The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    SweetMutt's Elf Guest

Yoo-hoo, SweetMutt!

Your elf has just ordered the first two items, and three more are definitely in the works. Hope you like lots of things. I always think that's more fun than just the whole budget on one. I'm scheming away up here at the North Pole.

Did you see my first message? Just wondered if there is in fact a SweetMutt on the receiving end of this package, just so no one feels left out.

1 members found this post helpful.

Last edited by Haiti Bound Elf; Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dghunter_Elf View Post
    For a fast moving sleigh headed your way
    Loaded with this that and the other, exactly what you will discover

For your horse and your cat, but mostly for you. The north pole failed to find anything blue. We hope you enjoy the somewhat non-horsey choices and that we didn't fail on the voices

OK - I give up, I'm really bad at this rhyming thing, but I enjoyed the elf shopping and it is en route (a little early, but otherwise, I'd probably forget)
    Yay!!! I guess that means I'll have to put up the Christmas tree so my presents can wait under it Of course, I'll also have to practice a little bit of patience and self-control. Two words that are not normally in my vocabulary!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Default HEY NOCTIS -- YOUR ELF IS HERE!

So, dear Noctis, I am sad to say that I am a very bad elf when it comes to rhymes -- I just don't have any in me

But, I love, love, love to shop - particularly for other horse people!! And I shop early, so you can expect your package sooner rather than later!

Any special suggestions that were not in the info the Chief Elf sent me?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretSantaAlter View Post
    So, dear Noctis, I am sad to say that I am a very bad elf when it comes to rhymes -- I just don't have any in me

But, I love, love, love to shop - particularly for other horse people!! And I shop early, so you can expect your package sooner rather than later!

Any special suggestions that were not in the info the Chief Elf sent me?

I have an ELF! Wooohooo! (and heck, I can't rhyme to save my life, I'll never have a rap career now!!) I don't think there are any special suggestions left, I tend toward too verbose I think!

Quote Originally Posted by MapleBreeze's Elf View Post
    Oh MapleBreeze, you have an elf...
    Oh elf, did you get the memo that I just bought a new horse? Does that mean I was really good and Santa has already delivered, or that I was really naughty and gave in to some peer pressure and enabling?

You mention bears. Do you prefer cute bears, classy bears, any bear restrictions? We have real bears on the mountain behind us, can we ship one to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliodoro View Post
    Hooray an elf of my very own!

I forgot to mention that DH and I have a "bear theme" at the house, anything we find with a bear involved we take into serious consideration for investment opportunities. Heck, if the horses ever get to stay here we've already dubbed the place "Bear Run Ranch"!

Oh I did forget to put down a new stock tie! Mine's getting a bit limp and worn. White please, small pattern or embroidery is fine.

And most of my day to day tack is brown, but I do have a black dressage gear as well. I could use a short brown girth (26"), but with the $ option I've chosen that may be hard to accomodate.

Happy shopping!

Hello elf! How fun to finally have a few minutes to read all the teasing and find a teaser for me!!! Well, my middle name is Lynn. As far as what I want, my mom always tells everyone to go in any store, close your eyes, turn around 3 times and point at something and that's what I want! I am easy to please, I'm just always so happy someone wants to get me something!! I do love to groom my sweet baby, so that would be nice. I have the "basics" but don't have any extras. And chocolate, I love chocolate! I try to use red for all of my barn stuff. As far as anything I would HATE to recieve, the only thing I feel that strongly about are pickles LOL!!! This is so much fun! Thanks for being a wonderful elf!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iwearhorsehairself View Post
    Finally !!! I hope that i finally got my alter registered,,,phewwww,,,. I promise that I am a better Elf than computer person ! I just wanted you to know that I am working on making your Christmas fun. If you could pick some things to put on the top of your Wish List what would they be ? Do you have a middle name ? What would you HATE to receive ? I know that I will have more questions as we get closer tro the Big Day ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by horsesinhaiti's elf View Post
    I'll try my hand at rhyming this:

horsesinhaiti,
    your elf searches the land
    for the greatest gifts known to man
    everything is going according to plan
    but, if you could lend me a hand,
    does your pony have a brand?

I found hoover piccys, but can't tell for sure if her has a brand or 2 or if they are just hair squiggles
    He has two hand-drawn brands on his left hip (EMW) and gaskin (DJ) from previous owners. I figured he was well marked for ID purposes and didn't need another brand for the hospital!
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo_all_the-way! View Post
    Jingo bells, Jingo bells,
    Jingo all the way!
    Oh, what fun it was to shop
    For Jingo yesterday!

Just wonderin', Jingo...
    If (and that's a big IF) I get the sleigh packed early, will you be able to restrain yourself from opening your package, or will you tear right into it??? I'm just curious; the decision is alllllll yours...
    AWESOME!!!!
    Well, normally I'm a rip-n-tear person, but if you'd rather I wait, just lemme know, & I will put the whole blooming pkg under the tree for the 25th. J
    ‎"Luck favors the prepared, darling." ~~ Edna Mode

My chrome password remembering feature will not allow me to sign in with my alter. I want to ask my giftee some questions about her location. I also want her to know I am here.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliodoro's SS Elf View Post
    You mention bears. Do you prefer cute bears, classy bears, any bear restrictions? We have real bears on the mountain behind us, can we ship one to you?
    We have our own real bears in our backyard, no need to ship any new blood in!

We've stuck to black bears for our decor, a mix of cute and classy. We do call our critters "bears" as in "kitty bears" and "pony bears." It's kind of like a nuevo Goldilocks lifestyle as we've got the 3 kitty bears(aka the bearcubs) with Roxi as "Little Bear" and DH and I are Papa and Momma Bear... wow, we ARE strange, maybe a little too isolated in these woods!

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    My chrome password remembering feature will not allow me to sign in with my alter. I want to ask my giftee some questions about her location. I also want her to know I am here.
    Have you deleted your cookies? I'd try that first. I have Chrome too, and have both accounts "remembered." However, you can always just click on the password box, delete the remembered password, and input whatever you want.

Default Shopping for SunkenMeadow soon!

It's time for my local tack shop to have their open house with snacks, fashiopn show and shopping! I'm very excieted SunkenMeadow! You should be getting something awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    I'm with Freebird. Delete all cookies associated with COTH. For some reason my alter creation got hung up and I couldn't even access the COTH forums. Once I deleted the cookies everything was ok again.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

2 members found this post helpful.

An elf for RolyPolyPony Guest

After some communication problems with from the North Pole I finally figured out how to sign in to let RolyPolyPony know that this elf is on the job!

I've read your list and located some items that are sure to fulfill your wishes! Just a few more to go and then I will have a full sleigh! If you have any last requests, let me know asap because this elf is a shopping fool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by appendixqhloverelf View Post
    ohhh AppendixQHlover!! Your elf is here and on the hunt. Are there any special requests that you have or anything you forgot to mention in your email, my fingers are itching to start shopping :-).
    I am allergic to peanuts... I love dark chocolate like really love.

D'art is the horse I am leasing now. We both are doing first level dressage in the spring. Going to Aiken in February for a week of cross country.

I love morgan horses and plan on buying one for my next horse.
    OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane AKA Bubble boy
    Boxer - Tugger's - outlasted my marriage

Question Shayaalliard...

And here be your elf! I wondered how I could shop for the COTHer with the pet store employee discount, and then I looked up your hometown. The one absolute, obvious first question might lead to shopping suggestion for me:

Skyline or Gold Star? Or ditch both in favor of White Castle?

I finally did clear it out...yes I made it through Sandy ok, thanks for asking! I have power which is awesome given how cold it got this week!!

Default Jonesbug!!

Hello Jonesbug
    your SS is here
    I hope that you
    did not fear!

Sorry, that is all the rhyming I've got.

I have some questions about your location. I see that you live in one state, but go to school in another. My question to you is, where should I send your package? Do I have a time limit to send it to the school? Am I limited to just red and tan?