The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 149 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 6274

Jeebus that article turned my stomach. And I agree 100% with aarpaso's comments above.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

3 members found this post helpful.

No one's free of sin, some just sin more than others, or in different ways.

And everyone has a past. Cordial is simply saying you should know who you are keeping company with, and that is all. Calling her names speaks volumes about you, and nothing about her. She just said you guys might check him out. Period.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. (Steven Wright)

Preacher is not running for Congress on the Tea-Party/Fundamentalist/Big Lick platform.

4 members found this post helpful.

Who called who names ? I called cordial a licker. If BL is so great she should take it as a compliment.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Are you proud of that post?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. (Steven Wright)

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    aarpaso is not nasty. You cordial, ARE a licker. and although you say big lick can be accomplished without chemical soring - and it probably can - we here feel the abuse is also in the ridiculous package that biomechanically puts the horse's joints at crazy angles. We are talking growing joints as the starter packages go on young horses way under 2 years of age. Add to that the life they have to live - no turnout while stacked - what that does to their mind and body is against nature. You act surprised cordial, that we dont agree with you that BL is just peachy fine.

To move on out of the personal realm here is a page i had not seen before.

http://iceryder.net/sore.html
    I am not a Licker as you and your posters like to call anybody who happens to have a padded horses. How do you explain a horse with no physical issues and still in the show ring (SOUND) at 22 years old with none of the problems that you claim that the pads do. Luck of the draw..maybe?, but how ABOUT GOOD CARE over the last may years? Don't bother to answer, because it will be just another one of your rants and raves.

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh this is tiresome. Padded Performance horse = Big Lick horse. Those who own, train, ride, even like such horses = Lickers. So are you now saying that you are not a licker ? All i hear you saying is that you never used chemicals on your Big Lick horse. The stacks and action devices are also the issue. cordial we will never see eye to eye on this. Take your argument to the AVMA and AAEP who have (without either ranting or raving) taken their stand on the use of stacks and devices. Glad you have moved on to flat-shod horses. That may be the only game in town for the TWH soon.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

4 members found this post helpful.

aarpaso is not a nasty woman, she is a deeply caring person.

1 members found this post helpful.

when i heard this i had to do a HAPPY DANCE,so im going to share,the U of Tn at the Homecoming would not use a Big Lick TWH,They Show Cased a flat shod NATRUAL gaited TWH.

Way to go U of Tn,thats how its done.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    when i heard this i had to do a HAPPY DANCE,so im going to share,the U of Tn at the Homecoming would not use a Big Lick TWH,They Show Cased a flat shod NATRUAL gaited TWH.

Way to go U of Tn,thats how its done.
    I'm glad you are doing a happy dance about something to do with a TWH, however it isn't totally accurate to state that UT would not use a big lick horse. This is taken directly from the UT website.

Game Day Activities
    To reflect the Morrill Act’s mission, the university has updated its traditional Tennessee Walking Horse exhibition at this year’s Homecoming. Prior to kickoff, A Daring Affair, a flat-shod walking horse, will circle the field with rider Kimbrell Hines, a high-school senior from Winchester, Tennessee. Hines is a longtime member of the Tennessee 4-H program, and she and the horse, known affectionately as Summer, have won many horse shows around the state.

Jim Thompson, dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine, said the Tennessee 4-H program is one of the university’s strongest land-grant missions, thanks to young people like Hines.

“Kimbrell and Summer are doing great things and helping us all to recognize and celebrate the importance of 4-H in Tennessee and beyond,” he said.

I can see nothing in that article that leads me to believe that UT had any problem with big lick horses at all. But hey, if it gives you happy feet believe what ever you want.

It has been traditional to have a Big Lick horse at the ceremony. So this is a big deal. Breaking tradition is a big darn deal. WooHoo

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    Oh this is tiresome. Padded Performance horse = Big Lick horse. Those who own, train, ride, even like such horses = Lickers. So are you now saying that you are not a licker ? All i hear you saying is that you never used chemicals on your Big Lick horse. The stacks and action devices are also the issue. cordial we will never see eye to eye on this. Take your argument to the AVMA and AAEP who have (without either ranting or raving) taken their stand on the use of stacks and devices. Glad you have moved on to flat-shod horses. That may be the only game in town for the TWH soon.
    I haven't "moved-on to flat-shod horses, I have had them from the begining. Thanks for asking!

Just so folks do not forget what this thread is all about - here is your 2009 homecoming pass... You all do remember how this guy trains??? Like what you see??? OOps - wrong Mcconnell - but you get the picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJWuH6r9T7U

Go 4H!
    Last edited by hurleycane; Nov. 4, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

OOps - wrong Mcconnell - but you get the picture. They related? Well - other than being in the wrong business... are they brothers?
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Hurleycane,they are brothers.Jackie goes to Court Nov 13 2012 on charges brougth by the State of Tn.its my understanding that letters are already bein sent to the Judge and the DA.

You are right AARPASO - at their time of greatest need - UT turned their backs on the stacked crowd. And even if they do not in writing fuel the fire of reformation of the industry - their action does speak louder than words. Unlike when Rood and Riddle back tracked and took the edge off of what was a very strong condemnation of the stacked crowd.

As they say - keep the letters coming and going. Long way to go to get the laws changed. Cause as it stands right now - HPA makes all the stacks, bands and chains legal in the show ring.

Mornin;

I spoke with The ADA of Fayette County, TN to get an update on the state hearing scheduled for Tuesday November 13, 2012.

He told me not to waste my time or gas coming there. Dockery & Mayes, have just gotten their state attorneys and he wanted to interview them both which would take place in the next couple weeks. So Jackie will be held off until that is concluded.

I asked him what he thought of the University of Tennessee homecoming game turn around, (rejecting the Big Lick and opting for the Flat Shod horse, ironic, the same thing happened at the 2010 WEGs, the Big Licks rejected and the Flat Shod horse put in its place)

A pattern is developing here, the outside world does not trade barbs with them, they act with impunity and openly reject them. Its almost like they are saying,

“What’s the problem with you guys,? Its not a hard thing to do, just ignore them, and not use them, why is that so hard for you guys to change all of this?

Well he told me he had not heard about it, so I told him and sent him an article on it, and he laughed and laughed and the rest of our conversation was dotted with chuckles, he thought it was fantastic, and said I made his weekend with that piece of news, when I hung up the phone I could hear him starting to laugh again.

Things may be somewhat quiet cuz there is not anything on the front pages, but trust me, it’s the quiet before the storm..

Good morning to you, Preacher. Thank you for the post. Not living anywhere near the nexus of this issue, I was getting concerned when this thread went into hibernation. Good to know that it's just a marshaling of forces behind the lines, so to speak.

And speaking of that, in advance of Monday, I'd like to thank you for your service to our country. I am pleased to have made your acquaintance through this forum.
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Frugalannie,we have not ended our quest to STOP Soring of the Tn walking Horse we have just moved to a higher level,putting our pen in hand writing to the folks that can tuffin the LAW.trying to push some of the alphabet soup folks into seeing that their practice of BL is not in the best interest of the breed, TWH.

WE are HERE. working just has hard really, work with us write,call e-mail.

I hope the TN judge gets the job done next week, all the players have lawyers and the case will be heard.

we are still here.working hard to STOP the soring.