The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Horze

I thought I would try their breeches-they look nice-but now they have "free shipping" but they also raised the price $10 I guess that is legitimate business practice but doesn't make me inclined to try them.

Too bad you won't give them a shot, or try some of their drastically reduced closeout breeches instead.

I love all the stuff I've gotten from them, equine or human. And they do 20-50% off coupon codes all the time, so I get everything for a steal.

Better than Dover having eight different prices on their website alone, nevermind four different prices depending on which catalog/which page of which catalog you're turned to.

I JUST got an email. I think everything is 50% off for the next 4 hours.

I've gotten amazing deals from them. I have lots of full seated breeches for under $40. I've gotten $150-$200 girths for $30, a $700 saddle for $350. Like everything else, you just have to make sure what you're getting is a good deal.

WHERE is the 50% off sale???? Can't find it.

It says enter, "LUCKY-HORSE-7" at check-out. Good Luck!

Thanks. I just found Ovation front zip dress boots in my size half off! $100. The code doesn't apply to that, but I have to get yet another pair of these boots because they're the only ones that fit me AND they're a super deal.

Yahoo!

I have been holding off on buying some stuff I need (no really, I need it: a reflective riding rug & vest to keep us visible on the road) & I just got it for HALF OFF!!

Thanks a TON! You can rest better knowing I am now safer

Of course I also got a bunch of stuff I didn't, technically, need immediately, but how can I not do it when it is half off with free shipping?

I remember the days when I used to spend $ on clothes for me...

The free shipping has a few exceptions, Portugal being one of them. Boo.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbow View Post
    I JUST got an email. I think everything is 50% off for the next 4 hours.
    I got one of those emails a couple weeks ago, and I purchased $73.00 worth of 1/2-priced knee socks and a lead rope to make the $75/free shipping offer. I was not disappointed! Fantastic socks, and just the type I've been looking for for ages (sort of like ski socks - they stay up don't get "eaten" by my boots or shoes...LOL).
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Quote Originally Posted by Rbow View Post
    It says enter, "LUCKY-HORSE-7" at check-out. Good Luck!
    Thank you thank you! I did NOT get this email, about which I'm very upset, but despite having placed not one but TWO orders two weeks ago, I placed yet another order because in the two week span, they came out with their winter collection in the exact teal my grey gelding looks so nice in!

So I took advantage of the code to try the breeches, but it charged me shipping-did this happen to others as well?

I got just a $5 shipping fee plus $3 for an oversized item. If they charge you regular shipping, just contact them via email. When I have had issues in the middle of the night there was someone there to fix it. Everything I just bought was already super low priced, so I didn't get another 50%.

I got charged shipping as well, but when I spend less than $50 total and get three sets of boots and a fabric riser pad (a style that I've been looking for forever after stupidly giving away my old Grand Prix one), it really doesn't bother me!

I had my virtual "if money were no object" cart up to almost $3000! LOL But I was good and got it down to $300. I did not get charged shipping however this is what I noticed:

When I added my first item, I went to check out so I could enter the code for 50% off. Prior to entering the code, shipping was free as the promo is still going for that. After I entered the code for 50% off, it updated and showed shipping. I think it was like $9.50. I went back to the home page and thats where EVERYTHING was listed at 50% off. When I added a few more items and went to check my cart, everything was 50% off and shipping was free. I think they do free shipping if you spend over a certain amount anyways. Maybe you cant combine the free shipping with no minimum order and the 50% off?

Has anyone tried their breeches before? I really like a LOT of them but worry b/c they are a euro company and usually euro style breeches fit a lot slimmer.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Yeah, it's like a game. They want to see how dedicated you really are. I ordered last night and got $200 boots for $100 and a hat, garment, and brilde bag for $40 that was $80 today. But today they had a whole 'nother section of cheap stuff. And sometimes you can find things in one area for one price, and then find it in another at a different on.

It's like Tack of the Day. You just have to watch. A lot of stuff is normal priced, but when you get good deals, it's amazing. I've gotten full seated leather breeched for $20, and a really nice bridle for $20 that I see is on their for $40 now.

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeMorgan View Post
    So I took advantage of the code to try the breeches, but it charged me shipping-did this happen to others as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    I got charged shipping as well, but when I spend less than $50 total and get three sets of boots and a fabric riser pad (a style that I've been looking for forever after stupidly giving away my old Grand Prix one), it really doesn't bother me!
    You needed to spend $75 to get the free shipping with the 50% off sale, I believe.

Just ordered two bridles at 50% off - $100 total! Saw these in a shop the other day and the leather is uber nice. Would have bought one then, but they didn't have my size. Glad I didn't because I just got it half price - woohoo!

Figured I'd get them both, see what works best and send back the other. Thanks to the poster of the coupon code!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PoohLP View Post
    Thanks to the poster of the coupon code!!!
    Thanks to Horze. I haven't used them before but it's sounding so good, I guess I'll go shop myself!

A note on shipping:

For some reason, the 50% off code combined with the free shipping promotion is causing some issue with their computer system. There is NO minimum for free shipping through the end of today (the 27th), with or without the 50% code. The cart system will charge you shipping anyway, but just give them a call and ask to have it taken off. They do not charge your card until the order ships anyway, so you can just call right after you place your order and they'll wipe the shipping off right away without dealing with the hassle of needing to refund a card or anything.

The customer service rep on the phone was very apologetic, said she had no idea why the computer is not processing both offers.

Seriously, on the bridles, the one I saw in the shop I would have guessed to have been a 200+ bridle. The leather was just as nice and soft as the $350 bridle hanging right next to it and it had one of the crown pieces that goes over the poll piece and patent leather accents on the cavesson and brow band - very classy looking. And to get it for $50 - whoa nelly!

Can't say how well it will hold up, of course, but for $50, it only needs to last a year or so - or make it to my bday in December when I can ask bf or parents for an expensive fancy pants bridle to be a good deal in my book.

Wish I had more money - I'd happily go clothes shopping for me on that site too!