The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Make it easy for me......when does Rafalca (Romney's horse) go?

I'm leaving for a horse show in the morning and it'll be a full weekend with three horses to ride and take care of. However, I really want to see Rafalca and Jan Ebling......Can anyone give me a cue of when they may be riding? I'm taking my laptop to the hotel!
    I watched the Eventing portion of NBC live feed and loved it!
    I wasn't expecting any dressge until tomorrow, 8/2, but saw tonight that the Brittish are in the lead and Rafalca is in 13th place...........
    I, for one, am thrilled the Romney's are supporting our Equestrian Team and the US Olympic team.........and hope to cheer them on to victory ........
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

Who cares? She has now become the Democrats' joke. Some TV reporter said she is necessary to Anne Romney's well-being. What a joke. I don't know of a single therapeutic riding center that uses Grand Prix horses as therapy animals. I don't know of a single one that spends $77,000 a year on any of their horses.

I wonder if Romney will bring Rafalca home in a crate tied to the top of the jet, the way I read that he travels with his dog--the dog in a crate tied to the top of his car.

If you want to cheer for someone who actually had to WORK to get to the Olympics Cheer for all the people who benefiit from therapeutic riding on non-Grand Prix horses. Cheer for all the people who donate their non-Grand Prix horses to therapeutic riding centers. Cheer for all the people at your show who have just one horse and hope that one doesn't go lame the morning of the show. Get real.
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

In what world are you living in? Actual horse and dressage people are watching the competition and commenting knowledgeably, and glad for all of the attention and ridiculousness because people know the word dressage now.

By the way, Rafalca is 13th day one with a lot of GOOD horses to come tomorrow. Not likely she'll move on, and victory was gone as soon as the ride was done. It was generally a solid ride, though.

Wow, that's harsh, and I'm a huge Obama fan...as a matter of fact, the Para Olympics Equestrian events are ALL dressage and not just in the basics, either. However, no one has claimed that Rafalca is AR's therapy horse, but it was through hippotherapy that she became interested in becomming a patron of the sport. None of our riders would be in London without such patrons, except mabye Reed Kessler, (and she has her parents to answer to).

Rafalca went on the morning of the 2nd. Assuming the US is in the top 7 teams, Rafalca will go again on Tuesday. Times have not been announced yet.

Default Hatred

Can't we all just get along... I love Rafalca... And I am happy for the extra spotlight to our sport...
    Lori
    Fly Teddy Fly!
    Connemara's Rock!
    RIP Reilly Go Bragh

Quote Originally Posted by Wellspotted View Post
    If you want to cheer for someone who actually had to WORK to get to the Olympics
    Good grief. Like Jan E and Rafalca didn't "work" just because the mare is owned and supported by some rich people? Same as most of the other combinations in the olympics? There's something wrong with people wanting to see how the horse does?

I'm not hugely into dressage, and I'm not a Romney fan. But the interest and coverage they've brought to the sport makes me want to see her, too. So shoot me. sheesh!

(and since when does having interest in rafalca mean people aren't cheering for people "who deserve it" or do therapeutic riding? I am so confused!)
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellspotted View Post
    Who cares? She has now become the Democrats' joke. Some TV reporter said she is necessary to Anne Romney's well-being. What a joke. I don't know of a single therapeutic riding center that uses Grand Prix horses as therapy animals. I don't know of a single one that spends $77,000 a year on any of their horses.

I wonder if Romney will bring Rafalca home in a crate tied to the top of the jet, the way I read that he travels with his dog--the dog in a crate tied to the top of his car.

If you want to cheer for someone who actually had to WORK to get to the Olympics Cheer for all the people who benefiit from therapeutic riding on non-Grand Prix horses. Cheer for all the people who donate their non-Grand Prix horses to therapeutic riding centers. Cheer for all the people at your show who have just one horse and hope that one doesn't go lame the morning of the show. Get real.
    Nasty piece of work ?
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

I personally like Rafalca and thought the test was pretty nice. I'll be excited to see her go again.

And for those of who enjoy a good joke, check out her twitter account!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

How about we all band together and persuade the media to find another anachronistic Olympic sport to pick on? I suggest fencing.

Quote Originally Posted by dghunter View Post
    And for those of who enjoy a good joke, check out her twitter account!
    Link, please?

I'm not into Twitter at all, but I'll make an exception in her case. Does anyone know who is "helping" the horse with her tweets? Only because she lacks opposable thumbs, of course.

No wonder I hear "horse people are crazy" so often... I definately know where to talk politics and it certainly isnt at the barn on or coth.

Yeesh
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Link, please?

I'm not into Twitter at all, but I'll make an exception in her case. Does anyone know who is "helping" the horse with her tweets? Only because she lacks opposable thumbs, of course.
    @RafalcaRomney
    https://twitter.com/rafalcaromney

It's definitely not coming from them and isn't G-rated. but it's hilarious.

As an aside, does anyone know what Ann Romney's personal riding horse(s) are like? Curious about that, too.

Wellspotted, just because YOU don't care doesn't mean other people don't. And you better spew all that toward all the left leaning people who support Olympic and upper-level horses too. Or do they get a free pass because they fall on your side of the fence? BTW I am moderate so don't go screaming about that either. Thankfully there are people with money who support riders on our teams so they can go to the Olympics no matter their political leaning. I find it funny how some people are getting all up in arms about them PART owning a horse that is in the olympics just because they are Republican. What about all the Democrats who support Olympic horses? Huh? Oh, that's right. It's not elitist unless you lean to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie A View Post
    Thanks!!

Goodness this is so stupid! You people on both sides of the aisle that are making so much of this need to get a life. I am a Democrat...I like President Obama...I also like Refalca and am cheering her on and wish the Romneys the best with her.

I'm just happy that dressage is getting some attention.

Also happy that Jan made it this far. I've seen him compete so many times at Gladstone on his lovely mares doing nice tests (maybe not as extravagantly as some stallions) and always just missing the top few places. He seems to be taking all the attention in stride too.

Is anyone else having trouble seeing Rafalca's page on Twitter?

When I click on the link above, it looks like it wants to load, then I get a message saying the page does not exist. Any ideas? I'm trying to see it on my phone. Could that be the problem?

Yes, the stallion extravagance is a real plus, but that mare put in a solid and Happy Horse test. Kudos to Jan Ebling. Thanks for the link.
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com