The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I cant wait to hear about her first show and see pictures of her in her new stuff!
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

details, details!!!........lol....and pics, too........how did the show go?...anxious to hear allllllllllllllll about everything!

Can not wait to see photos.

The show went very well! She was SO excited, smiled the entire time she was in the ring. She did two flat classes, one Eq and one Hunter. The judge played with the riders a good bit in the Eq class, asked for sitting trot, halt to canter, even had them reverse at the halt ( haha no one knew to do a turn on the forehand so they all walked and reversed). She was a trooper and got a Second place and a third place in those two classes! She proudly wore her ribbons on her belt the entire day! She was SOOOOOOOOOO happy, I took a few pictures with my phone and one of the other young ladies took some with her camera. I will try to get some up today on a flicker account. Sometime later this week I will try to get a picture of her with all of her new things and post those also.

However, after the show her mom told her she did really well, but she doesnt remember seeing her mother on the sideline watching. She was pretty bummed about that, not knowing if her mom was even there to see her show. She did have a few family friends come and support her and our entire barn clapped and wooped loudly each time her name was called in the class. It meant the world to her. She definitely had the time of her life!

Thanks again to everyone for everythng. I continue to receive PM's and packages are still on their way. I am trying my best to keep up with it all, I hope I havent forgotten to message anyone back!
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

Default PICTURES

I hope this link works, I have never used flicker before. More to come.... ENJOY!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8699044...7631498541918/
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

Very nice! What a lovely story.

Sweet!

She looks like she had an awesome time, and she looks fabulous in her new attire
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

great way to start a Monday - thanks for posting & for spearheading all of this, TPF!!

What a great story! Go Krista!!!!

She has a great smile on her face. She's lucky to have such friends as you. . And you're probably just as lucky to have a friend like her.
    Last edited by ParadoxFarm; Sep. 10, 2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Eta
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Wonderful pics, TPF Hunter! Thanks so much for sharing.

Would you mind sharing what kind of saddle might be ideal for her to own, if you have thoughts on that matter? I don't know anyone who has a saddle to spare at the moment, but they come up at the strangest times, and maybe someone will read your response and say "Hey, I have that in my closet!"

Based on your pics + story, I'm guessing the dream saddle might be an 18" leather (non-synthetic) model with an adjustable gullet--but perhaps she is just showing local stuff and a synthetic model would do? Any particular tree sizes or features that would be important?

I am glad everyone is enjoying the pictures. I will add more as they become available!

jn4jenny - A generous person from COTH has a saddle on the way for her to try out. It would be ideal for her to have an 18" leather saddle in either a medium or wide tree. Synthetic would do also as long as it isnt slippery! She will not show often, maybe once or twice a year, she mainly needs something that she can use for light riding at home and is comfortable so she feels secure so knee rolls would be a plus. Thank you for thinking of us
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

I wish I had seen this thread before her show!

If there is anything else she would like- some polos perhaps? I never use them- please let us know.

As a teacher in a low-income district, I have personal experience helping students who are homeless, have only the clothes on her back, have terrible but legal homelives, and have basically no support system to graduate from high school or succeed in life.

It warms my heart to see someone using horses to help one of these underprivileged youth. I've often though that my school district needs a boarding house and a horse program!!

The thanks you get in the future- in the form of cards, verbal thanks, visits, and word of mouth, will make you feel like a million dollars.

More importantly, you have no idea how much of a difference you are making in this young woman's life. Because of you, and your barn, this young woman has a chance to succeed and not repeat the cycle of poverty that is so common in our low-income residents. There is a good chance that without your help this woman would end up in the same position as her mother.

That update and the pictures MADE MY DAY! Right now, i'm not able to send much, if anything, but am going to go through my tack room to make sure! It's so great that you're helping her so much. She looked so incredibly happy in those pictures!

I work in Kindergarten at a low income school, and love to help the kids any way I can. You are REALLY making a huge difference in this girls life that she will never forget.

I can't wait to go through all my stuff and see if there's anything I can send. What else does she need? And does she need anything for her every day life? I have a ton of random stuff in my closet that I dont need. Does she need anything like purses, school supplies, clothing, or cheap jewelry? I have so much stuff that I was planning on taking to goodwill. I would love to send it to you instead, and let her enjoy it.
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

I have never seen a bigger smile! Wayyyyy to ggggooooo!! I wish I had some things I could send. Give her a hug for me, and I love that horse!

This is awesome, and I agree that you've changed this girls life forever. I only found this thread last night, and was really looking forward to the pics! What a smile she has on her face... Thank all of for you for doing this, it gives me hope for the human race. I will be digging around my tackroom for items that may be needed!

oh yippeee!...thanks for the pics!.....she sure does look "over the moon" happy............that is sooooooo nice.......and at a time in a kid's life when positive influences and supports are so crucial, you gals have stepped up to the plate and provided a priceless gift of time, emotion, and friendship........

christmas is coming........so maybe you could post a list of things that would be good to send for christmas

What an amazing feel good thread, I'm so glad I found it!

I don't know where in the country you are, but will she need attire for winter riding? I would love to help any way I can. I will also PM in case that's the better way to communicate.

Thank you for making a difference in someone's life. I hope it inspires others to do the same.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

As of last night we have received TEN packages!!! I have messaged everyone as theirs have arrived. This has been such an amazing process and I have really enjoyed connecting with several of you. You guys have made a huge difference in our friends life, barn time, and overall confidence in herself. I know there are a few more boxes on the way. You CoTHers are hands down some of the most warm hearted individuals I have ever encountered.

Thanks to each and every one of you!!!!

jenm - PM coming your way
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe