The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Polish Driving Ponies

After working for three years to develop a pair of Polish Driving Ponies, I was finally forced to admit that the two ponies, Maggie and Maya, had matured in different directions and were not going to come together as a competitive pair with which to move up to Intermediate. Fortunately the perfect home materialized for Maya and an adequate substitute for her was found. However, not the PERFECT pair to move forward with.

Hubby had bought me two young full sisters for Christmas. They have now been broken to drive and as luck would have it, they have each bonded with one of my current pair. The youngsters are now driving singly and next week they will come home. That's when the fun begins! Maggie and Lola, and Micah and Layla will begin working as a pair. Hopefully I'll bring them out at Training Level this fall and move on from there. TWO pair of Polish Driving Ponies! VERY exciting stuff!!!! (But NO, I am NOT going to do 4. Not that much of a glutton for punishment <BG>)
    Pat Belskie - ASHEMONT Farm

http://www.ashemont.com
    Ashemont2@gmail.com

Well doing Pairs means they are ALWAYS a "project in progress". You keep tweaking and adjusting, going for improvements. Hoping the new kids continue to meet expectations as they develop.