The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wellington pulls out of bid for WEG 2018

Story at http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=16647

A study by Deloitte, commissioned by the FEI, found that the WEG in Aachen, Germany in 2006 had an economic impact of $291 million, $41 million more than Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010. The economic impact of the 2010 Kentucky WEG was put at $233 million.

That's a shame. We should all throw our support to Roger Deslauriers and his efforts to bring the Games to Bromont, which might be a better climate for the horses and already boasts a mean cross country course. Plus actual grass of the type horses like to eat. Breakfast on the mountainside and dinner at the Chateau Frontenac sounds pretty good too. Good footing. 45 minutes to Montreal. A lot to like about that.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmeg View Post
    That's a shame. We should all throw our support to Roger Deslauriers and his efforts to bring the Games to Bromont, which might be a better climate for the horses and already boasts a mean cross country course. Plus actual grass of the type horses like to eat. Breakfast on the mountainside and dinner at the Chateau Frontenac sounds pretty good too. Good footing. 45 minutes to Montreal. A lot to like about that.
    I think nutmeg is exactly right.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

I was really hoping it would be in the USA again. I loved going to kentucky to watch in 2010. It was a lot of fun and the vendors were awesome.

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

I like the Idea of Montreal, it's a short plane ride, nice climate, beautiful city.. I had a great time in KY and I'm sure I'd have a great time in Canada . Hope they get the games.