The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hi guys I wanted to keep you all in the loop. Aiden is not doing so well. He is in serious liver falure. He has delevoped fluid in his tummy, and his liver and spleen are so big that he is having a hard time eating and sometimes breathing. They have him on new meds for that. He is going to be evaluted at Shands asap for transplant. We were hoping that we could wait for a while, but unfortunatly we can't. I have a web page for him. If you want to keep updated about his condition, please go there. I also have some pictures there. Keep praying for him. He is still smiling and laughing through it all. I can see he is failing though. You can see it in his eyes. It just breaks my heart. Anyway, just wanted to update you. I will let you know what happens next.

www.hometown.aol.com/rolexh/Aidenshope.html

Tuesday: ultrasound on abdomen
    Soon we will e listed and we will let you know where he is on the list. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

~~Lisa~~
    Don't take your organs to Heaven; Heaven knows we need them here

Hi guys I wanted to keep you all in the loop. Aiden is not doing so well. He is in serious liver falure. He has delevoped fluid in his tummy, and his liver and spleen are so big that he is having a hard time eating and sometimes breathing. They have him on new meds for that. He is going to be evaluted at Shands asap for transplant. We were hoping that we could wait for a while, but unfortunatly we can't. I have a web page for him. If you want to keep updated about his condition, please go there. I also have some pictures there. Keep praying for him. He is still smiling and laughing through it all. I can see he is failing though. You can see it in his eyes. It just breaks my heart. Anyway, just wanted to update you. I will let you know what happens next.

www.hometown.aol.com/rolexh/Aidenshope.html

Tuesday: ultrasound on abdomen
    Soon we will e listed and we will let you know where he is on the list. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

~~Lisa~~
    Don't take your organs to Heaven; Heaven knows we need them here

Rolex {{{{big hugs}}}} and prays for your baby boy!!!!!!
    I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!

I was just thinking of you today and praying that the reason we hadn't heard from you was that you were doing the transplant and were away from a computer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I don't have the words to comfort you, but I know in my heart what happens to us, all of us, happens for a reason. What that reason is we may not know for years or we may never know at all. But every living being impacts every other one often in ways too small to see. Just look how your tiny son has affected this bulletin board. Each of us feels your pain and sends our positive energy to Aiden. What happens, will happen, and if it is written that Aiden travels between the stars before you and your husband, and all who know him are ready to let him go, he will still be in a beautiful place, painfree, and still loved. And never forgotten.

Sending you strength and courage and love.

Wendy
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

::Big Hugs for Rolex and Aiden:: I will be praying for you!!!

--Katie--

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~*~Proud member of the College Clique!~
    \"Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday\"

Thanks guys. Krswyn, I am a big believer in that everything happen for a reason. I just know tat I was given Aiden because he has taught me to love everyday. I am LUCKY to have this baby in my life. I just KNOW he will be okay. He is going to shock everyone. Anyway thank you for the sweet words. I really do appreciate it. It helps lift me when I am down.

~~Lisa~~
    Save a life, be an organ donor

RolexH I have read your previous posts about Aiden and am so sorry to hear about his current condition!! Lots of hugs to you and your family. I hope everything goes ok with the transplant, keep us updated.

~*Steff-O-Knee*~
    Steph

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Sending good vibes your way. And just checked to make sure that the donor sticker is still attached to my driver's license.
    The Evil Chem Prof

I've sent out Aiden's link to my family and friends so they can keep Aiden and his family in their thoughts and prayers.

"Because she's got a tattoo, Hank. I think she could use a home-cooked meal."

Oh I am so sorry! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I am hoping the best for you and your family!

"Stupid tree, BE MORE FUNNY!" - Homer
    Nothing worth having comes easily.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth

for your family. I just visited your website. What a tough little guy he is!! Sending all my love. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jo-- thanks for emailing it to your family and friends. I really appreciate it. It is a great way to help spread the word about this awful disease, and the gift of organ donation.

Thanks everyone for the lovely replies!!

~~Lisa~~
    Save a life, be an organ donor

I can't even comprehend going through what you are. Your outlook on the situation is incredibly strong. I am in awe of you. I wish you, Aiden, and your family the best of luck. You are in my thoughts.

Oh Rolex, I am so sorry. I will be keeping Aiden and you in my prayers.

~Erin B #1
    One night as I lay awake looking up at the stars, I thought, "Where the heck is my ceiling?".

I pray for him and hope that he gets better soon! I too believe that we are given certain challenges for reasons, we aren't given anything we can't handle. Give him a hug and a kiss and make sure that he knows that he is THE cutest baby EVER!! He is lucky to have such loving parents, God knows that many children aren't so lucky! Hope everything works out for the best(I know it will [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ). I will pray though, it can't hurt!

*Wonder*

"What made her great destroyed her"
    -Member of the Thoroughbred Clique-
    *Wonder*

\"What made her great destroyed her\"

RolexH - my sincere thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Miracles happen, just believe!!!
    Secretplace Farm - Raising fine paint hunters since 1987
    www.spfarm.com

Rolex, I am sending Aiden, you, and your husband my most positive thoughts and praying very, very hard. I hope you can draw some strength from all of us here.

Adding my prayers and positive thoughts to you, Aiden, and all the rest of your family.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

My prayers are with you, your family, Aiden, his doctors, and anyone who can help you.

Keep the faith.

Kryswyn is right, we are all thinking of you guys and sending positive thoughts your way. Aiden looks like a tough little guy who can pull through this!

(Not to mention EXTREMELY cute... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )