The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Question on Harrisburg Entry

Hi COTHer's,

I am sending in a PA National entry for my A/O hunter for the first time this year. We did not show in the winter so it will be a long shot to get in, but still worth a try. Anyway, the qualifying period runs through any show starting on or before Aug. 19, 2012 and we are going to a horse show next week so it will count towards points for this year. My question is this, is it better to get my entry there as early as possible (ie send it in today) and then send in my updated points after the horse show or does it not matter how early I get the entry in (as long as it's postmarked by the closing date which is Aug 22) meaning I should just wait and send the entry after this last show?

Thanks in advance. I've heard differing opinions from my trainer and some others so I figured I'd ask you guys. I also sent an email to Ryegate.

From ryegates site: All “A” Rated Hunter, Open Jumpers and Amateur Jumpers - for PNHS must be postmarked by August 22, 2012. Does matter if you send them today or august 22 just have your envelope postmarked for that Aug 22.
    I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!