The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

First of all, I apologize for starting a new thread, but only Lisa can change the name of the Update thread, and this time it's important.

Last night at about 2:30 in the morning, Lisa and Joey heard Aiden coughing in his room, and found him choking on a very bad bleed. Unfortunately, the Verices is back. If you remember, verices is due to portal hypertension, and happens when blood is rerouted around the contricted portal vein that goes through the diseased liver. That puts too much pressure on other veins, and can cause them to burst. (I am assuming that a large vein in his esophagus burst, judging from the other information I have.)

They ended up calling 911 and going immediately to the hospital. They are there now and are planning to do the same endoscopic treatment they did last time. There was a lot of blood lost this time, and they were planning to do a transfusion at last contact.

I have not talked to Lisa significantly or very recently, so I'm afraid I don't have a ton of detail, but she is going to call when they have the opportunity. Sara, if you get news before me, please post and tell Lisa not to take the time to call me also.

The reason I posted this is becuase now is when Aiden needs a lot of prayers. There will be times again, and I don't take this request lightly, but bleeds are very dangerous, and very scary. Please take some time today and think good thoughts for the Hawk family, Aiden, and the doctors.

I (or Sarah) will post again as soon as there's more information - I'm just as anxious to hear more as all of you. Thank you for your thoughts - lets keep our fingers crossed...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So tell me again how the 40 Hour Standard was created? I think my boss was busy...

[This message was edited by EqChick on Nov. 14, 2002 at 12:37 PM.]
    Which came first, the truck or the trailer?

First of all, I apologize for starting a new thread, but only Lisa can change the name of the Update thread, and this time it's important.

Last night at about 2:30 in the morning, Lisa and Joey heard Aiden coughing in his room, and found him choking on a very bad bleed. Unfortunately, the Verices is back. If you remember, verices is due to portal hypertension, and happens when blood is rerouted around the contricted portal vein that goes through the diseased liver. That puts too much pressure on other veins, and can cause them to burst. (I am assuming that a large vein in his esophagus burst, judging from the other information I have.)

They ended up calling 911 and going immediately to the hospital. They are there now and are planning to do the same endoscopic treatment they did last time. There was a lot of blood lost this time, and they were planning to do a transfusion at last contact.

I have not talked to Lisa significantly or very recently, so I'm afraid I don't have a ton of detail, but she is going to call when they have the opportunity. Sara, if you get news before me, please post and tell Lisa not to take the time to call me also.

The reason I posted this is becuase now is when Aiden needs a lot of prayers. There will be times again, and I don't take this request lightly, but bleeds are very dangerous, and very scary. Please take some time today and think good thoughts for the Hawk family, Aiden, and the doctors.

I (or Sarah) will post again as soon as there's more information - I'm just as anxious to hear more as all of you. Thank you for your thoughts - lets keep our fingers crossed...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So tell me again how the 40 Hour Standard was created? I think my boss was busy...

[This message was edited by EqChick on Nov. 14, 2002 at 12:37 PM.]
    Which came first, the truck or the trailer?

OMG, my thoughts and prayers are going out there to the Hawk family. Wishing them the best.

Oh no! Please let us know how he's doing if you hear. We're praying for you Aiden.

Home of the RPSI & AWR approved stallion, Remarkable. Homozygous for BLACK!
    The ALL NEW *I hate Physical Therapy Clique* |*MidWest Clique* | *Crippled Knee Clique*

Be strong once again, we are here for you and your parents.

~***~Jingle~***~Jangle~***~Jingle~***~

Friendship is Love without his wings
    -Lord Byron
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

The whole family is in my prayers.

Jeni

"We like to walk..."

\"Horse sense is what a horse has that keeps him from betting on people\"
    W.C. Fields
    1880 - 1948

Oh no! I hope everything goes ok for them today.

Proud President of the Dysfunctional Relationships Clique
    ---WHX---

and

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Please God, help this family.

(Thanks so much for the update.)

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

This is so terribly frustrating. Thanks for the update. Please let the Hawks know that they are in our prayers and thoughts. Hasn't that poor child gone through enough?? (Venting)

So sorry to hear Aiden isn't feeling so well... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Curb jingles, hugs, and prayers for baby and family!!!

Just another day!!!
    I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!

Praying like crazy for the Hawk family. Come on little guy!

Love, hugs, more prayers and jingles
    Jane

Prayers, prayers, and more prayers.

"If you ain't got it in ya, you can't blow it out." Pops

Aiden and his family are in my prayers and in my thoughts. I hope that this ordeal is resolved soon soon SOON!!

Oh, that's so terrible. They were just getting a chance to enjoy being home and having Aiden feeling a bit better.

My thoughts and prayers will be with the Hawks today, even more than usual!
    www.sandbarequinetransport.com

Proud member of the ILMD[FN]HP and Bull Snap Haters Cliques

And keeping hope.

***My horse bucked off your honor student!***

~~ Founder: LOFL (lawn ornaments for life) clique~~

Goshen, New York (cutest little hossie town in NY)

i will keep the Hawk family in my prayers.

Prayers and jingles to the whole family.
    Thanks for the update.
    Member, Equine Artist Clique

This is so scary. I just wish the doctors etc. could speed up the testing process somehow and get him the liver he so badly needs. Hang in there Aiden.

...heading east from the Valley of the Sun...