The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

hi all
    well as promised here is the update:
    we have created a endowed scholarship fund in Calvin's name with these folks
    today-
    http://www.easttennesseefoundation.org/

they are a 501(C). anyway,the specifics I will announce in about 2 days.thank you all. and feel free to pass on.

Tamara Howard
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Thank you for the update.
    Will be looking forward for the next one.

Hoping you and your family are doing ok.

Thanks for the update, Tamara. Community foundations are a great way to make donation $ go farther.

Looking forward to the details.

"You may now inform others that you have established this scholarship fund.Anyone who wishes to make a contribution to this fund can do so by check,online donation or telephone.Checks should be made payable to East Tennessee Foundation to be mailed to 625 Market Street,Suite 1400,Knoxville Tn 37902 and include the fund name (Calvin Howard Agricultural Scholarship Fund) in the memo.
    Online donation
    s can be made thru the website (www.easttennesseefoundation.org) using Visa,Mastercard, or Discover. Telephone donations can be accepted at either of the phone numbers for donors (865.524.1223 or 877.524.1223) Online and telephone donors will also need the fund name so we can properly credit their donation.
    We are honored that you have chosen East Tennessee Foundation to serve you in this capacity.
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

For those that want to be sure where their money goes, this is a bona fide group, one of the most reputable non-profit groups to handle these scholarships in the area.

You can find more here, scroll down to the name of the foundation, East Tennessee Foundation:

http://www.tgci.com/funding/top.asp?...e&statecode=TN

I hope that being able to help others will help Tamara and family see that there can be some good out there from tragedies as theirs is.

yes they are one of the best...some one else asked if this was for our children or family....that answer is no....this is for random strangers (as it were) we are prevented by law from benefiting from it.

in an odd twist,we asked the local school system about 10 years ago if they wanted some money every year for an ag program/scholarship(just a few thousand nothing big)....they were so stunned that they never ever got back to us...which was odd we thought.

until someone else (w/in the school)explained that in a place that is so accustomed to having people demand things from it,giving a gift to them was completely foreign to them so we could not do it while he was alive. But we did try.

Tamara Howard