The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2012 Black Dot Thread

Sooo ... has someone started a 2012 black dot thread yet? Looked a bit and didn't see one.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

I have one going tomorrow and another one going on Sat for black dot checks! Hope I can report back with some good news.

I am out of the black dot business. I will just have to live vicariously through you guys!

One so far
    Well Noted x Western Lariat
    -Jessica

Two mares, one try each...both empty not a good start this year. One we tried with a frozen dose of Starlight. When we looked at it under the microscope, the vet saw no motility whatsoever. Other mare everything was perfect, she even double ovulated. Put her on regumate too, at her 2 week check she had a follicle already forming. So we bred her yesterday for one more try. If she doesn't take, I think we're going to throw in the towel with her, as it's been five attempts (two different stallions) since we've had her and nothing. We've cultured her and done a biopsy, nothing horrible has come back other than some scarring. So we're at a lose.
    Grassfield Sport Horses, LLC

Follow us on facebook!!!

I had my mare checked the 10th and she caught but was re-absorbing. So we cycled her in and just bred her on the 17th so I have another 13 days until we find out...too long in my opinion!!

I bred my mare to Landkönig again because I LOVED the cross I got in 2010 so much I retained her for my program!!

Goodluck everyone fingers crossed for you!!

My Weinstein x Graphit X Gotthard mare is at the vet and was on a 3.1 follicle on Apr. 17. She'll be inseminated with Dauphin semen on this cycle. We are praying so hard for a black dot in couple of weeks as she is an older mare and we are hoping to be able to keep one filly from her for our breeding program. Time will tell!
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

I have one confirmed, at 28 days today! Romancing Rio X Jupiter...Heartbeat check will be early next week.
    I'm 10 days into what seems like the longest 2 week wait ever on another. Legacy X Don Alfredo, a full sibling to the 2011 colt I absolutely adore but wish each day was a filly...we don't keep boys. We tried 3 times in 2011 to get her to settle and were unsuccessful. I wanted to give it one shot this year before switching to a different stallion. Fingers and toes crossed for that little black dot!!

I have one. An ET by Fidertanz from my mare Wolkenstanza. We got the embryo last Sunday and I am waiting to hear the first recipient check.

A second mare was bred a week ago and I have a week to wait to see if we get a black dot. This one is a Don Schufro from a Prince Thatch xx/ Argentan mare in Germany.

We are waiting on two- Zarena (Le Champion x Zeus) bred to Amaretto d'Arco who will be checked around the end of the month and Stamroos W ( Heartbreaker x Ramiro Z) bred to Vegas (Voltaire x Joost) to be checked at the end of the first week of May. How pleased we would be should both these maidens conceive first try!
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Ahhh I get it now! I was confused; I call newborn calves "dots." As in, the fields are getting covered with little black dots!
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

I'm waiting on one, Escudo II/Cor Noir/Grannus, we'll check the first week in May.

Yay! I do have my first "dot".

Ever After is confirmed to Banderas! She is only at 16 days, so hoping it's still there when we check her again in a couple weeks.

Congrats, all! I am jealous ... we start breeding next week with the open mares, so still 3 weeks out before we have any black dots here.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

We have a black dot!! 16 days in and we're looking good My TB maiden mare (http://www.pedigreequery.com/lustres+image) bred to Balou du Rouet.

Can't wait for the next check

I have one!!! I just found out an hour ago.
    Out of my small pony by Maple Side Wish List.

And from what I could tell: its a top if the line, large, colt, 10 mover 10 jumper with a great brain.

16 days today, due date March 10th.

Just got another one.

SPS Riou (Rouletto/ Prince Thatch xx/ Gigant) is in foal to Licotus (Likoto xx/ Donnerhall/ Balou). She is in Germany. So happy!

We got our first black dot today. Our Holsteiner mare, Papillon (Ariadus-Cheenook) checked in foal to Amaretto D'Arco We check a second mare on Monday.

Mary-Lou - I get so excited for you and then I realize that I won't even start breeding my mares until May..... So I'm envious and jealous, but so will you be once I start breeding my girls!! :-)

Congratulations on a good breeding year!
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

Quote Originally Posted by siegi b. View Post
    Mary-Lou - I get so excited for you and then I realize that I won't even start breeding my mares until May..... So I'm envious and jealous, but so will you be once I start breeding my girls!! :-)

Congratulations on a good breeding year!
    Thank you, Siegi. You know in this breeding thing I do not think we should ever be jealous. (and i know your are not really jealous) Good times come and they go. We should all be pulling for each other and trying to understand the sort of storms people have endured. At this point I am so happy to still have a few mares to breed and also happy that I am bringing several old girls home who deserve having no more wee ones. I am on my way out of breeding, but I am enjoying this last bit.