The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 6 matched driving ponies in AZ!

Ad on CL posted in Phoenix today, seller has 4 mares and 2 geldings from what was a 10-pony, gorgeously matched team flaxen chestnuts with huge chrome. He says some of them have been in the Fiesta Bowl Parade for 11 years. Chance for someone to have a snappy team--they look amazing. Listed as ***Sorrel Ponies***

Just posting as a courtesy, I have no connection and no knowledge of this guy, just cool to see his photo of a 10 pony hitch pulling a float and thought the driving board would be interested. I hope this doesn't violate posting terms????

No link to see them. Thanks for thinking of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaff Foxhunter View Post
    Ad on CL posted in Phoenix today, seller has 4 mares and 2 geldings from what was a 10-pony, gorgeously matched team flaxen chestnuts with huge chrome. He says some of them have been in the Fiesta Bowl Parade for 11 years. Chance for someone to have a snappy team--they look amazing. Listed as ***Sorrel Ponies***

Just posting as a courtesy, I have no connection and no knowledge of this guy, just cool to see his photo of a 10 pony hitch pulling a float and thought the driving board would be interested. I hope this doesn't violate posting terms????
    Here is the link. Cute! They look like Welsh Section C cobs?? I see hair on the ankles, but it could be the photo was fuzzy. He's got them dressed out like mini Belgians.

Hmmm. This may be my excuse to go visit my cousin in Tucson......

wow! that would be so neat!

Quote Originally Posted by gothedistance View Post
    Here is the link. Cute! They look like Welsh Section C cobs?? I see hair on the ankles, but it could be the photo was fuzzy. He's got them dressed out like mini Belgians.

Hmmm. This may be my excuse to go visit my cousin in Tucson......
    You SHOULD go, they are really cute!
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

Quote Originally Posted by Somermist View Post
    You SHOULD go, they are really cute!
    Yes, I really need at least one, if not two, to back up my current pair. They are the right color, and the right size (the 13h ones, at least). Sooooooooo tempting!!!

It would be a fun road trip!

Yes, I really need at least one, if not two, to back up my current pair. They are the right color, and the right size (the 13h ones, at least). Sooooooooo tempting!!!

And you could stop by and meet The Soon-to-Be-Drivin' Pony
    Approved helmet: Every time; every ride.
    "When a sport gets to be predictable it ceases to be fun." - RAR's wise brother

pick up 3 and do a four in hand !!

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    pick up 3 and do a four in hand !!
    Oh, gawd no! I adore my pair and I have fun with them. A four is NOT fun - there is too much work involved! Much too much harness to clean and dress and undress, much too much having to pay attention to the road while driving, much too many ponies to clean up before and afterwards, too many feet to keep shod or keep in boots (I do my own farrier work, remember? Plus my ponies are shod in aluminum with pads). A four would need the flatbed and older truck to transport the carriage while the ponies were trailered in the gooseneck, plus more people to help with putting to and grooming. A 4-in-hand is only fun if you have a full contingent of grooms to do everything for you, multiple trailers for vehicles, harness, and equines, and lots and lots of money.

I could go on and on. Been there done that as friend/neighbor for several 4-in-hand friends in the past. Too much of everything and NOT enough time to relax.

Seriously, a pair is heaven. And since I'm already in heaven....I'm staying there!

Oh, gawd no! I adore my pair and I have fun with them. A four is NOT fun - there is too much work involved! Much too much harness to clean and dress and undress, much too much having to pay attention to the road while driving, much too many ponies to clean up before and afterwards, too many feet to keep shod or keep in boots (I do my own farrier work, remember? Plus my ponies are shod in aluminum with pads). A four would need the flatbed and older truck to transport the carriage while the ponies were trailered in the gooseneck, plus more people to help with putting to and grooming. A 4-in-hand is only fun if you have a full contingent of grooms to do everything for you, multiple trailers for vehicles, harness, and equines, and lots and lots of money.

I could go on and on. Been there done that as friend/neighbor for several 4-in-hand friends in the past. Too much of everything and NOT enough time to relax.

Seriously, a pair is heaven. And since I'm already in heaven....I'm staying there!
    Believe me, I know how much work is involved with a 4. I was the groom.

LOL! Guess that means I'm preaching to the choir!

Neat!

It gives me flashbacks to high school when I headed for an old guy who had 6 heavy Welsh ponies that looked like mini-percherons. Unfortunately, I missed out on a chance to do the Circus Parade with him b/c of a marching band thing.