The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 101 of 315 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 6295

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    i just don't understand why some of you folks can't just let this Thread be about what it was placed on this forum for.to let other horse owners those that ride a different breed that did not know about SORING.THEY KNOW NOW,they can help by writing to a JUDGE. by thanking those who have been in this battle for yrs.

a story for ya i know a lady she was asked to help at an equine affair to promote the Sound TWH,she said sure i want to help to STOP SORING when she got to the AFFAIR,they told her she had to have BODYGUARDS,could only go to the restroom if someone went with her.she put her self in danger to stand up and say SOUND not SORE.this has been yrs back.some of us tryed really really hard to STOP SORING and we are still in the battle.

PLEASE leave this Thread alone if you are not willing to accept what has been done to this point.take your personal dislikes away to another thread.

your venom has NO value here.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Why do you think? Only Bluey and i are concerned on this thread.... everyone else is happy with the HSUS.
    That is not true. What IS true is that everyone is happy that HSUS brought the video to the forefront on national television.

Big difference there.

Ditto
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

I am responding specifically to this post:

Absolutely agree! I refuse to be distracted from stopping soring by people whose motives are questionable.

I want to understand exactly whose motives are questionable.

From the trend in the thread, it sounded like s/he was questioning my motives, and Blueys.

So, clarify that point, if I'm confused, correct me:

Whose motives are questionable, in the context of this conversation?

thank you, very big difference.in 40+yrs nothing has helped as much as that video.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    I am responding specifically to this post:

Absolutely agree! I refuse to be distracted from stopping soring by people whose motives are questionable.

I want to understand exactly whose motives are questionable.

From the trend in the thread, it sounded like s/he was questioning my motives, and Blueys.

So, clarify that point, if I'm confused, correct me:

Whose motives are questionable, in the context of this conversation?
    I took that to mean that some don't want to have this thread sidetracked by posts about the HSUS agenda of ending all ownership and use of animals.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT MEANSthe subject is to help folks know about soring and that they can help STOP it. NO matter what type of horse you own or ride.

that makes my motives questionable?

perhaps it was just poorly worded- but to suggest I am trying to steer attention AWAY from the BL situation is dead wrong. I am just raising the concern about their demand to end riding 2YOs undersaddle at the TWHC will creep into a larger demand. To say that does not diminish my concern about how BL horses are treated. Apples, oranges, and surely we can talk about TWO things at the same time without being accused of nefarious intent.

What does riding two year olds have to do with soring?

That was slipped in by HSUS in their "suggestions" however do not believe those are just suggestions. They will already be part of their lobby.

I do not know of one person (on COTH) who is not against soring.

As you support HSUS they will become "enabled" to insert other conditions, not truly related, but making a bit of sense i.e. non use of two year olds.

BUT..they have nothing to do with soring

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    i just don't understand why some of you folks can't just let this Thread be about what it was placed on this forum for.to let other horse owners those that ride a different breed that did not know about SORING.THEY KNOW NOW,they can help by writing to a JUDGE. by thanking those who have been in this battle for yrs.

a story for ya i know a lady she was asked to help at an equine affair to promote the Sound TWH,she said sure i want to help to STOP SORING when she got to the AFFAIR,they told her she had to have BODYGUARDS,could only go to the restroom if someone went with her.she put her self in danger to stand up and say SOUND not SORE.this has been yrs back.some of us tryed really really hard to STOP SORING and we are still in the battle.

PLEASE leave this Thread alone if you are not willing to accept what has been done to this point.take your personal dislikes away to another thread.

your venom has NO value here.
    Your story has no value here

I have not been able to find ANY report registered with any police or sheriff division regarding intimidation. We have a researcher who is "in the know" in Tennessee and she can not locate ONE case with an investigated report.

If this lady did not report it, then she was enabling those bad characters.

The "story has a lot of value. The "story" is true and who said it took place in Tennessee ? A crime did not take place because precautions were suggested and implimented.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Lets see............

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    What does riding two year olds have to do with soring?

Read post #1998 to see how TWH perfomance horses are affected when shown as 2 yr olds.

That was slipped in by HSUS in their "suggestions" however do not believe those are just suggestions. They will already be part of their lobby.

Possibly, but that remains to be seen

I do not know of one person (on COTH) who is not against soring.

As you support HSUS Define Support they will become "enabled" to insert other conditions, not truly related, but making a bit of sense i.e. non use of two year olds.

Read #1998 again for comprehension

BUT..they They? the other conditions that do not exist ? have nothing to do with soring
    Young horses that may not even be 24 months old endure months of abusive prep work to be able to be shown as "2 yr olds". Why is it so hard to see that this is the epitome of poor horsemanship and extremely relevant to the issue of soring?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    Lets see............

Young horses that may not even be 24 months old endure months of abusive prep work to be able to be shown as "2 yr olds". Why is it so hard to see that this is the epitome of poor horsemanship and extremely relevant to the issue of soring?
    Seems to me that abuse in TWH happens all along, a bit simple to focus on two year olds as you seem to be.
    I think that was just one more place the HSUS was trying to stick that there and hope it passes unnoticed and represents a precedent to then apply to other situations.

So many seem to be so clueless to what the HSUS really is and how they operate.
    You really can't be paranoid enough if you care about humans and our animals and animal rights groups and their vegetarian agendas, when they are involved.

I know you don't want to hear this, but you are the one that keeps bringing the HSUS up as such a paragon of helpfulness here, so you will get comments about what else they are, if you like it or not.

You want to help horses and curb abuses without losing use, do it right, not following other's agendas that are further reaching into eliminating animal use.
    Don't see why you can't see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Seems to me that abuse in TWH happens all along, a bit simple to focus on two year olds as you seem to be.
    I think that was just one more place the HSUS was trying to stick that there and hope it passes unnoticed and represents a precedent to then apply to other situations.

You really can't be paranoid enough if you care about humans and our animals and animal rights groups and their vegetarian agendas, when they are involved.

I know you don't want to hear this, but you are the one that keeps bringing the HSUS up as such a paragon of helpfulness here, so you will get comments about what else they are, if you like it or not.

You want to help horses and curb abuses without losing use, do it right, not following other's agendas that are further reaching into eliminating animal use.
    Just b/c one happens to agree with a couple points made by HSUS and be grateful they exposed the video on soring, does not constitute following their agenda. Don't see why you can't see that?

I really wish you would quit talking down to me, Bluey. Its only in the last day or so i have mentioned the 2 yr old side of things in perfomance TWHs just because it was an added suggestion by you know who. As i said before WE GET IT about you know who. Really. Honest. Dayam.

Quote Originally Posted by walknsound View Post
    Just b/c one happens to agree with a couple points made by HSUS and be grateful they exposed the video on soring, does not constitute following their agenda. Don't see why you can't see that?
    Do I need to repeat that wholesale banning two year olds, as the HSUS seem to be presenting, is irrelevant to stopping TWH abuse?

Anyone involved with animals in a professional way is fighting the HSUS at every step of the way, on many fronts.
    I don't think you are aware of all that is going on and seem to be shortsightedly focusing on this one skirmish in a much, much larger battle the HSUS against so many wanting to keep our uses of animals are fighting in so many fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    I really wish you would quit talking down to me, Bluey. Its only in the last day or so i have mentioned the 2 yr old side of things in perfomance TWHs just because it was an added suggestion by you know who. As i said before WE GET IT about you know who. Really. Honest. Dayam.
    I don't know that I am talking up or down to you, don't know what you mean with that.
    I know that the HSUS video was critical in getting this abuse out in the open, but don't think many see what all the HSUS is doing when it pursues and presents and follows up with these situations.
    Those that don't, that ignore "the rest of the story", when the HSUS is involved, do so at their own risks.
    Thus the warnings when these topics come up.

It sure looked like you were telling me it was a bit simple to focus on 2 yr olds. Have I ? I guess you havent read many of my posts if you think my focus is on them. For the moment -yes - discussing the impact on 2 yr olds.

adding:
    I'm a retired govt employee with a healthy mistrust of bureaucracy. Do you think that i dont hate it that the TWH groups will not do what is right ? To the extent that the whole world is watching and the govt and you know who had to step in ? It is what it is and there may be repercussions that will have to be dealt with because a small group of BLers thumb their nose at the world.

So what kind of a GENTLE man (i use this term loosely)are you i did not memtion a STATE. so your TN snitch wasted her time.
    calling me a liar is low and underhanded,i have been in this battle for better than 20yrs in the SOUTH not in the frozen tundra.

and as far as Law enforcement is concerned you haven't seen BUBBA yet.you have NO freakin idea what happens in the SOUTH fool.people get fed to GATORS in the SOUTH.

I said it was not relevant. I have always been challenged by the COTH regulars to back up ANY statement or "story" I have printed on a thread. I have always tried to provide documentation rather than urban legends and when I have not been able to back up or have been proven wrong, the Coth'ers have quickly made their displeasure known.

I do not see that you should be exempt.

IF the story was true, she should have immediately gone to the police. I took for granted it was Tennessee as I was corrected in a previous post when a person told me I did not understand how powerful the Tennessee mafia type was IN TENNESSEE.

I see no one seemed to mind that HSUs SAT ON THE VIDEO for over 8 months while they shopped it around. Thin of how many horses were sored during that period of time. Diane Sawyer picked it up as she had several friends who are connected to Waynes (Pacelle's) wife who heads the Los Angeles "movie star" office insist she do something. I am happy she did expose this torment, however Bluey has it correct. This is an important issue but it is not the only issue and you see how quickly they stuck the 2 year old clause in. THIS IS WHAT THEY DO....There is never a bill they get through that doesn't have something put into it in the last minute.

Everyone will support you. I have written to your judge as you reqested and let him know BL is ILLEGAL in Canada. I have written to horse counsels asking for their membership support. I have written to the Shelby Rotary Club, the Chamber of Commerce and to the Masons asking all of them to interven.