The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 148 of 315 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 6295

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    We've been following the money. The real money is wrapped up with politicians and the very wealthy. They don't really need "sponsors". This isn't some BYB debacle, this is wealth driven. The Racking horse OTOH...not so much.

I'm surprised no one commented on my post about the Racking horses. They are BYB especially compared to the BL.

The FUGLY post was not entirely wrong.
    I don't have any personal experience w/ racking horses, but I have seen those single foot videos and I think maybe some with pads. I was very confused by the pictures they posted because I HAVE seen attrocious padding "performance packages" on YouTube.

As far as the politicians and the very wealthy. Many of the very wealthy make their money through business interests -- when nobody wants to do business with them because of the taint of the Big Lick; they'll reevaluate. Wealthy people are wealthy because they know how to manage wealth -- and a part of that is cutting your losses. And politicians rely on donations - if donors won't contribute to them because of their association w/ and support of Big Lick; they'll drop it. Even Shelbyville -- as Big Lick drives the attendance numbers down, down, down; at some point people are going to prefer to make a living rather than starve to death standing up for the Big Lick.
    Last edited by ldaziens; Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

As long as the judges keep pinning them they will keep doing the stacked feet and sored heels and pasterns. Aim at the Judges. Pin a stacked and chained horse and lose your judges card. Then they might take notice.
    It is cruel and inhumane treatment to do this to a horse. But as long as they get rewarded for it they will keep doing it. JMHO

1 members found this post helpful.

Good thoughts on Eichler's spin doctoring.

When it is so easy to do the right thing, why do they persist in defending and promoting Sore Lick ?
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

From the article above - this bears repeating!!!!!

With no suspension even imposed for a third scar rule violation, it is tempting for potential violators to sore and steward horses during the week and sound them up to be compliant for the weekend inspection.

Do not forget that no matter how the stacked folks fain otherwise - these folks are dirty. Do not let the success of the likes of Jackie McConnell stray far from your mind on this. He was very successful with soring and he was not alone. I strongly feel other competitors and trainers knew what he was doing and they not only looked the other way - they gave him a WGC.
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    From the article above - this bears repeating!!!!!

With no suspension even imposed for a third scar rule violation, it is tempting for potential violators to sore and steward horses during the week and sound them up to be compliant for the weekend inspection.

Do not forget that no matter how the stacked folks fain otherwise - these folks are dirty. Do not let the success of the likes of Jackie McConnell stray far from your mind on this. He was very successful with soring and he was not alone. I strongly feel other competitors and trainers knew what he was doing and they not only looked the other way - they gave him a WGC.
    Absolutely right, but don't forget the owners and farriers who also knew, and didn't care.

2 members found this post helpful.

There’s an old adage that I personally do not subscribe to, but in this case it is apropos. You are known by the company you keep.

The Old guard of TWH’s Padded division, aka The Lickers and their Lickin Horses, sought out political muscle to help them convince other lawmakers to vote against any attempts to cut their lived short in the Big Lick show ring.

This man in this article is their “Champion” on capitol hill. He’s a republican, who is up for re-election. I have listened to the now public audio tapes in which he admits he got one of his girlfriends pregnant and he told her to get an abortion, and now this latest revelation.

The sad thing is that the news people predict that he will be re-elected again, despite all of these news reports on him behaving badly.

Well, see what you think about all this on this man.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...lks-tennessee/

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    There’s an old adage that I personally do not subscribe to, but in this case it is apropos. You are known by the company you keep.

The Old guard of TWH’s Padded division, aka The Lickers and their Lickin Horses, sought out political muscle to help them convince other lawmakers to vote against any attempts to cut their lived short in the Big Lick show ring.

This man in this article is their “Champion” on capitol hill. He’s a republican, who is up for re-election. I have listened to the now public audio tapes in which he admits he got one of his girlfriends pregnant and he told her to get an abortion, and now this latest revelation.

The sad thing is that the news people predict that he will be re-elected again, despite all of these news reports on him behaving badly.

Well, see what you think about all this on this man.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...lks-tennessee/
    What a piece of crap this guy is, is this really the caliber of people we need?

3 members found this post helpful.

Preacher,i don't think bein a Jackass or an Elephant has anything to do with this dog's moral fiber,if a man is a dog he's a dog ready to jump any bitch he can ,what bothers me is the AMA is doing nothing nor is capitial HILL,he should be shunned.we must remember he is OWNED by David Howard,and the Shellbyville Slime.The good Doctor has alot to answer for,and only the honorable people of Tennessee can make that happen.

Preacher
    I have appreciated your posts and perspective however when you attempt to get political on this thread then it opens the door to a condemnation of a Democrat President who looked the other way (as you accuse the Republican) while AN AMBASSADOR was murdered along with military personal appointed to protect him.

As my father was an Ambassador I am very familar with the risks involved.

Attack the Republican on his political views..absolutely...but when one steps onto that bridge of moral indignation then one must also look at President Clinton who engaged him a sexual activity and refused to admit to it.

I think it is better to keep a thread on the issue rather than political so I will leave it alone if you will

Of course it is a political issue. TWHBEA,TWHNC,SHOW,PRIDE, and all the rest could have taken care of their problems inhouse. Even in the past they have relied heavily on politics. They have opened up this can of worms thinking they can bribe and sugarcoat their way out of this controversy but the worm has turned so to speak.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Preacher
    I have appreciated your posts and perspective however when you attempt to get political on this thread then it opens the door to a condemnation of a Democrat President who looked the other way (as you accuse the Republican) while AN AMBASSADOR was murdered along with military personal appointed to protect him.

As my father was an Ambassador I am very familar with the risks involved.

Attack the Republican on his political views..absolutely...but when one steps onto that bridge of moral indignation then one must also look at President Clinton who engaged him a sexual activity and refused to admit to it.

I think it is better to keep a thread on the issue rather than political so I will leave it alone if you will
    With Mr. Preacher's background, I would be careful if I were him talking about any other persons morals. I'm just saying!

To get away from the politicaL and personal comments I'll throw this out. In my latest issue of Modern Arabian Horse I found two photos of horses showing with shoe bands. How long has this been going on? I never been involved with Arabian Park type horses, only saddlebreds and learned to hate the excessive shoeing even without the bands.

Quote Originally Posted by CFFarm View Post
    To get away from the politicaL and personal comments I'll throw this out. In my latest issue of Modern Arabian Horse I found two photos of horses showing with shoe bands. How long has this been going on? I never been involved with Arabian Park type horses, only saddlebreds and learned to hate the excessive shoeing even without the bands.
    It is detailed in USEF rules EXACTLY what can and can not be done. A horse in a reining class was disqualified over a 5/16th difference in a bit and another disqualified for a weight of shoe (which AFTER the show was over..turned out to be a mistake by a steward for the U.S. Nationals.)

This is not a start of the BL built up platform shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    It is detailed in USEF rules EXACTLY what can and can not be done. A horse in a reining class was disqualified over a 5/16th difference in a bit and another disqualified for a weight of shoe (which AFTER the show was over..turned out to be a mistake by a steward for the U.S. Nationals.)

This is not a start of the BL built up platform shoe.
    Thanks. I hope that's true. Hate to see it spread.

Quote Originally Posted by cordial View Post
    With Mr. Preacher's background, I would be careful if I were him talking about any other persons morals. I'm just saying!
    What are you saying? can you back up what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    What are you saying? can you back up what you say.
    Do yourself a favor, and do a little research. You might be surprised!

i'm not the one making the accusation you are. either back up what you are saying or keep well you know.

its clear that you are a licker,and that anyone that dislikes that form of abuse is on your get list.so you do your own research find out how alone the lickers really are.
    the Shelbyville Slime's not going to save the TWH,the people who want a stop to the BIG LICK end of stacks and pads will.its only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    i'm not the one making the accusation you are. either back up what you are saying or keep well you know.

its clear that you are a licker,and that anyone that dislikes that form of abuse is on your get list.so you do your own research find out how alone the lickers really are.
    the Shelbyville Slime's not going to save the TWH,the people who want a stop to the BIG LICK end of stacks and pads will.its only a matter of time.
    You are really an nasty woman, just because we have an old 22 year old padded does not make us Shelbyville Slime, and does not make us abusers. I AM AGAINST SORING as you claim you are. I don't consider my self as "LICKER"...we have four SOUND flat-shod horses. Get off it and get a life, and go after the people that really are guilty of abuse!,
    As for as Mr. Preacher...I made no accusations ........I just said google him and make up your own mind. Don't respond to this post, as I am totally unterested in your rant and ravings. Have a great life, and keep up the ranting and ravings...it's good for you blood pressure!

aarpaso is not nasty. You cordial, ARE a licker. and although you say big lick can be accomplished without chemical soring - and it probably can - we here feel the abuse is also in the ridiculous package that biomechanically puts the horse's joints at crazy angles. We are talking growing joints as the starter packages go on young horses way under 2 years of age. Add to that the life they have to live - no turnout while stacked - what that does to their mind and body is against nature. You act surprised cordial, that we dont agree with you that BL is just peachy fine.

To move on out of the personal realm here is a page i had not seen before.

http://iceryder.net/sore.html