The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fact checkers: Clinton's 48 minutes were clean!

The title says it all. Almost a full hour of statistics and history and impromptu remarks and
    "with few exceptions, we found his stats checked out."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...ion/57627036/1
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s

Yay! Now, I'm just waiting with bated breath for the Republicans to come out of the gates roaring about what "liars" the Dems are, citing any even minor exaggeration, all the while plugging up their ears and yelling "lalalala" should anyone point out the blatant lies that came our of Romney and (especially) Ryan's mouth last week.

I'm working really hard to hold on to the optimism and elation I felt after watching all the speeches and the diverse, energized crowd last night. Gives me faith in humanity after all.

I'm glad to hear it! I suspected as much when the republican panelist I saw was glumly admitting that there wasn't much wrong with it on the fact checker front. However, when you have a group insisting their campaign won't be influenced by fact checkers, ya gotta wonder about it.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

How refreshing!
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Not according to the Glenn Kessler in the Washington Post.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Yay! Now, I'm just waiting with bated breath for the Republicans to come out of the gates roaring about what "liars" the Dems are, citing any even minor exaggeration, all the while plugging up their ears and yelling "lalalala" should anyone point out the blatant lies that came our of Romney and (especially) Ryan's mouth last week.

I'm working really hard to hold on to the optimism and elation I felt after watching all the speeches and the diverse, energized crowd last night. Gives me faith in humanity after all.
    For some of us, it's not about Democrat/Republican. If Bill Clinton were running for President today...I would vote him in, in a heartbeat. And I'm sure he would win by a landslide.

The last 12 years have sucked....with both a Republican President (never voted for him) and now a Democrat President (didn't vote for him either).Neither (In my humble opinion) have Presidential Leadership qualities. It was sad that the last one was re-elected and now this one probably will as well. Some of us are simply looking for someone else in hopes of finding another good leader. I will not vote for someone who has had such a stagnate 4 years when he made so many promises of "Hope and Change".

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post

I felt the same kind of optimism after watching all the speaches and seeing the 'diverse,energized crowd'.
    It was encouraging to hear thoughtful, intelligent and articulate people speak.

Sadly the 'ear plugging' etc has already started and is in evidence on some of the threads here as well.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Can't find the Associated Press link I saw earlier today, but this link
    refers to it. The dark sections are from AP piece. The rest is writer's commentary, feel free to skip it.
    http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/0...-bill-clinton/

BTW, The stock market tumbled 46% from mid 2000 until early 2001. Bush didn't go around blaming Clinton. We also had 9/11 and he still didn't go
    blaming Bush although the walls put up between the various security agencies
    under Clinton probably contributed to the event.

Reagon inherited a similar economy from Carter and by this time in his first term, the GDP was growing at something like 7% and unemployment and interest rates way down. Well remember a 14% mortgage under Carter. The gas lines were fun, too.
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!