The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Let's start with some randomness. One of my new year's resolutions is to keep my car clean enough so that I won't always have to say "Oh, you drive, I have an arena worth of dirt in my car."

We used to have 30 stables in Orange County, California.

Willem REALLY DOES think he is a rock star.

Those Equitation Suits in the old days were really scary, especially when they were screaming teal with matching scalloped chaps.

I always liked men with guitars.

It's a good thing I live far from so many of my dear BBers or we'd wind up in jail. A lot.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Let's start with some randomness. One of my new year's resolutions is to keep my car clean enough so that I won't always have to say "Oh, you drive, I have an arena worth of dirt in my car."

We used to have 30 stables in Orange County, California.

Willem REALLY DOES think he is a rock star.

Those Equitation Suits in the old days were really scary, especially when they were screaming teal with matching scalloped chaps.

I always liked men with guitars.

It's a good thing I live far from so many of my dear BBers or we'd wind up in jail. A lot.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Original Poster

I have danced on the bar. If I was with Robby and Heidi, we would dance on the bar together.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Original Poster

Because we've all heard about the strip / kiddie pool escapade, Moesha!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Think of the money that could be raised!

Imagine, body paint to replicate those hideous equitation outfits. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Curb chains hanging from the ears and wrists.

What would the music be like?

Friendship is Love without his wings
    -Lord Byron
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I know the music, I've seen the dancing.

Think HN73 and Moesha......Tracks in DC......circa 1991-2.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

~~~~Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check?~~~~
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>One of my new year's resolutions is to keep my car clean enough so that I won't always have to say "Oh, you drive, I have an arena worth of dirt in my car."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What are Willem's new year's resolutions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And let's share some OT stuff about ourselves as well<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay...here's something about me. I am pretty quiet and reserved. And physically small. Most people think I am on the conservative side, so they are suprised to find out that I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon (I have yet to carry one) and I am a dead-eye with my .38 revolver. Oh, and I also love South Park! Terrance and Phillip are the best!!!

The stable where I learned to ride got torn down and is now a retirement home and assisted-living facility. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

"The Cars" were a pretty cool rock band.

I have a bit of an obsession with Audrey Hepburn and Bette Davis and Jimmy Stewart and James Dean.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!"

[This message was edited by drifting cloud on Dec. 30, 2002 at 01:41 PM.]
    \"So shines a good deed in a weary world\" - Willy Wonka

I've danced on subways

Linny always wanted to be a rock star but he's just not as cool as Willem

{I must not tell Linny what I just wrote}

My car is messier than Coreene's

My house is messier than my car

For the truth that binds us all together
    I would like to say a simple prayer
    That at this special time you will have true peace of mind
    And loff to last throughout the coming year ~The Christmas Wish
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

I have danced on a bus--fully clothed, though.

My new year's resolution is to totally eliminate sugar, alcohol, and caffeine from my diet for one year. That should prevent any future bus-dancing escapades. But then again, what can I blame a temporary lapse of judgement on?

Last new year's, I got drunk and had a fistfight with my ex-roommate. Too bad we both were too drunk to feel anything until the next day! *ooooh, ouch!*
    ~This is *way* more fun than doing something productive~

I once won the "Mysterious Award " at the NEDA summer show for having the more stuff in my vehicle than anyone else.

Unashamed member of the Arab clique...just settin' on the Group W bench.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Dancing? Sigh.

Hans is a fabulous dancer and despite our height difference of practically a foot, we've finally figured out how to dance together - rather bawdily to boot. We've even been known to bring a Nine Inch Nails CD to weddings and bump and grind to the song "Deeper" as a PSA for the newlyweds embarking on their honeymoon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Years ago, I was involved in a project with a really old, really short producer of Broadway shows, feature films; married most notably to Claire Bloom. Somehow, we ended up in a tiki lounge in Vancouver with a live band. Hillie would not take NO! as an answer to his invitation to dance. He held me really tightly, lead me by his hand on my back - and despite his advanced years, certain appendages do quite resemble the Energizer bunny...they just keep on ticking. Later read in Claire Bloom's autobiography, the description of her ex as a sexual sadist. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And then there was a certain Southern gent with whom I tripped the light fantastic in the summer...

Coreene, I cannot imagine the trouble we'd get into together... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Think you should plan on a visit in the summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swingdance.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	6145  

I have not danced on a bar. But I have impersonated Cornholio (from Beavis and Butthead) while sitting with drunken barn friends on a trampoline. This was after much consumption of peach schnapps mixed with champagne.

visit www.victorianfarms.com

Original Poster

To lose the 50 lbs. And another is to make sure my place is presentable enough so that someone could drop by whenever and I would not faint.

I was going to add "And keep up with filing at the office," but now I have discovered that I can get the intern to file for me.

USELESS BREED TRIVIA: there are lots of Arabian people and trainers in Whittier, California. When we had an earthquake in 1988, it was the Whittier Narrows Earthquake and there was an aerial shot of the dust coming up high into the air from the fault line.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Original Poster

How many of you have flashed? After I got my breast reduction, I was at the barn and a friend said "What do they look like?" so I whupped up my shirt and brassiere and showed 'em. A lot.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    I have danced on the bar. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and I have danced on the bar at the original "Coyote Ugly" bar in New York City--with the bartender whose name was Enya?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] That was most definitely BEFORE the movie came out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

other useless facts.....
    I used to show saddleseat equitation when I was younger and those suits are the most horrible excuse for fashion I can ever remember!

Much to the chagrin of other riders and trainers (except for my own who has good taste like me!) I like to warm up my HUNTER at shows in animal print or other flashy colored saddle pads & wraps instead of your basic white fleece [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "There is just as much horse sense as ever, but the horses have most of it"

SoCal: land of traffic, traffic, and more traffic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How many of you have flashed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I haven't flashed, but I had some friends in college who LOVED to flash me. I'd hear a knock at my door, would open it, and three pairs of breasts would be staring me in the face....

What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what its all about?
    What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what its all about?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    I have danced on the bar. If I was with Robby and Heidi, we would dance on the bar together.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that be a bar or a pole?!?

Come and visit the horses at: http://www.crosscreek.tk

Flashing? Uh, yeah, okay, guilty of that too. Have also been known to engage in strip poker and pool. There was also a hot tub incident many years ago in Cannes which I'll probably never live down.

Anyone ever set someone on fire?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
    Anyone ever set someone on fire?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes. Roasting marshmellows. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Never danced on a bar (that I can remember). I do remember (slightly) riding through the high country of the Rockies after dropping a hit of ....

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I haven't danced on a bar (that I can recall), but I've danced IN plenty of them.

Gay clubs are the best places to dance -- Plenty of men who love to dance and don't bitch about it, great music, and you don't have to worry about getting hit on (too much).

When I was a theater major, we would have parties where there would be 50 of us singing the scores of "Rocky Horror" and "Hair." Yep, we were theater geeks, but we had a hell of a lot of fun.

I've only been really drunk once, and that was 25 years ago.

I have a theory that country clubs are rifts in the space/time continuum that suck the life out of all those who enter. Every time I am forced to stand around in the ballroom of the River Oaks Country Club, eating finger food and sipping white wine while chatting politely with my colleagues and clients, I leave the building at least five years older than I was when I went in.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry