The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default A New Slow-Feeder Option for Stalls?

I'm a net person, but I know many barns don't like them, regardless of hole size.

I just saw this one for the first time today in a Craig's List ad. Looks pretty good. Whatchu guys think?

Warm Springs Control Feeder
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

I do not like websites that make me watch a video to figure out what their product is.

It says in the verbiage that it is shown with optional stand cabinet, but no where (that I have found yet) does it say what part is the optional stand/cabinet.

ETA - OK, I figured it out by going to pricing page. I think the pricing page gives more information than anything else.

ETA2 - Do I think it would work? Sure. It is pretty darn expensive though.

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm gonna just stick with my CinchChix....

Talking I love my slow feeder

I read your post and felt I had to respond. My large show barn was also reluctant to allow my slow feed hay net at first. I chose the EZ Fill slow feed hay net from N.A.G. Bags and my barn now uses them in all of the stalls! They do not interfere with the stall space and barn staff does NOT have to go into the stall to feed. They simply go down the aisle and put the flakes into the net from the outside. My gelding is much happier and we now have no more pacing or pawing. My friend's mare has completely STOPPED cribbing! I love my N.A.G. Bag and more importantly so does my gelding. The barn manager and my veterinarian are now believers. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post
    I'm a net person, but I know many barns don't like them, regardless of hole size.

I just saw this one for the first time today in a Craig's List ad. Looks pretty good. Whatchu guys think?

Warm Springs Control Feeder

it looks like it would work.
    a funny story about slow feeders. we got the vinyl one and put it in our gelding's stall.
    within 2 days, our BO suggested we remove it as our horse just stood in front and ATE. it took him less time to eat thru the hay in the slow feeder than when the hay was on the floor.

when the hay was on the floor, he would look out his stall, but the slow feeder was put in a corner so he could just eat! LOL

It's an interested idea, but I think there are other easy to fill slow feeders that aren't $300.
    Foaling Around www.facebook.com/foalingaround
    Custom Equestrian Items and Bath Products