The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

One month already?
    Time flies and stands still for nothing

I got your card and really you did not have to respond, but that just shows how gracious you are.

Wishing you continued strength and peace.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Default We are all better for knowing you Tamara

And as odd as it sounds, honored that you share your grief, pain and sometimes laughter, and always strength with us all.

As I drove down the lane to our farm after a crummy day at work, feeling totally sorry for myself, the neighbors were on the hill baling and beautiful hawk stayed just long enough on his fence post perch by the road, to give me a good long "and you are feeling sorry for yourself today why?" look. He turned and flew across the road in front of me over to the big oak in the opposite field.

I said a prayer for your continued strength and grace.

Note to self: I will never be half that strong or have that much faith.

May God give you peace to keep carrying on. Sounds like you have the right approach.

Carpe diem, si te viveret ad summa nititur occurrit elit.

Seize the day, let yourself live it to the fullest though you are met with trying times.

This I do wish for you Tamara.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Hugs for you Tamara! I admire your strength; Calvin would be very proud of you and your family. I think about all of you and know you have the grit to keep that farm going. I hope you have a great day with great weather and lots of laughter.

Kathryn
    Free bar.ka and tidy rabbit.

Not only are you inspiring but so are those that support you. A lovely, loving circle you have made and continue to grow.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Still thinking of you and your family often. Hugs and prayers sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post

I think of Leena saying "no future,just today"
    I think the same thing to keep sane

Tamara
    You are both women of tremendous courage and grace, I feel inadequate but inspired by the strength you both have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post
    t

I have not gone up on the hill to see Him yet since it happened.But when that time is right I will.

Tamara
    Do you need to actually visit? Does his spirit not live strong within you and your family? You will never ever walk alone in this life, because he walks with you every day, as the years pass he will walk a little further away, because as you get stronger and start to heal he will give you space, but he will always be walking alongside, waiting until your paths join again in the future.

I can't get these words right, so forgive me if I mangle the actual phrasing, but I hope you understand the feeling I'm trying to convey....

It is somehow fitting that you are harvesting now, reaping the golden fields, looking back on the effort and the journey it took to get to this stage, and enjoying the benefits that the harvest will bring, looking at shortening days and while enjoying the afterglow and the warmth of the fall sun, knowing that winter will soon be upon us. The natural cycle of the farming world.

You know that after the winter seeding will begin again, and green shoots of new hope, new life and another cycle begin again.

As with farming, so is life, we have periods of winter, when life is bleak and cold and feels sterile, but when the time is right new seeds can be planted, new shoots appear, and life will blaze forth again for you. The cycle length may vary, but it will happen.

As many others here I think of you often, wishing you continuing strength.
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

I haven'\'t been to my husband's grave yet. It was exactly 3 months on Sept. 7th. Be aware that the three month mark seems to be the hardest...I guess because it's when you - usually - start feeling less and less numb, and reality starts setting in.

My parents went to the cemetery the other day, and said it was sad, since we haven't gotten any grave marker yet. The grass is grown over - his Dad went and planted some of the grass from their house - and they said it looks like nothing is even there. But is is. Really though, the grave doesn't hold a special place for me. However, his letters and pictures are priceless. And his old sweatshirts - I wear them all the time, around the house. Those are things that are precious to me. I just don't really feel a connection to the cemetery. Except knowing that the church was the one we were married at, just 2 1/2 years ago.

You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

I went to the DA meeting today (where they tell the family where we are and what we are doing)

anyway.I am not a stranger to them as I knew more than a few before I was ever married.(some for 25 years now)

So when they were in the meeting (like 12 people in one big room) it was just like being among old old friends, who were going to take care of this for me and Himself.

I can give no details,other than the grand jury will convene in Jan. and maybe a trial to begin in Jan.

I some times don't know how to thank you all.I don't know what to say to you to show my gratitude for a person you will (mostly) never even meet.

Your kindness spreads outward, in the same technical way that evil or anger or hate spreads.The difference is that love is multicolored and light and radiates up and out and skyward and carries trouble up and away into the wind like bright yellow fall leaves.

Sometimes I just don't have the words for you all.
    but thank you.

Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Tamara, many times friends don't need words, they just need to be. So many of us are here for you with our thoughts and prayers. No words, just love and support.

My best....
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

I was just thinking of you earlier while watching a neighbor harvest.

Continued prayers.

Tamera, you lead by example and we all grow by witnessing your example. Your faith is incredible and strong. Blessings to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    Tamera, you lead by example and we all grow by witnessing your example. Your faith is incredible and strong. Blessings to you.
    Yes, she does. I admire her bravery. Love you Tamara.
    Free bar.ka and tidy rabbit.

Tamara,
    I sending you love and hugs. The fields are turning colors here and I see the combines starting to appear. I think of you every day. I hope that you can nuzzle your horses and have their hugs.
    Intermediate Riding Skills

They're never really gone; we can still be with them. I'm sure you know of, feel, even hear him in ways that are comforting and educational.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

No need to thank us - this BB is a community much like your IRL community and I feel safe in saying we are honored to be able to offer what comfort we can.

Agree with those saying they never really leave us.
    10 years later I can hear my Tom's advice as if he was still in this world with me.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Tamara, my heart aches for you. You are a strong, strong woman, but I know how empty you must feel right now. I'm so thankful that you have a strong network of family and friends to help you carry on. {{{Hugs}}}
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Default Prayers

Still thinking of you and sending prayers. Let me know if a visit to Kentucky would be a good thing.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Tamara, so sorry for your loss
    I am in shock at what happened.
    Just back on the Coth BB after doing hay all summer and can not believe this.

Deepest sympathies from a farmer in Ontario, Canada
    John

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Does his spirit not live strong within you and your family? You will never ever walk alone in this life, because he walks with you every day, as the years pass he will walk a little further away, because as you get stronger and start to heal he will give you space, but he will always be walking alongside, waiting until your paths join again in the future..
    Lady, that was beautiful.

Hugs to you Tamara
    Holding you in our prayers
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg