Oh no, another place with nice stuff (and deals!) to shop from...

Thank you for the reviews you... you enabler you!

How often do they have the %50 sales? I love the colors but I also need things in conservative colors for shows and lessons. They are out of the tendon boots in black in cob size.

Aw crap. Just when I thought my credit card would get a breather.

Do they advertise their 50% off sales via email?

I heart Horze.

Agree about the tendon boots. I also got two polo shirts that are awesome and a very nice saddle pad. The best thing about Horze for me = MANY items come in PONY sizes! What a relief. They fit my pony great. They also offer a shetland size (which I have no use for, but thought I'd mention it).

I saw that the tendon boots came in Shetland size. I bet that is adorable!

Posted on the other thread. Got the hackamore. Not realy leather. More like naugahyde. Nylon lined. Worth less than the $17.50 I paid for it. (plus$9.50 shipping). Should have ordered from Smartpak.

Quote Originally Posted by IFG View Post
    Posted on the other thread. Got the hackamore. Not realy leather. More like naugahyde. Nylon lined. Worth less than the $17.50 I paid for it. (plus$9.50 shipping). Should have ordered from Smartpak.
    Is that the only thing you ordered? As my post above indicates, I'm very pleased with everything I've ordered, and some of the items are several months old so have seen some wear.

I think a poster on the other thread was correct: It's like Ikea. There are some very, very good deals to be had. (Hello precious little pink juice glasses made in France for $1 each!) But there are also some duds.
    Well isn't this dandy?

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Is that the only thing you ordered? As my post above indicates, I'm very pleased with everything I've ordered, and some of the items are several months old so have seen some wear.

I think a poster on the other thread was correct: It's like Ikea. There are some very, very good deals to be had. (Hello precious little pink juice glasses made in France for $1 each!) But there are also some duds.
    Yeah, I have more than enough of saddle pads, breeches, saddles, bridles. Have been in the game long enough so that I am getting rid of things more than I am buying. The hackamore was really all I needed.

Well, they offer free return shipping

I think you owe me some money, because your review was almost exactly the same as my shopping list. I had myself talked out of spending the extra money but I think you've talked me into it!

Also how often do they have these 50% off sales? I really don't need some of the items right now and shouldn't spend the money this month but if I knew they had these sales every couple of months I could wait.
    OTTB CONNECT
    FB group for all things related to non racing Thoroughbreds.. Click here to join ~~~> OTTB CONNECT

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBreeze View Post
    I think you owe me some money, because your review was almost exactly the same as my shopping list. I had myself talked out of spending the extra money but I think you've talked me into it!

Also how often do they have these 50% off sales? I really don't need some of the items right now and shouldn't spend the money this month but if I knew they had these sales every couple of months I could wait.
    I do what I can.

Yes, the sales are pretty frequent. The above items were spread out over several orders starting in maybe Feb, and nothing was bought full price, all 50% off. If it's not monthly, it's bi-monthly.

I never seem to get the emails, though, so occasionally I just google "Horze coupon code" and that usually digs a code up.
    Well isn't this dandy?

Cool! I might have to snap up a pair of their breeches...I'm in need of some new schooling stuff, I love my Irideon but am looking to diversify a bit!

Does anyone have experience with their bits? Their chain bit looks interesting...I'm looking for a waterford. This is by far the cheapest I've come across. Just wish it was in a Dee.

OMG. I'm drooling over the plaid breeches.

Yes, I'm the obnoxious person who wears ridiculous things like that.

I'm holding out for the next sale, but I'm ready and waiting, especially for that rain sheet! I need one with a higher neck, and that's the best price so far, even if it is only 600D.

MY EXPERIENCE is mainly with the rugs.

Buy the best quality you can afford.

I have owned Rambo rugs because they fit well and last YEARS. As I posted on another thread, I look at rugs as an investment and with proper care, my Rambos are at least five years old.

My main concern would be tack. Not so much the money thing but rather safety.

I will reiterate, if you are happy with the quality (and price) on offer then you are "quids in".

Oh man, I was hoping these would be terrible reviews and I could just forget about the bridle from Horze I have been lusting over. Guess I'm gonna have to order it now...

I just ordered the chain bit yesterday, so I'll let you know I've been totally unable to find a 5 3/4" Waterford anywhere so I figured it was worth a try.

SQUEEEEEE!

Do you think the shetland tendon boots would fit the mini donk?? Zomg the cuteness....
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Also, I have two emails from them, including one that apologizes for the coupon code not being active yet. What is it, anyone know? Need to try shetland size tendon boots on poor Odie, am barn bored with Rory off to the trainers.

tendon...boots...donkey...precious...my precious...*wordless creepy Schmiegel noises*
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

It's nice to have a new shopping option, but their "bait and switch" sales are just annoying. 50% off the colors and sizes nobody wants, great. I hate that.
    Click here before you buy.