The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

What a wonderful thread! She looks fantastic. Congrats to her on a great show.

TPF do you have everything you need?

I just saw this today and have TONS of saddle pads and extras both human and horse clothes wise! Let me know what else you need and I will pull what I have together and send to you! Most of my clothes should fit her, roughly the same size! Don't worry about the shipping!
    Forrest Gump, 14, OTTB
    Little Bit Indian, 26, TB

Owner of Spur of the Moment, Custom made spur straps! Find us on Facebook

I have a couple show shirts and a couple of jackets. I will glady send her the shirts and one of the jackets. I also have a pair of new tall boots with wide calf size 9. They are just sitting in the closet collecting dust.

I am moving so less stuff to pack.
    OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane AKA Bubble boy
    Boxer - Tugger's - outlasted my marriage

cswoodlandfairy - PM sent!

AppendixQHLover - PM sent!
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

If it's ok with you, I'd love to send her a few things. Have a couple ideas in mind.

PM me when you have a chance
    i should have been a pair of ragged claws,
    scuttling across the floors of silent seas

Look at that smile on her face! Great to see! (The books went out on Saturday, but by media mail, so I'd expect you'll see them towards the end of this week/beginning of next week).

Wow, what a story!! I don't have english tack nor clothes, so no help there. However, if it would be okay, I make necklaces of all sorts. Would she like a necklace for either dress up or casual?? (Sorry, I feel kinda left out in nothing to send!! :-) ) Or a charm bracelet??

Oh, about the horse she's riding. Is that horse named Faith?? The markings look sooooo familiar!!
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

goneriding- PM sent! The horse in the picture is Monkey, the best teacher ever!

Whew, its tough trying to keep up with all of these PM's, everyone has been so incredibly generous!

I promise I will get to all of you!
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

Oh the story just warms the cold cockles of my heart! Please tell us if there is anything else your young lady needs. I want to help out too. Is there anything I can get for Monkey? We want her horse to be as well dressed as she is ya know .

I truly believe in paying in forward and the little things we do for those in need can really change the course of their lives. Thank you TPF Hunter, for being there for this young lady.

Default WOW

I have been so over whelmed with the response I have received from everyone here on CoTH! To date, we have received THIRTEEN packages!!

Thanks once again to everyone that thought of us and those that were able to help our friend. Even the smallest of items will be treasured for a very long time. I know there are several additional packages still on their way and we look forward to seeing what those have in store! I have a few more pictures to put online and will update everyone as I get them posted.

THANK YOU!
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

My package is going in the mail tomorrow - sorry for the delay! I hope she will love everything. She looks like she is close to my size.

And you'll have to let her know that the side zip breeches I sent are practically an antique. LOL They are Miller's Showriders and they were the first "fancy" pair I ever owned. I saved my babysitting money for months to buy them. I'm happy they are going to a good home!

It's wonderful to help people. It makes us feel great.

We've done something similar to help a local child but have to say I don't know any teenager who would want her name and photos put up in this way with the heading 'Underpriviledged teen".There is also too much personal information included about her home situation.

You can help quietly and if asking for donations from others on a public board, it can be done without publishing her name and photos which- if you know anything about teenagers- could cause her some embarrassment with peers especially if she is a sensitive person.
    Last edited by Crockpot; Sep. 21, 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TPF Hunter View Post
    I have been so over whelmed with the response I have received from everyone here on CoTH! To date, we have received THIRTEEN packages!!

Thanks once again to everyone that thought of us and those that were able to help our friend. Even the smallest of items will be treasured for a very long time. I know there are several additional packages still on their way and we look forward to seeing what those have in store! I have a few more pictures to put online and will update everyone as I get them posted.

THANK YOU!
    Thank you for mentoring this very deserving young horse lover. Please let me know if there is anything else she needs or maybe a "shopping card" for school/regular clothes.
    Free bar.ka and tidy rabbit.

Crockpot, I appreciate you reading this thread and I understand your opinion. However, she is very well aware of where these gifts have come from and is more than thrilled and not the slight bit concerned about this thread being online. This thread was started as a means to help her attain show clothes because she could not afford them in any way shape or form. In turn, I have been completely blown away by everyones willingness to help with this and she has received more gifts than I could have ever imagined. Additionally, I most certainly asked permission about using pictures of her to post, and she very proudly posed for photos without hesitation. I will also add that she is very aware of her situation and is not ashamed or embarrassed in any way. In fact, it motivates her. She is a realist but also a very happy and content individual, and I respect her for that. I want nothing but amazing things for this young lady, and her well being has been on my priority list for the past two years.

Her story is one that has taught me alot about myself and has opened the eyes of everyone around her. Despite her struggles she is able to work independantly, go to college, and ride horses, all of which she is extremely excited about. I am happy to share this story with anyone willing to listen, because she has trully broken the mold for the future that she was destined for. She knows how she has touched my heart and she has been a great role model for the young girls at our barn as well.

Please do not post on here and publicly criticize this thread as so many positive things have come from it. I ask kindly that if you would like to discuss this you may PM me or email me directly so that negative posts do not derail this threads true purpose.
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

Just saw this and I have a few things that might work for her if she still needs clothes. Could you PM me a list of what she still needs and her sizes? I have show clothes in a variety of sizes that I've been too lazy to list online. Now that I'm moving (and my closet space is downsizing), I'm very happy to rehome them!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

This is just awesome! I also have experience as a public school teacher working w/ at-risk kids; and you've definitely changed this young lady's life as well as your own -- and the lives of the other barnmates -- and the lives of everyone who reads this thread.

It's a good reminder to all of us to remember that each of us has the power to help somebody else-- even if we don't have deep pockets; being a friend and reaching out on behalf of a deserving person and sharing an inspirational story. I think there are so many people who are motivated and willing to work hard; but they just don't know where to start -- thank you for helping this young lady get her drivers license, get into college, get a job. Thanks for being her friend!!!

I know you are posting here for the horse -y stuff, but my expertise is in teaching / learning. Check out my website, www.f-u-n-training.com and soisystems.com. My private practice is "on-hold" while we are stationed in MS; but I would be glad to reach out to others if you think she could benefit from some extra help as well as provide some computer based training resources. If she doesn't have a computer & internet access; perhaps that is something else we could take on as a project. This young lady is obviously very capable of learning -- as evidenced by her riding progress as well as the other progress you noted with social skills, etc. Unfortunately, a lot of very capable young people don't reach their highest potential in school -- my suspicion is that the young lady you described would pretty much fall through the cracks in the average school where most extra "help" is focused on the kids who are discipline problems &/or who have a parent who is a "squeaky wheel". Just PM me if you think I can be of help.

And thanks again for not only getting yourself involved AND especially for giving so many others the opportunity to be inspired by your young friend!
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing