The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I am sorry you find yourself in this position. Wishing you peace.

Hoping your appointment goes well, I'm sorry you're going through this! No advice here, but plenty of virtual support. Not a pleasant place to find yourself, and I hope you can get some rest tonight. It's a VERY good thing that we have all the options available to us that we do.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Hugs! No judgement, you do what you need to, and keep your friends and family close to you. Good luck and I hope everything goes well!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

just a hug

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by MyGiantPony View Post
    I'm religious, but also intensely pro-choice.

That early in the pregnancy, you'll have a medical abortion, which involves 2 stages of pills.

It will take anywhere from 3-5 days for the termination to be complete. Sometimes longer.

Sounds like you have your head on straight and aren't being pressured by anyone to make one choice or the other.

Good luck to you. It sucks being a statistic on the side of birth control failure.
    THIS. It is possible to be religious (I'm Christian), and Pro Choice....

Prayers, hugs, and support to you....Hope tomorrow turns out in the best way possible.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

HUGS

I hope that you just are getting a false positive

I didn't mean to offend with the religious comment. In my experience my religious friends tend to be adamantly pro-life and I don't want to offend anyone.

Thanks again for all of the support and PMs! I am trying to get responses back to everyone but I'm a little overwhelmed right now. Please forgive me.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    I didn't mean to offend with the religious comment. In my experience my religious friends tend to be adamantly pro-life and I don't want to offend anyone.

Thanks again for all of the support and PMs! I am trying to get responses back to everyone but I'm a little overwhelmed right now. Please forgive me.
    Don't worry, you did not offend me at all! I just wanted you to know we're not all of one mind. If people are offended they don't have to read :-P.

Best of luck tomorrow...
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

You have my support, for all that's worth. My thoughts are with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Event4Life View Post
    Don't worry, you did not offend me at all! I just wanted you to know we're not all of one mind. If people are offended they don't have to read :-P.

Best of luck tomorrow...
    Ditto!
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Sending you hugs. It's not an easy choice to make, even when it is pretty clear what is best.

Good luck Dani, you have my support. As jetsmom said, it is never an easy choice.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Sorry you are going through this. Were you on antibiotics recently? That can impact BC pills and for some reason a lot of doctors forget to relay this bit of info.

Depending on how far along you are, you may likely be a candidate for a medical abortion as other posters have mentioned. They use two drugs most commonly; Methotrexate (a chemotherapy agent that inhibits folic acid and thusly doesn't allow cells to replicate) and Misoprostol (a synthetic prostaglandin E1 analogue. It causes uterine contractions). Methotrexate is given orally and Misoprostol is given either orally or vaginally depending on the clinic and clinician. It is not a pleasant process, especially if you haven't been on either of those drugs before for medical reasons (I was fortunate, I had prior experience with them).

Unfortunately, a pregnancy test can provide a false negative (ask me how I know...), but not a false positive. Wishing you all the best and lots of hugs and support. You'll be fine, it sounds like you are making the very best decision for yourself and your life.

Best of luck and lots of hugs!! Not a good position to be in, but a relief that we have the options we do.

Nothing helpful to offer except hugs and support!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Thumbs up support, don't go alone!

No judgment here, either; only support for all involved; I hope you can find someone to go with you to your appointment.
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

OP, while I did not terminate, I know what it feels like to take BC properly and be the 1 in 100. My son was completely unplanned, and my DH and I were not yet married. It is such a scary thing.

Like someone else said (as someone who has now had two surprise children... both on birth control, the pill and IUD)... it can be a false negative but not a false positive so likely they will confirm what you already know.

I fully support your decision and I am here if you need to talk, feel free to shoot me a PM.

If I were in your shoes, I would make the same choice (as would many women). You're not alone. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Hugs to you. Take along a really good support person, tomorrow, if you can, and when you go for the procedure.

If you read my post on the other thread, you'll know that I too am Christian and pro-choice. Also, that a part of my job description is to work moms suffering a variety of perinatal losses. Here are links to the only two places I send women who want post procedure support:
    http://www.afterabortion.com/
    http://exhaleprovoice.org/

Too many are only "pro-life" fronts and lay too much guilt.

Only best thoughts to you.
    hound