The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Good morning all. Just a quick note that donations are still desperately needed if you have anything to spare. I have recieved some lovely items from generous COTHers and want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart! Every bit makes a difference! Just a month left, praying for a successful event and everyone having a fabulous time! I will share pictures post event

Thank you all!
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

I am sorry the last box will be late. I have been busy cleaning up and all the things that go with a hurricane.

THere will be one more box. OK, maybe TWO. But one at least.

I hope some other folks have gotten some things to you as well. It sure does reflect the economy, huh?

Looking forward to pics etc!
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ? Albert Einstein

Thanks, horsefaerie. EQ asked me to monitor the thread this week as she is out of town. Thank you so much! I did try to send a pm to you last week, but your box seems full.

I hope all is well with you after the storms. And it has been a tough year for donations. Don't know where we'd be without you. And yes, we'll be sure to take pics!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I have some things (and some are brand new with tags), items owned by a friend of mine who passed away in December from cancer. I'm selling them for the family but some items haven't sold yet and I'm happy to send them. But I'm in Ontario so they may not get there in time. Would you be able to use them next year if they don't arrive?
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Default donations

Absolutely I can always use items. It has happened in the past where items don't arrive on time and that just gets me one step ahead for the next year. Thank you so much for the generous offer!

I'll get some stuff in the mail this week. Glad to help.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Are you in Watertown outside of Lebanon? If so, I'm a professional photographer, and I'd be happy to donate my time and services. I'll also start going through my stuff! I'm in Nashville, although I may need to update my profile to reflect that...

Good afternoon DillansMom. I am in Watertown, just outside of Lebanon! And do work in Nashville. Thank you so much for your incredible offer! I know personally I would love a professional photographer session, so am sure it will be a huge hit!
    I must say, I am BLOWN AWAY by the Coth community. What a group of absolutely incredible people.

Hopefully I will get your box out tomorrow. Ya never know there might be ONE more if we are lucky!
    ? Albert Einstein

Just wanted to let you know I sent a box out today by USPS. Hopefully you will receive it by next Thursday. I hope it's not too late!

Default donations

I can't tell you how much you all mean to me, what an incredible community of people. It's never too late to send a package, thank you!
    Though my niece, Savannah, lost her battle, thanks to you all other children will win thier struggle. I would like to share this link with you all to show why this event is so close to my heart. I hope it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KyGR50BNmI
    We miss you Savannah!
    Bless you all!

Wow! What a beautiful girl! Her smile says it all. I am in tears.
    ? Albert Einstein

What a beautiful video. Savannah looked like a very special person.

I too am in tears.

Thank you for sharing.

Just found this thread, but I will send out a box on Monday of assorted things...I just have too much of everything and hopefully they will help, either this year or next!

Thank you all GoForAGallop, it is so greatly appreciated. And thank you all for the kind thoughts.

I almost never look in this forum so just saw this thread. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl! The video really captures how special and loving and happy she was. I'm another one in tears. It's not fair that she's gone! There's no way I can get anything to you in time - I won't even be near a post office this week - but I'll send you something for next year.

Default donations

Thank you for the kind words, Savannah truly was a special person who is greatly missed. Please do keep us in mind for next year as we continue our fight against childhood cancer. Thanks again

Good Lord willing the last box goes out today. All of the info comes with it and I will keep a copy. WOW! A lot of stuff!

Fo Savannah!
    ? Albert Einstein

Checked the tack room and found an Antares girth I will send (I don't use it anymore) and a dressage girth and a breastplate/martingalge.

I will try to get these as priority mail so you get them on time.

Beautiful girl, beautiful life, and beautiful memories -
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

Horsefaerie you are my hero! Reefy, thank you so much for the donation! If donations do not make it on time it just means I will have a head start for next year!
    Again, I want to thank you all for taking the time to read my post, watching Savannah's video and sharing our memories of her while helping us in this fight for childhood cancer. No child should suffer through cancer, no family should lose a child. The devastation that it brings upon a family cannot be expressed. I know we are making a difference, not just for children but for the families who cherish them.
    God bless!