The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I hope your appointment goes well and you find peace. Just curious if you went from altitude to sea level? I have a few friends who were on BC that had issues with it working at sea level. I have two other friends who were told they couldn't get pregnant who did on vacation at sea level. One even had it work twice after IVF etc not working. Strange phenomenon from my Colorado friends.

I am overwhelmed by the support I've found here. Thank you all for being there in my time of need!! It really means more than I can express. I promise that I will check in after my appointment in the morning!! I'm starting to cramp like I'm about to start my period. Maybe that means something??

4Martini- I actually did go visit my Dad at sea level 2 weeks ago, however that would not have been when conception happened. If my figuring is right, I would've been about 2ish weeks along then.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Hugs to you. Its a tough choice, but at least as of now, its YOUR CHOICE TO MAKE. Thank God you can still call the shots on your own body. Only YOU should make that decision
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

I had a friend who was in the same situation a few years ago, and she went to her OB/GYN and was given two (I believe?) pills--she took one orally and was told to insert the other one vaginally. She said she had a very long night of cramping, etc., but thankfully it was all over by the next day.

Best of luck, OP! Sorry you're in this situation, but I'm glad you've got a good support system around you.

Big hugs and caring thoughts.

Planned Parenthood is great, for whatever reason you or any women of any age you know might need to visit them.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Not that this matters at this point, but Pfizer had a birth control recall about 6 months ago regarding several birth control pills in their line that were produced and packaged incorrectly (the placebo pills were placed intermittently throughout the month's packaging rather than in the fourth week). Many women, including one of my good friends up the street, had unplanned pregnancies.

This recall shouldn't impact anyone now, but you never know. Just wanted to throw that out to you.
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

Make sure you have someone on call, preferably with you, for a few days if you take the pills. My good friend had a VERY hard time, you don't want to be alone. Not to scare you, just be prepared.
    Quarry Rat

Since no one has yet suggested this...have you considered having the child and giving it up for adoption? That is a valid alternative to abortion but it does require you to carry out the pregnancy to term. My understanding is that there is quite a waiting list for newborns to be adopted. Just saying...Please no flames but it IS an option to becoming a parent.

No matter what you choose to do, I wish you the best.

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

oh yuck, what a bummer. I too am in the "I support your choice" camp.

No other advice, just follow doc's orders and hope for a quick recovery. Sorry this happened. How crummy....
    ...don't sh** where you eat...

True conservative chiming in here:

It's your body and your future! Go for it!
    And be more careful next time!
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Nothing to add but lots of support and well wishes.
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post

Cute.
    *friend of bar.ka

"Evidently, I am an unrepentant b*tch, possible trouble maker, and all around super villian"

Woke up this morning to what seems like my period? Appointment is in an hour. Will update via mobile afterwords. Wish me luck!
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Good luck! My thoughts are with you .
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Good luck!!

I don't know the numbers offhand, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that a lot of pregnancies-- perhaps even "most"-- result in miscarriage, often before the mother even realizes she's pregnant. Period comes late, is maybe heavier than usual, etc....

Do talk with your gyno re: what happened with your BC method, regardless of the current outcome. I know when I was on BC pills, my periods were all out of whack; I was getting my period in the middle of an active pill cycle. This happened with a variety of different pill brands, so eventually I switched to an IUD which has worked out pretty well, super-painful insertion notwithstanding. The IUD isn't 100% either but the failure rates are less than with BC pills.
    *friend of bar.ka

"Evidently, I am an unrepentant b*tch, possible trouble maker, and all around super villian"

You can also still have your period regularly while pregnant, this always scared me when I was late since mine is so irregular.
    Quarry Rat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank B

how exactly do you expect her to "Be more careful"?
    sounds like she's a very responsible person and does all the right things, including being fully aware she's not in a position to responsibly carry a pregnancy to term, so when random chance dumps on her she quickly acts in a responsible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    Since no one has yet suggested this...have you considered having the child and giving it up for adoption? That is a valid alternative to abortion but it does require you to carry out the pregnancy to term. My understanding is that there is quite a waiting list for newborns to be adopted. Just saying...Please no flames but it IS an option to becoming a parent.

No matter what you choose to do, I wish you the best.
    Did you not read the other thread? Adoption is a little more than simply carrying a baby to term (which in and of itself is a huge commitment), and I think the OP has already made it clear what her decision will be if she is in fact pregnant.

This may have been mentioned already but many antibiotics can really screw with BC and in many cases docs (men!) forget to mention this.

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    how exactly do you expect her to "Be more careful"?
    sounds like she's a very responsible person and does all the right things, including being fully aware she's not in a position to responsibly carry a pregnancy to term, so when random chance dumps on her she quickly acts in a responsible way.
    I can think of a couple of things a woman can do to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. One, don't have sex. Two, if one isn't an option, use more than one method of birth control. As stated, birth control is not always 100% effective but perhaps use the pill and a condom or some other method together. It seems to me that doing that would make it much "safer" in that regards. Maybe a bit inconvenient but better than having to face such a difficult decision.

I am glad to hear the the OP seems to be OK now. I'm sure that is a huge relief.