The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Oooh boy! I'd certainly love to see Jethro in my barn!

I am so antsy to be back in the market for another OTTB. Now is not the time but Jethro sure is a pretty boy!

I love Sandy Castle! It says she is not for sale though? But if she is someone should buy her.

Default Keeping fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan96 View Post
    Eeek! Made the call about Florida Quaker. We'll see what owner has to say.
    Hope it works out for both of you! I am not a mare person but she caught my eye right away b/c she exudes so much power... and the wise eye she has! I joked that if I were to get her (via a winning lottery ticket) I would hand her over to someone else... like my friend/coach who taught me how to ride!

FF

Default Trip to the Races

So last Thursday we made a trip to the track to watch the races. I brought along my camera and tried to get some neat photos from the stands. Among the FLF racing were Senegal, Six Roses Gone, Dazzling Derek, Regal Encounter, and YNV Me so I thought I'd post some racing pics of them that I took

Six Roses Gone
    Six Roses Gone
    Dazzling Derek
    Derek and Guns
    Senegal is #1, Derek is #8, Six Roses is #7
    Derek
    Senegal
    Six Roses
    Regal Encounter
    Regal Encounter
    YNV Me
    YNV Me
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

why does it look like ynv me is bleeding?
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Regal Encounter looks lovely

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

SGray, I could be wrong, but I bet that's a tongue tie that happens to be bright red.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

ahhh - makes sense - thanks

Shannon, thanks for the great pictures!
    Wow, look at that trot on YNVMe! I saw her move on a lunge line at a farm last summer, and I thought she was a lovely mover -- this picture really shows that. With that reach and flat knees she should light up the hunter ring! The poor girl had two years off taking it easy, but since no one stepped up to give her a good forever home her last year, her owner/trainer felt she had to put her back to racing work. Surely there must be someone out there who loves flashy red mares as much as I do (but who doesn't already have her stalls and hands full with 3 Finests).

New horses have been posted and no ones talking about them!!! This thread shouldn't be at the bottom of page 4. *This is my attempt at a bump.*

Anyway, everyone at the farm are doing well. And there may be a new addition named Deckster...I'll let you guess who that might be
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

Magic Cocktail is only three, so he will grow. Yes, he is indeed a well balanced cutie!
    Thanks for the bumps, Shannon and J! There will soon be yet three more horses posted from our Monday trip, plus videos for several of them.
    I didn't get to see them all, but one that I did see, Madeline's Melody, is just lovely, and so quiet and sweet. I see major show hunter potential here, with her quality looks. And the other team was raving about Celebrating Sarah, who is by Aptitude out of an Awesome Again mare, and is a half sister to a stakes winner.
    Another one to be posted soon is a very sweet and pretty and completely sound 3 yo filly with only one race -- Unhook My Sarong. Watch out for her (although we need to go back to get full conformation photos).
    With two already placed, and new listings starting to come, Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds is indeed fully back in the saddle for 2012!

Default Expensive perfume comes in small bottles...

Quote Originally Posted by EventingJ View Post
    oo hes a little on the small side but nice and compact
    for those of us who like to be closer to the ground than the clouds... he is perfect. Looks a lot like Cuervo, though this guy has better looking bone than my boy. Plus, he'll grow as he is only 3y. I saw his name and thought, if that lottery ticket I bought to day pays off... first the farm, then the second FLF... Magic Cocktail just has to come home (Magic Cocktail, Take Me Flying... I sense a psychodelic theme here...) LSD Farms???? (*just kidding*)... more like, Tiki Bar Ranch... hahahahahaha...

FF

I thought I would testify for Unhook My Sarong... her half brother (by Hook and Ladder) is at my stable, and last summer in a 4-show series got either champion or reserve in the baby greens at every show! I've also seen him do the 3' jumpers and he got either reserve or champion.

I like Run Mickey Run. I love older horses, he does look calm and sweet. I assume if they stayed sound that long they will be good under saddle for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan96 View Post
    Eeek! Made the call about Florida Quaker. We'll see what owner has to say.
    I love her....and I rarely even look at mares. There is something special about that one.

Some very nice horses available right now.....
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

SO many lovely horses! Someone take a look at Jethro and take that lovely boy home!! He looks like he could be a nice husband horse with his big size or maybe a lovely hunter type with his beautiful face and topline <3 <3

Someone should get Futile Attempt. 5, 16.1, not raced, quiet and clean legged, only $500?
    She'll fill out and be nice. So what if she has a gelding head

I love the look of Jethro! But $3000?! You've got to be kidding right?! I often wonder when looking at organizations like this one and CANTER how the trainers think their prices are valid? Everyone's talking about how bad this economy is, horses are being abandoned and starved, and they want that price tag for a track trained tb that may have issues or soundness probs?! Look at all the classified sites, there are retrained tbs with show miles going for less. It's funny too how the price goes higher if the horse is tall or nicely colored/marked. If they really want to find them homes, price them realistically.

Another person loving Florida Quaker. Talk about the 'look of eagles'. She looks like a wise girl.