The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PaintPony, you have a PM!

eventer@heart, that was so thoughtful of you, I cant wait to show her!

Seriously, a big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed in every way to our friend. She will be absolutely FLOORED! Anything and everything she receives will be loved and put into use. Not having to purchase her own riding essentials will allow her to continue saving for her own car.

THANK YOU!
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

I looked in the barn and I DO have a 48" girth I would be happy to send. . If you could send me a pm with a mailing address, that would be great!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

do you have a tsc nearby?.......all us gals here have size 7 feet, but i can send a gift certif to put towards paddock boots...........does she have tall boots?.......i picked up about 6 pair from the local consignment store a couple years ago.....all brand new, but not expensive.....sizes all vary, becuse i got them for decorating.....i know some have very narrow calves, but not sure about all..........she have a chunky leg?......maybe approx length to knee would help....i'll look and see if anythng is big enough....

and come to think of it, i have two daughters in early 20's who regularly do wardrobe purges, and i have an overabundance of jackets that i use as knockabouts....most were second-hand to begin with , but too nice to pass by...........so, what sizes of other stuff would she wear/use....?
    this is a great thread

ParadoxFarm - WONDERFUL! She will LOVE that, PM coming your way!

tallyho -PM coming your way, but posting on here to give additional info to others We do have a TSC close to home, its actually walking distance to her house! A fellow COTHer has been so kind to order a pair of paddock boots for her and they are on there way. However, something that she CAN use are rubber boots or work boots from TSC. She works at another barn in the mornings and helps us in the evenings so she is on her feet a great deal. She wears a size 8 1/2- 9 and has wide feet. As far as tall boots, she actually had a little fun at the local tack shop last weekend and got fitted for tall boots( just for the fun of it). She said her calf is 16-16 1/2. I am not sure of the height, but she isnt very tall.... maybe 5'4 or 5'5. Im thinking that she will have to find some used semi customs one day. For this same reason, half chaps are hard to find for her. Her current ones are too tall and go above the knee so we cut them behind to relieve the pinching. She is due for those also but they will be a tricky purchase bc of her leg measurements.

As far as other clothing she is a size large in shirts and jackets. For pants she ranges from size 16-18. She will use and wear everything and is definitely not the picky type.
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for helping this girl! Not a lot of people would these days.

What size saddle do you think she would need? I have a 17.5 older style (plain flap) Jimmy's 20th Century saddle that I would be happy to send to her (shipping on me). Saddle is in good condition, think 1 of the leather stirrup keepers is ripped but billets and tree are good. I am sure I can also find some saddle pads, girths and whatever else she still needs. Let me know what I can do.

bartender- Sending you a PM.
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

I don't think I have any riding clothes for her right now, but how about some bits or saddle pads? Anything else she could use for the horses? Like most Cothers, I have a bunch of excess "stuff" that I could certainly pass on to someone that could use it.

Does she need a helmet? I'd be willing to PayPal some funds towards one.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Would a pair of size 9 ariats work? They are field boots, in great condition, and the old ones that were made in Italy. I tried sending them to consignment, but they are missing a few stitches on the toecap. I just don't need them and am trying to pare down.

As I type I don't remember what her discipline is, if she is riding dressage, I would be happy to send along one of my stock ties. If H/J maybe a custom baby pad and matching belt?

If you are interested, please send me a pm.

pony4me - PM on the way!

StellaTMK- PM coming your way!
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

Just PayPal's some money to put towards a helmet. Glad to hear that she is well on her way to looking great for the show.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Default THANK YOU!

I just wanted to post a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to our friends riding needs. So far we have received several items in the mail as well as a Smartpak gift card AND a monetary donation! I can't wait to see what comes in this week . I plan to give everything that has been received so far to her on Thursday, she wont know what to do with herself!

Thanks again to everyone!
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

The boots, saddle pad and belt will be going out tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater

not sure if that link will work, it should take you directly to the photo.

Hope she likes them!

That's awesome, StellaTMK.

The girth went out today as well!
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Wow, those look awesome! We are looking forward to all of it!
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

Wanted to let you know the saddle, complete w/ leathers and irons shipped out today and should arrive by/on Thursday. Also threw in a new black suede half chaps, a wool half pad, an Ipod, a waterproof watch and an Amigo tote bag. Hope she enjoys everything!

Bartender...that is so awesome! Can't wait to see pics of all the items together! She is going to have FUN!
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

OH MY GOODNESS! bartender...you package sounds like Christmas morning!

We have received so many packages for her in the last few days, a million thank you's go out to everyone that thought of our dear friend. I can't wait to post pictures. She showed for the first time yesterday sporting many of the items she has received from our COTH family. I have had to clean out my inbox several times just to recieve new messages from everyone so I apologize if you have not been able to reach me! I have also been a little slow responding with our show going on. Hope I havent forgotten anyone. Thanks again to everyone so much. Its hard to hold back tears every time she opens up a box, she is overwhelmed and these have been the best few weeks of her life. Looking forward to the next few packages to come this week
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

That's so awesome TPFH! Did she enjoy her first show?
    ¯ Oscar Wilde