The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Hi everyone,

I am actually updating you guys before my family! Well you are family too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] We are sitting here in the hospital. I am going out of my mind. My husband has been gone for less than 5 hours, am it is just me and Aiden. I just miss Joey. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] He had to go back to handle a few things at his work, and then he will return this wednesday. I did bring my lap top so I have you guys for company. Eqchick has been here a bunch and we went shopping yesterday, and went out to pet horses today. (ahh.... therapy)

OKay so for the update: The jingles are amazing. He is doing well. He has a serious liver infection called ascending cholangitis. It causes liver damage, cirrohsis. at this point Aiden has so much cirrhosis that it doesn't change his condition too much. It just make him feel icky. Of course you would never know he feels bad, he is talking and doing rasberries right now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] that is him that little face. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] The danger with the infection is that he can't get rid of the toxins in his system. In result, he is really yellow. His jaundice is very bad. They were in here checking his toxicity a few times a day. That was for the anitiboitics. Since his liver isn't working well his kidneys have to take over. Sometimes that can cause kidney problems, even failure. So they have to keep adjusting his anitbiotics all of the time. SO it is nice to know they keep a close eye on things.

As far as his status on the list. Aiden will be bumped higher again due to this. But honeslty that will not get him a liver right away. We are still desperately hoping for a living donor match. Aiden's uncle will be tested this week. I can honeslty say I never knew that the need for organ donation was this bad. I never knew. I assumed that he would get to this point and a liver would come. I can't believe it hasn't. But I know of one other child waiting and is before Aiden on the list. Little Johnny. So very sweet. He lives in the hospital.

Well it is different doing this alone. I am a little scared. All of the blood works, IV's and they are possibly going to have a procedure tomarow with anesthia. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I can do it! That is one blessing that this little baby has given me. He has helped me find a new me. A more couragous and strong self. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I will update you shortly. If you have any questions, ask me. I would love to answer them. Again, Thank you for the prayers, support, and the love you have shown. I will never forget it.

~~Lisa~~
    Save a life, be an organ donor

[This message was edited by RolexH on Oct. 30, 2002 at 04:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Oct. 31, 2002 at 05:15 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 01, 2002 at 09:57 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 01, 2002 at 10:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 04, 2002 at 02:53 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 12, 2002 at 12:21 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 14, 2002 at 09:54 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 16, 2002 at 05:34 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 17, 2002 at 09:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 19, 2002 at 07:37 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 21, 2002 at 11:22 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 22, 2002 at 08:43 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 22, 2002 at 05:59 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 26, 2002 at 01:28 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 02, 2002 at 08:40 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 03, 2002 at 09:07 AM.]

Hi everyone,

I am actually updating you guys before my family! Well you are family too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] We are sitting here in the hospital. I am going out of my mind. My husband has been gone for less than 5 hours, am it is just me and Aiden. I just miss Joey. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] He had to go back to handle a few things at his work, and then he will return this wednesday. I did bring my lap top so I have you guys for company. Eqchick has been here a bunch and we went shopping yesterday, and went out to pet horses today. (ahh.... therapy)

OKay so for the update: The jingles are amazing. He is doing well. He has a serious liver infection called ascending cholangitis. It causes liver damage, cirrohsis. at this point Aiden has so much cirrhosis that it doesn't change his condition too much. It just make him feel icky. Of course you would never know he feels bad, he is talking and doing rasberries right now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] that is him that little face. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] The danger with the infection is that he can't get rid of the toxins in his system. In result, he is really yellow. His jaundice is very bad. They were in here checking his toxicity a few times a day. That was for the anitiboitics. Since his liver isn't working well his kidneys have to take over. Sometimes that can cause kidney problems, even failure. So they have to keep adjusting his anitbiotics all of the time. SO it is nice to know they keep a close eye on things.

As far as his status on the list. Aiden will be bumped higher again due to this. But honeslty that will not get him a liver right away. We are still desperately hoping for a living donor match. Aiden's uncle will be tested this week. I can honeslty say I never knew that the need for organ donation was this bad. I never knew. I assumed that he would get to this point and a liver would come. I can't believe it hasn't. But I know of one other child waiting and is before Aiden on the list. Little Johnny. So very sweet. He lives in the hospital.

Well it is different doing this alone. I am a little scared. All of the blood works, IV's and they are possibly going to have a procedure tomarow with anesthia. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I can do it! That is one blessing that this little baby has given me. He has helped me find a new me. A more couragous and strong self. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I will update you shortly. If you have any questions, ask me. I would love to answer them. Again, Thank you for the prayers, support, and the love you have shown. I will never forget it.

~~Lisa~~

[This message was edited by RolexH on Oct. 30, 2002 at 04:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Oct. 31, 2002 at 05:15 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 01, 2002 at 09:57 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 01, 2002 at 10:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 04, 2002 at 02:53 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 12, 2002 at 12:21 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 14, 2002 at 09:54 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 16, 2002 at 05:34 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 17, 2002 at 09:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 19, 2002 at 07:37 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 21, 2002 at 11:22 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 22, 2002 at 08:43 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 22, 2002 at 05:59 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Nov. 26, 2002 at 01:28 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 02, 2002 at 08:40 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 03, 2002 at 09:07 AM.]

You're being so brave being there and staying strong for Aiden, even though Joey had to leave. I'm sure it was the last thing he wanted to do, but he knows your strength and fortitude will see you through.

But please don't forget you have all of us here on the board to keep you company and prop you up if you need it. We might not be able to hold your hand or go with you for some coffee, but we are doing those things in spirit.

Try to get some sleep when you can and we'll keep jingling for you all.

Angel

I'm glad you have your laptop, the COTH community is always here for you!

Prayers and hugs from Albany NY for Aiden and for you, Lisa.

Founder of the mighty Thoroughbred Clique!

Resident racing historian
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

You truly are, only seeing the good through all of this. Bless you and my prayers to you, your hubby and adorable little Aiden. *jingle, jingle* [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Head of the "I HAVE a CANTER Horse" division of the Mighty TB clique.

"God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of." Springsteen
    RIP Full Metal Jacket "Jack" 1998 -2/27/09
    RIP Salisbury Hill "Ted" 1979-4/2/10
    "God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of" -Springsteen

{{{{({(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))}}}}}}}}}

~*~*~*~*~JINGLE~*~*~*~*~

Any idea how long it will take to find out if Aiden's uncle is a match?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Et vera incessu patuit dea. (Aenid I, 405)
    And her stride revealed she was a true goddess.
    ~I LOVE my mare.~
    ---------------
    As is our confidence, so is our capacity. ~W. Hazlitt

Visit our website: Gift Hill Farm and on Facebook

Thanks guys.

cant re- we will find out this week. Probably by wednesday. I just hope he doesn't have the same problem that Joey had, the little left lobe. We can't only hope not. But yes, it should be really soon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~~Lisa~~

Lisa- Stay strong- You are amazing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa - I've only posted here a few times, but lately have been reading about your son. Bless you and your husband for being so strong and doing all you can for this precious little guy. As someone else said above, you truly are an inspiration.
    ~Re-Riders Clique~
    ~Midwest Clique~
    ~2004 Sucks~

I have been a living organ donor as long as Florida has indicated it on the FL driver's license. Hopefully your posts have caused many people to become living organ donors. It is so important and affects so many lives - it is the gift of life.

I am keeping Aiden (and his family) in my thoughts.

[This message was edited by Hattie on Oct. 27, 2002 at 10:23 PM.]

We'll all take turns being "there" for you... and jingling those curb chains, both virtual and real.

Lisa, could you tell us more about the living donor thing? I find this very interesting!
    Please give Aiden a hug for us! And remember to take care of yourself as well, you're no help to Aiden if you're not well too!
    Grab mane and kick on!

((Hugs)) Lisa to you and your family this week. I'm speechless after I read each post you share on COTH. You have poise and class far beyond your years.......hang in there "Mom"!!!

SLW
    "It is I."

hang in there Lisa. I know you have family there to help you in Atlanta, but if you ever need anything down there let me know, my mom and stepdad live just outside of Atlanta and I know they will be glad to help out!!

All gave some...And some gave all...God bless the USA
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

thank goodness for laptops! You can't imagine (second thought, I bet you can only begin to imagine) the love for you and your family that is here for you on the COTH Off Course forum. Love, admiration, fear, prayers and faith that are felt to you and what you are carrying. I think I might say (with no offense directed at ANYONE here on the board) there are times when you would swap being an inspriration for anyone as long as you got a liver that worked. Your grace through this fustration is incredible; you never asked for this. You are so brave. And it can be exhausting being brave. As a Mom, who also had a desperately sick baby brother long ago, know that we are all here for you in whatever capacity you will allow us. I personally remember my Mom's rage and feeling of helplessness. We know your timber; your courageousness; you don't need to prove anything to any one of us. Please know just that we are all here, any time, day or night the COTH remember you always in prayer and hold you in the light. If you ever get scared, share. My # is 717 789 9324, cell is 717 574 7015. You call 24/7 Those are the same numbers that allow my scholars same access. I wish so much there was more that I could do (I am a donor on my drivers and have been for years-I have three kidneys if you need a spare). But, I need to offer you without reservation that which I have, which is time and an ear, and an empathetic, loving view towards you and your family. We are here. We love and care and share the agony and fear. And we share Faith. You keep those phone numbers and don't hesitate to use them. A big hug, a big kiss and another quiet hug which goes on a long time-as long as you need it.
    love, June
    \"The world\'s greatest achievements often happen on the edge of chaos\"

JReed is right - we will ALL be here for you 24/7; this is not an empty offer.

But JReed I have to ask.... you have three kidneys?????

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Yep, 3. first diagnosed on an IVP in the second grade and then later when I was in my early 20's before I was sent over to Africa in 77. Second IVP revealed I have an anaphalactic reaction to the Iodine medium used...because of that, haven't had one done since. Last time "they" looked there were 3 with two ureters. Let's get back to Aiden!
    cheers, June
    \"The world\'s greatest achievements often happen on the edge of chaos\"

RolexH (Lisa), from one mom to another.....

<<<HUGS>>>

Let me know if you need more. My thoughts and prayers are with you, baby Aiden, and Joey.

****^-^****
    Don't ask me, I'm just the mom!

~Proud member of the Thoroughbred Clique~

If Dressage is Symphony, and Eventing is Rock 'n Roll, then Hunters must be R & B

You're in my thoughts every day, as is Aiden and your husband. You're incredibly strong, and I wish there were more I could do for you than just jingle some curb chains. If there ever is, please ask [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Lisa, you and Aiden are never far from my thoughts, and I know the same is true of most of the members of this forum. Every time I visit the forum, the first thread I go to is the chain jingling thread, and it is the last thread I go to also. Often, during the day, I find myself thinking about you, and wondering how and what you and your darling boy are doing right then.

The love that this forum can generate is a powerful thing, and I know that you know that it is here all the time for you and Aiden.

{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}

---------------------------
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
    Aristotle
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.