The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

So, I've been an exec assistant for 10 years now. In the DC biz community, I am known as the Killer Assistant because I do a great job (according to them). I never make any major mistakes...am always on the ball.

Well, amazingly, I was supposed to send my boss to a conference in LA. But because there were a bunch of other conferences with the same company name organizing them, I got them confused. One was canceled and I accidentally took the wrong one off of his calendar, the one where he was supposed to speak in LA yesterday.

I would have put him on that flight out of Dulles to LA. In 10 years, I have never, ever made that kind of a mistake. It was a lucky fluke.

He has a wife and two kids with a third new baby.

Eerie.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

So, I've been an exec assistant for 10 years now. In the DC biz community, I am known as the Killer Assistant because I do a great job (according to them). I never make any major mistakes...am always on the ball.

Well, amazingly, I was supposed to send my boss to a conference in LA. But because there were a bunch of other conferences with the same company name organizing them, I got them confused. One was canceled and I accidentally took the wrong one off of his calendar, the one where he was supposed to speak in LA yesterday.

I would have put him on that flight out of Dulles to LA. In 10 years, I have never, ever made that kind of a mistake. It was a lucky fluke.

He has a wife and two kids with a third new baby.

Eerie.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

OMG, Anyplace!!! That is definitely weird beyond words. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Ah, the Hand of Fate working through you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America"

Add that one to your resume! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Thank God! I always believe things like this happen for a reason....What a story..thanks for sharing it with us.

Betsy
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Bumping along life\'s highway, oops, detour, welcome to Yuma, AZ.

Who can contest all things happen for some reason? Some are harder to understand than others, but this kind of "miracle" renews my faith.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    \"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!\"

I believe some things happen for a reason too. I always like to think my mommy has a hand in some of the things that turn out good for me...she's no longer with us but I always say to people, "Oh, it'll all work out..I know someone on God's staff up there."

Wow!

Stories like this remind me that somewhere there is someone watching over us.

My friends dad was had a meeting in one of the twin towers yesterday morning. He got out of his cab, looked up and saw the first plane hit....he was 15 minutes late for his meeting. He was supposed to be inside already.

What did your boss have to say?

WOW!!! Guardian Angels are everywhere!!! I am convinced of that! My brother in law a pilot for American was scheduled to fly from Boston yesterday morning but the storms from the other night had him stuck in Texas. He might have been the pilot on one of those flights.

My friend from work's husband works on the 100th floor in the WTC and he had called in sick to work that morning.!

YOUR BOSS NEEDS TO GIVE YOU A RAISE OR A NICE HEFTY BONUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    **BARB***

You need a big fat raise, a hug and a day off for your Guardian Angel skills!

Ride it Like You Stole It...
    The witchy witch witch of south central NC.

You had a guided hand that day.

Goosebumps....

SLW

How eerie. A friend's of ours neighbor's son was supposed to be on the flight out of Boston that hit one of the towers. But his secretary accidently didn't book the flight, so the airport put him on a Delta flight instead. They were grounded in Chicago, where a bomb was discovered on the plane. How creepy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

"Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."

My Uncle and my Dad were supposed to be on that flight....

Things happened that made them not get on ...I have never been very religious but something was working its power.

**Mary**

**Feel the rhythem, feel the ride, get on up its horseshow time!!!**
    **Mary**

Wow-Kudos to you!

"Whoever said the Perfection isn't attainable, Hasn't met a horse."
    I must say, I\'ve met some horses whose feet smell far worse than my husband\'s.

Goshen, New York (cutest little hossie town in NY)

like you are still the perfect assistant!!!!!
    Guardian angels were watching over you on that one.

Years ago when I was in grade school I had a teacher who's parents were vacationing in Europe. They over slept & missed their train, it ended up being a huge accident that was all over the news. The next week they were bumped off their flight home, it ended up being the hijacked flight that crashed in Europe can't remember the exact place. I am a try beliver in that when it's your time it's your time & if not fate sees to it that you stay safe.