The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

And yet, 91% of people who can work are working. God bless all you doom and gloomers, today the stock market had its highest closing in years and years, the ECB reported great strides in stabilizing banks in Europe.

The President inherited a shit pile, and he's digging us out with a teaspoon due to the Do Nothing Obstructionists (Tea Party) and the Filibuster Masters (Senate) and the publicly stated agenda of the Republican leadership: our sole goal is to get rid of Obama, not help American people get out of this mess.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Quote Originally Posted by RainyDayRide View Post
    Looking forward to the debates.

Obama, Romney
    Oct 3, 16, 22

Biden, Ryan
    Oct 11

Debate details at
    http://www.2012presidentialelectionn...bate-schedule/
    Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to more of the same feeling of pride.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.

Calvincrowe--beautifully stated. I found the President's speech to be inspirational, and I was relieved that Clinton did such a good job last night laying out what's been accomplished by the Obama administration in spite of the obstructionist right.
    "I never met a man I didn't like who liked horses." Will Rogers

Sounded good, but little substance to suggest he knows what he needs to do to be successful solving problems over the next 4 yrs,

He will have at best, a split congress. In the presidents words, elections have consequences. But he has in the past, believed that only about his electio and not recognized that the same holds true for the more conservative house. When the house was returned in 2010 with more conservatives ideals, he was unable to cope. Clinton did and was very successful moving to the center. Obama has not been successful and in the observation of more than a few impartial observers, the latest being Woodward, he has trouble finding a way forward when he doesn't hold all the cards.

The people are sending a message when they split the branches of gov. That is part of the job of the pres, to lead even if you have to craft compromise of your own position. This pres has not over the last 2 years proven that he has either the experience or temperament to deal with that challenge. He said nothing last night that makes me believe he understands how to change that failure to success.

Romney has is own flaws, but as a moderate republican governor of a blue state, he has that skill set. We can't afford 4 more years of gridlock. As a moderate to conservative, I wont like the compromises he will make in all cases, but he will make them and well move forward.

I think it's funny when his handlers compare Obama to Reagan. No commonality there. Clinton and Reagan did have a fair amount in common. Both were pragmatists in office and had the skills to work across the aisle. This pres sounds good, but has not demonstrated those skills in practice. This congress is no tougher than the one Clinton had led by Gingrich. For me, Clinton's speech wed just reminded me of the limitations of the current office holder.

Jmo.

The speech was typical Obama - flowery and empty as evidenced by the Washington Post Editorial this morning that ended with:

"If Mr. Obama has a plan, Americans who listened Thursday don’t know how he would achieve it."

CalvinCrowe you don't understand employment/unemployment. You don't subtract unemployment from 100 to get employment. The employment rate is 58.4% according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics which is the lowest its been this year. The number of unemployed people has jumped by 294,000 people since April.

I have to admit I didn't watch the speech. He makes me want to barf so I don't bother.

I found some interesting reviews though and figure I didn't miss much..just repeating more of the same and nothing new. I'm not interested in watching anyone pat themselves on the back after the nightmare of the last four years. FWIW, I'm an Independent.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...-in-charlotte/

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...-game-changer/

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    And yet, 91% of people who can work are working. God bless all you doom and gloomers, today the stock market had its highest closing in years and years, the ECB reported great strides in stabilizing banks in Europe.

The President inherited a shit pile, and he's digging us out with a teaspoon due to the Do Nothing Obstructionists (Tea Party) and the Filibuster Masters (Senate) and the publicly stated agenda of the Republican leadership: our sole goal is to get rid of Obama, not help American people get out of this mess.
    Yup.
    BTW WWII got us out of the "Great Depression" but that's not really a good option
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I'm sorry I must have missed the part where he gave a plan?

Would someone please summarize that part for me.