The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Since I'm hoping to do both QH shows and h/j shows, I tried to come up with a name that would fit in both ponds. So I named my Huntin for Chocolate filly "Betterthanchocolate" because to me, she is WAY better than chocolate! :-)
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

SORRY!!! I have been moving....I had to slip out the back jack....

Quote Originally Posted by Wellspotted View Post

So, technically, Lightning Bar was what would now be called an Appendix?
    Yes.....and hubba hubba what a beautiful piece of horse flesh he was....

Janus and Little Janus were TB, I am not as familiar with them as far as how they fit into QH history. If you really want to learn QH history, and it is very interesting. You should get a hold of Frank holmes books, he is a QH, Paint horse, Appaloosa historian and I love his books....

I met Frank on Allbreedpedigree forum and even have been able to get a couple signed copies of his books. I got a signed and #'d hardback copy of the Weiscamp story (breeder of Skipper W line) when he was cleaning out his office.

For some reason I can't get to his website right now to post the link here, but just google Frank Holmes and his publisher is LOFT...
    APHA I CD SPOT
    APHA BDB FASHION DESIGN
    http://www.facebook.com/alicia.cuver...icia.cuvertino

Quote Originally Posted by RRD View Post
    SORRY!!! I have been moving....I had to slip out the back jack....

Yes.....and hubba hubba what a beautiful piece of horse flesh he was....

Janus and Little Janus were TB, I am not as familiar with them as far as how they fit into QH history. If you really want to learn QH history, and it is very interesting. You should get a hold of Frank holmes books, he is a QH, Paint horse, Appaloosa historian and I love his books....

I met Frank on Allbreedpedigree forum and even have been able to get a couple signed copies of his books. I got a signed and #'d hardback copy of the Weiscamp story (breeder of Skipper W line) when he was cleaning out his office.

For some reason I can't get to his website right now to post the link here, but just google Frank Holmes and his publisher is LOFT...
    Allbreedpedigree forum has a forum?!?!?! I have looked up pedigrees there for years! Love that site! Never knew there was a forum. (See the dust fly as Wellspotted takes off for allbreedpedigree's site.)
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Wellspotted View Post
    Allbreedpedigree forum has a forum?!?!?! I have looked up pedigrees there for years! Love that site! Never knew there was a forum. (See the dust fly as Wellspotted takes off for allbreedpedigree's site.)
    ..There is not very much action there, absolutely no chit chat, but most of the people that are on it are very knowledgeable. Frank is whnywriter but he has not been on hardly at all lately, mostly because he is trying to finish up his long awaited LEO book and he has another book he is working on. However if you have questions about horses, especially ones that his father in law Junior Robertson bred, he will usually answer. Ryan is a great one to answer pedigree look up questions, if he's on.
    APHA I CD SPOT
    APHA BDB FASHION DESIGN

A friend of mine had a buckskin that we wanted to name Buck Naked, so that at shows she would be announced as So and So riding Buck Naked!

Quote Originally Posted by VTMorgan06 View Post
    A friend of mine had a buckskin that we wanted to name Buck Naked, so that at shows she would be announced as So and So riding Buck Naked!
    I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    APHA I CD SPOT
    APHA BDB FASHION DESIGN