The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

That's how many trainers conduct business, you send them your horse to sell, they bill you for board, they lease out your horse, or use him for lessons, they make money on the lease you never hear about and on the lessons your lesson horse becomes, then after awhile they have someone come to them for a purchase, your horse fits the bill and they sell him for twice what they tell you they get.

1 members found this post helpful.

Don Slaughter is the bounced check king. If you work anywhere in town (thousand oaks area) you will know he pays his bills with checks and they almost always bounce. I have heard horror stories for YEARS about him and would stay veryyyyyyy clear away from him. Can you imagine how much money he pays a year in bounced check fees??????? LMAO.

2 members found this post helpful.

"He also bullied me into signing an agreement to pay off the $8,000+ monthly. I agreed because he was holding my horse hostage. I paid one month of the agreement, sent someone to get my horse and shipped him to me the very next day."
    $8,000+ monthly? For what? Boarding and training? Did that include a personal chef and town car service?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_SoCal View Post
    Don Slaughters business partner is Thomas Buettner of http://buettnerperformancehorses.com/horse_sale.htm

Of course, Tom removed my horses pictures and descriptions from his website.

Don was boarding at Blakiston Ranch in Thousand Oaks/Hidden Valley, Ca.
    I can't find anything in the FEI database about Baron Thomas Jeurgen von Beuttner. Though the website can be difficult at times. Can anyone else find any info regarding his show record with either FEI or USEF or on Centerline?

The FEI USEF and USDF logos are all over his webpage..
    A goole search of the name turns up nothing but a very outdated myspace page.

ETA: I posed this question on the dressage forum. Perhaps someone there will know..
    Last edited by skydy; Nov. 7, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

FYI it's criminally illegal to write bad checks. I'm not sure about CA, but in my home state it can be a felony (theft by deception, I believe in excess of $500), which can lead to large fines, 1-5 years in prison, and loss of voting rights if convicted. He's lucky if all that happened to him is that he got suspended from the USEF for bad checks.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy-lou View Post
    "He also bullied me into signing an agreement to pay off the $8,000+ monthly.

$8,000+ monthly? For what? Boarding and training? Did that include a personal chef and town car service?
    Monthy payments on $8k+, total, is what I read.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

Not able to verify credentials on Baron Thomas Jeurgen von Beuttner http://buettnerperformancehorses.com/about_us.htm via websites; FEI, USEF, USDF and or Centerline. His website also says he is a German Master Riding Instructor FN and holds an MD in Equine Science from the University of Munich Germany and has been awarded competitive Gold Medals in FEI Dressage and Show Jumping.

Hmm, I couldn't find anything either. The pictures on his website of ,I suppose, him riding aren't terribly impressive.

It would be nice to be able to verify Baron Thomas Juergen von Buettner's credentials, especially considering the company he keeps (ie Don Slaughter whom is still suspended by USEF , though he told me in the PM that he had payed USEF the money he owes).
    Last edited by skydy; Nov. 10, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

This is the blog that just keeps blogging about Don Slaughter and now his partner, Thomas Buettner a German Master Riding Instructor FN and holds an MD in Equine Science from the University of Munich Germany. Buettner has also been awarded competitive Gold Medals in FEI Dressage and Show Jumping. So to reiterate Don Slaughter is still suspended from USEF and has been since 8/22/2012. The suspension list is updated nightly (Monday through Friday) His name has also been removed from the USHJA Certified Trainer's Program Directory http://www.ushja.org/programs/tcp/tcp_directory.aspx. Also another interesting observation is The Marketplace Proquest's horse sales website http://www.proequest.com/ no longer lists Don Slaughter as a member although he still has a link on his website http://www.eishowjumping.com/Equispo...ng/Sales/Sales referencing his sale horses. So either they dumped him or he bounce another check.

Most importantly I would like to know why is IEL not sanctioned by USEF? I didn't personally see him but was told Don Slaughter was present an IEL show Hansen Dam, Lake View Terrace October 28th 2012.

This is right off USEF's website. A suspended person is forbidden for the time specified in the sentence to hold or exercise office in the Federation or any Licensed Competition, from the privilege of taking any part whatsoever in any Licensed Competition, and is excluded from all show grounds during Licensed Competitions, as an exhibitor, participant or spectator. Any horse or horses, completely or in part owned, leased or of any partnership, corporation or stable of such person, or shown in any name or for his or her credit or reputation, whether such interest was held at the time of the alleged violation or acquired thereafter, are barred from taking any part whatsoever in any Licensed Competition and are excluded from all show grounds during Licensed Competitions. Any Licensed Competition that permits a suspended person and/or his or her horse to take any part whatsoever in the competition is in violation of the rules of the Federation and is subject to disciplinary action. Where applicable, following the name of the suspended party are shown the start dates, followed by the end dates of the suspension. The suspension List is updated nightly (Monday through Friday) and can be accessed on our Website at www.usef.org, (choose Rules & Governance/Suspension List on the menu).
    Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Hmm, I couldn't find anything either. The pictures on his website of ,I suppose, him riding aren't terribly impressive.

It would be nice to be able to verify Baron Thomas Juergen von Buettner's credentials, especially considering the company he keeps (ie Don Slaughter whom is still suspended by USEF , though he told me in the PM that he had payed USEF the money he owes).

So, you have verified Baron Thomas Juergan von Buettner's credentials?

No there seems to be no online resources available to verify Baron Thomas Buettner's credentials.
    Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    So, you have verified Baron Thomas Juergan von Buettner's credentials?

Will someone please take a screen shot of of Baron Thomas Juergan von Geuttner's webpage for posterity?

I don't know how.

http://buettnerperformancehorses.com/about_us.htm
    Last edited by skydy; Nov. 11, 2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: To Add Link.

I did want that page, which lists his credentials, and also the "horses for sale" page mentioning his trust in Don Slaughter. Thank you !

Is there any way to have a time/date stamp to accompany it?

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa.Hare.Jones View Post
    Monthy payments on $8k+, total, is what I read.
    Oh, thank goodness, that makes more sense.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer's View Post
    No there seems to be no online resources available to verify Baron Thomas Buettner's credentials.
    He has credentials, just none that are horse-related though he has a few pics of himself on a horse if you know where to look. From what I can tell, he is just some guy who claims to have migrated here from Europe and he is a nobody. His real business is a low-end film/video production company he runs in CA. I think I know some people who know him in person but I can't say anything more than that because the guy is pretty much off the radar.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Thanks Peggy!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    He has credentials, just none that are horse-related though he has a few pics of himself on a horse if you know where to look. From what I can tell, he is just some guy who claims to have migrated here from Europe and he is a nobody. His real business is a low-end film/video production company he runs in CA. I think I know some people who know him in person but I can't say anything more than that because the guy is pretty much off the radar.
    I'm relieved to hear that. I am not in the area ,but it really irks me to see others being mislead by these people.

Hopefully by discussing the misrepresented credentials , suspensions. and dubious legal records we can prevent more innocent folks from being swindled.

I just hate the blatant dishonesty. It leaves me seriously peeved.

3 members found this post helpful.

Default BARN OWNERS BEWARE

In Response to this post. I am Jacqui Owner of Oakridge Farm. Ross McArthur who wrote this post goes by the name showjumperonline, med1kim@usa.com or IFCF. He poses as the owner of permistall and is selling stolen goods. His theft has been reported to the police. He has taken many barn owners in Southern California for an enormous amount of money. BARN OWNERS BEWARE and DO NOT DO BUSINESS with him. He also sends emails and pretends he is Dr Kim Neelson. If you need more information, ask a feed stores, permistall, or any barn owner in the area. Many have all been ripped off by him.

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpersonline View Post
    I had dealt with Don for several years selling him bedding for his horse, I spent more time talk to the District Attorney than I care to say trying to recover money from bounced checks. The only one worse than him is Jacqui Grand of Oakridge Farm in Escondido, she owes me thousands of dollars and all I get is the same old song and dance from her about how she will make good next..then next week...then next week. What is it that people who are just making it in the horse business feel that they have such a sense of entitlement that everyone else should pay for their pleasures?

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui@OakridgeFarm View Post
    In Response to this post. I am Jacqui Owner of Oakridge Farm. Ross McArthur who wrote this post goes by the name showjumperonline, med1kim@usa.com or IFCF. He poses as the owner of permistall and is selling stolen goods. His theft has been reported to the police. He has taken many barn owners in Southern California for an enormous amount of money. BARN OWNERS BEWARE and DO NOT DO BUSINESS with him. He also sends emails and pretends he is Dr Kim Neelson. If you need more information, ask a feed stores, permistall, or any barn owner in the area. Many have all been ripped off by him.
    Oh boy, here we go...

Default BARN OWNERS BEWARE