The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for a ride - Lovettsville, VA to Buffalo, NY

Can anyone recommend some carriers that would do this route?

Have one mare to move the middle of July. I'll meet the hauler in Buffalo and cross the border myself with her

Many thanks for any suggestions for good, reputable companies doing this route

When do you need her to go?

I live in Buffalo and there is a trainer I would love to ride with for a couple lessons about an hour away from you. I could take my horse down and bring both back to Buffalo on the way up.

My insurance policy that is in the process of being bound has care custody and control insurance for trailering, so it is legitimately insured, etc.

She is weaning her foal around the 8th/9th of July, and then I want her to hang out for a bit to dry up and move around and ensure there are no complications from the weaning, so roughly the middle of July?

Does that work for you?

That would be WONDERFUL if it does! I am trying to get her home in a decent time frame so I can also look at breeding her before the season shuts down as well

If that is workable, my email is sales@truecoloursfarm.com

Thanks so much!

You may luck out with someone coming from Colonial Downs (30 min away) to FE or Woodbine. I know the stall man there if you want me to ask. I do know one friend who brings horses up from there, trying to remember if it was as early as mid July they usually come though.

jengersnap - thanks - I'd love it! I'd appreciate using someone I "know" versus just a random operation that has room and is coming this way. And then no problem getting her from FE or Woodbine or meeting them someplace in between as well

Inquiry sent

Quote Originally Posted by jengersnap View Post
    You may luck out with someone coming from Colonial Downs (30 min away) to FE or Woodbine. I know the stall man there if you want me to ask. I do know one friend who brings horses up from there, trying to remember if it was as early as mid July they usually come though.
    I think you mean Charles Town in West Virginia. Colonial Downs is much farther from Lovettsville than 30 minutes.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." -Henry Ford

Hmmm, thanks Tiramit. The first address I found for Colonial was different and closer...don't know why that was. Could still be on the way if they take 81 up like usual.

Any other suggestions of any good and reputable commercial haulers that would do this route?

Thanks!

I can do it if you can wait 'til 9/1
    * www.huntersrest.net -- Virginia hunt country's best Bed-and-Breakfast-and-Barn.

Hunters Rest - unfortunately I cant. I want to have 1 or possibly 2 chances at getting her bred before we call it quits on this year so the sooner the better for me

I did find a carrier that is picking her up for me on the 13th. The rig looks fabulous and in terrific shape, the price was fair, and they have followed up and answered every question that I had for them in a timely manner. And best of sll - she will be picked up early in the morning on the 13th and I will get her in Buffalo late afternoon / early evening the same day, so other than a short diversion in PA to get another horse on the load, its pretty well a straight drive through for her

Have nothing but the nicest of things to say about them so far - will also update once I have picked up my mare

They are:

Melony
    Quality Equine Transport
    info@qualityequinetransport.com
    919 632 8004

Based out of NC, they come up and down the east US coast and as far west as TX and OK as well. They will also haul into Canada if all of the horses on board have the proper paperwork to do so

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!