The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

My body, my choice, and not to be decided by men.

Take care and take the support you are offered. Don't let anybody mess with your mind.

As an aside, you may get some nasty PM's - could you share if you do and how many? The internet, as we know, is a great place to do their bullying without having to say who they are. Delete them before you read them through.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

I was actually surprised to get no nasty pm's.

As an update, I'm working on getting an IUD. Should be scheduled for some time next month provided it clears with insurance.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    I was actually surprised to get no nasty pm's.

As an update, I'm working on getting an IUD. Should be scheduled for some time next month provided it clears with insurance.
    If your insurance won't cover it, check out Implanon (which is actually the most effective non-surgical choice out there) My insurance company would not cover the IUD but did cover the implanon under my perscription plan.
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

Won't go into details here, (I can PM if you'd like) but I've been in a very similar situation and was glad to have the support of my friends and family around me.

Hugs to you
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyPony View Post
    In all my years of riding, gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!

I have had 2 medical abortions. Once when I was 18 and one a couple of years ago. When I was 18, I was in no way, shape or form ready or able to have a child. I was on birth control at the time. More recently I was also on birth control and it was joint decision by my husband and myself. Both times it was fairly uncomplicated, take the oral pill at the doctor's office, come home and insert the other pills vaginally. It certainly wasn't a pleasant experience but it wasn't the horrible bloodbath that people make it out to be.
    Perhaps the worst part of it was that at 18, I had just graduated from spending 12 years in Catholic School where it was drilled into my head that women who have abortions spend the rest of their life in agonizing, gut wrenching guilt. So I was sure that life as I knew it was going to be over. But guess what? It wasn't. Sure I was emotional about it, but when all was said and done, the feeling was relief, not guilt.
    So, ((hugs)) to you OP. I am glad that things have worked out for you and glad that you have gotten mostly support from this board.

PS: Planned parenthood did my IUD for my copay $25.00.

Best damn 25.00 ever spent.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    actually, I think the "antibiotics interfere with BC" was shown to be a myth.

Absolutely NOT a myth. Antibiotics often have interactions with BCPs.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Quote Originally Posted by Horsegal984 View Post
    Glad to hear your body made the hard choice for you.

Which IUD are you going with? I have Mirena and love it, but it was frustrating for about the first 2 months as I had near constant spotting/ light flow. However there was no cramping or other "side effects" of my normal period. Now I'm 2 years out and I only have about 1-2 days of spotting if anything each month. Great change from the nearly crippling cramps I would have before!

IUD and IUC is different. What you are referring to is an IUC.

An IUD will not have hormones in it. IUC does (ie: Mirena).

OP I am glad things have worked out for you. Please take care of yourself.

To others, we are all individuals with different desires and beliefs. There are women who really want want to have kids just like the women who really have no desire for kids, those who will accept a pregnancy if it happens and not worry if it doesn't and finally those who want kids but for various reasons are unable to do so. Given all of this, why should we believe all women are "relieved" after abortions with no regrets? It is logical to be relieved at the time. Reflection comes later, after the immediate concerns are resolved.

To keep, to adopt out or to abort - that is a decision to should be made by the woman and if applicable with her DH or partner.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by naters View Post
    Absolutely NOT a myth. Antibiotics often have interactions with BCPs.
    Yep, and was told that by my OB/GYN when I first got on the pill 20 years ago. I was floored when I read posts in this thread stating that women were not getting that info from their doctors in recent visits.

Quote Originally Posted by gieriscm View Post
    Yep, and was told that by my OB/GYN when I first got on the pill 20 years ago. I was floored when I read posts in this thread stating that women were not getting that info from their doctors in recent visits.
    The pharmacist told me. He knew I was on BC at the time and then filled an antibiotic prescription. DR confirmed, but never told me before hand.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

I'm the .1% of women who get pregnant on the pill. I have a 8 1/2 year old son who was conceived while on the pill, no anti-biotics.

It happens and you have to make a choice of what is best for you. This has not been an easy road and the people who know it is not for them are the ones who spare a child a rough life if they are not ready. Was I ready? probably not BUT there are many who think I should have had an abortion. I really don't care as it wasn't their choice.

Same with you. It's no ones choice but yours. You are making the best choice for you AND the "child".

While I didn't make the decision you are facing I sympathize with you. It was a struggle to come to the decision I did.

PS I love my son and it was the right decision for me. I am giving him an amazing life so those that feel I should not have had him feel that way because they simply don't agree with young single moms.......