The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Video of Charlotte and Dujardin, trainging in a SNAFFLE

Makes you feel good about that gold medal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9sqM...ature=youtu.be

I remember from the Ahlerich book that Klimke would start warmup (yes, immediately prior to his class) at the show in a snaffle, then switch to the double partway through warmup.

I'm surprised you find this extraordinary.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

What a happy, relaxed horse. No wonder he performed so well in London!
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Lovely video!
    Such gorgeous cordovan boots
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    I'm surprised you find this extraordinary.
    Why is that? I RARELY see video of an upper level horse being schooled in a snaffle............they are always in double bridles being cranked to death and I am sick of it. I grew up riding with Lowell Boomer and was at the meeting where he actually started USDF...........what I see now is NOT the dressage of old and RK days. I find it extremely sad. I wish FEI would grow some balls and deal with it.

I liked that he was in turn out, able to act like a horse. Very enjoyable video. The slow motion was very educational.
    Sheilah

Boy, you really haven't been around, have you? I see tons of videos of people schooling GP in a snaffle. I've seen Anky and Edward put up here tons of times. Someone has put many videos about how Anky's horses get out for walks several times a day, lots of turn out in fields, trail rides, and so on. I've heard her talk about it.

The old days? You mean when most of the horses could not do most of the movements correctly? When lame horses won the gold (ahem, Rusty)? When Klimke (a god, love him) rode Biotop through a whole GP test never on the bit because the horse was so explosive? I know a LOT of the "old days" GP riders and a LOT of stories about the lovely "training" methods used, and how many horses have been ruined or crippled.

Give it up. Enjoy the good stuff, but stop the rose colored glasses and the "good old days." Sounds like the right wing nutters wanting to go "back" to "traditional values"--you know, like when those colored people and women knew their places.

Default Layoff!!!

Here they go again, always amusing to see the b....... come out of the woodwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Boy, you really haven't been around, have you? I see tons of videos of people schooling GP in a snaffle. I've seen Anky and Edward put up here tons of times. Someone has put many videos about how Anky's horses get out for walks several times a day, lots of turn out in fields, trail rides, and so on. I've heard her talk about it.

The old days? You mean when most of the horses could not do most of the movements correctly? When lame horses won the gold (ahem, Rusty)? When Klimke (a god, love him) rode Biotop through a whole GP test never on the bit because the horse was so explosive? I know a LOT of the "old days" GP riders and a LOT of stories about the lovely "training" methods used, and how many horses have been ruined or crippled.

Give it up. Enjoy the good stuff, but stop the rose colored glasses and the "good old days." Sounds like the right wing nutters wanting to go "back" to "traditional values"--you know, like when those colored people and women knew their places.

When people resort to personal attacks, it really shows they have no credibility and therefore they lose all impact they may have had. Sad when you see people that haven't figured that out.......

No one has swooned yet over Carl Hester kissing a puppy?

Regardless of the quality of the horses available at that time, some of the riders were superb. Esp those who warmed up in a snaffle, and esp those who rode a horse correctly, as in riding back to front, keeping the horse's nose parallel or sl. ahead , not crunched and all cranked up like today.

It is refreshing.

I did, Oberon13. I luff Carl Hester!!

... _. ._ .._. .._

Then guys can also swoon over Carl kissing a puppy!

PUPPY!

(Didn't need rose-colored glasses for that. Who the flip cares about a rider's sexual orientation. Geez, Louise.)
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon13 View Post
    Then guys can also swoon over Carl kissing a puppy!
    Thanks, I needed a good chuckle!

And, yeah, I did.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Hey yeah too bad for us gals but one can always dream, right?? What a classy guy and very warm.

Oh and what a lovely pair Charlotte and V. Congrats to the entire Hester team and yes we can stop the snarking from this thread now cuz it takes away from the euphoric feeling I feel whenever I watch excellence at work!!! Go hop over to the RK thread for that

I like the (I always see Gp riders doing this or that)

Where?

On youtube? In bits on this forum?

When is the last time you have stood next to a Gp horse? Or watched one train besides at a show?

Have you ever been to a barn (boarded or trained at) with more than one GP horse?

Be honest now
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

I don't want to sleep with Carl (I *am* married after all) I want to be his working student and BFF. In the evening after the chores are over, we'll all sit around drinking wine (or spritzers in his case) and share a lot of laughs as our dogs play at our feet. It will be wonderful. LOL, that's *my* daydream.