The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Corporate profits - should they be capped?

Democratic delegates answer the quesion at the DNC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fTsF5BiSM

You so-o-o need a job, or a hobby, or a good book, or a good tryst....ANYTHING to distract you.....

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    You so-o-o need a job, or a hobby, or a good book, or a good tryst....ANYTHING to distract you.....
    Maybe some Canoeing?

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    Alas, this *is* my deskbound destraction today.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyoteco View Post
    Democratic delegates answer the quesion at the DNC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fTsF5BiSM
    Can't stomach to watch the DNC.
    But to answer your question - Absolutely not.

Who is going to invest (stock holders) in a company with capped profits?

What would be the incentive for a company hire more people if they had capped profits?

But, this is also the same party who had to take a vote to add "God" in their speeches...

Okay, just watched 1/2 of the video and couldn't go any further. Wow! Down right scary. I'd like to ask some of these ------ if they'd like their paychecks capped! Go live in Communist China or Cuba if you want to be Government controlled.

I guess these ----- never heard, "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness." "The American Dream". What a bunch of unhappy puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Maybe some Canoeing?
    hmmmm... that's a thought! lol

Signing off now for awhile.

Go find some funny videos - liberal or conservative and we can have some laughs.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

ZOMG!!!1!1!!!!1!!! YOU FOUND A NUTTER AT A CONVENTION!

alert the media.

If you have a mirror, I bet you can find another.

sincerely,

yet another person who is thoroughly sick of all the people on both sides who are determined to continue to be part of the problem (or lack the wit to be otherwise)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Thank you DMK for expressing my same thoughts. This election is showing the WORST of both sides. I'm for the elimination of the two party system so bipartisanship could end.

I am so appalled at the HATE I am seeing.

So if you don't want a two party system, what would you have? Elect-a-dictator system or what?

Yep, my ears are tired. The RNC seemed a lot quieter than this one, the DNC
    keeps parading people out that yell. A few have actually spoken. Either party, the volume gets high, the remote gets pressed. It's had much more of workout this week than last.

Quote Originally Posted by BasqueMom View Post
    So if you don't want a two party system, what would you have? Elect-a-dictator system or what?
    Other countries seem to be able to manage systems with more than two parties without electing dictators. They also seem to be able to hold elections in a reasonable time frame, a few months, instead of dragging them out for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BasqueMom View Post

Yep, my ears are tired. The RNC seemed a lot quieter than this one, the DNC
    keeps parading people out that yell. A few have actually spoken. Either party, the volume gets high, the remote gets pressed. It's had much more of workout this week than last.
    No, I strongly support the two-party system. I think the Democratic Party has become much more extreme than most of its members and needs to be replaced with a more moderate version based on the same principles but less extreme. It is hard to modify because of its strong central platform. Maybe if the Dems lose the presidency, they will get an opportunity to bring their party back to where the membership should want it.

The Republican party is much more diverse and has its extreme members, moderate members, libertarian members and even liberal members - so it's more of a hodgepodge of ideas. It can be fixed because it doesn't have the strong platform system that the other party has.