The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I have a foster dog!

So I just took in a foster today. Yeah in the middle of dealing with my car accident, my injuries and three horses I took a foster. I couldn't resist!

He is a Red Heeler x Akbash mix that's 7 months old. The owner of the towing business that recovered my car after the accident was looking to re-home him because he kills chickens. I decided to take him and see if I could find him a new home. After talking to some people that know the guy he apparently goes through dogs like a pair of shoes. If the dog isn't totally perfect he gets rid of it. His dogs also get hit by cars all the time. The little guy is so cute I couldn't leave him there!

I think I already have a home for him. He's only been with me for about 4 hours and he is a sweetie! He's potty trained, he behaves in the house, he plays well with my dog, he ignores the horses and he comes right to you when called. I kind of want to keep him but I know I don't need 2 dogs, 1 cat and 3 horses!

This is Albert:
    http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...97417623_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...81485491_n.jpg

Oh and if his potential home doesn't work, does anyone want a dog? I'm in Colorado. Albert really is a good boy!

Aww he's sweet, good for you for helping out.

Congratulations!!

I used to have a foster dog, now she's dog number three.
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

I knew I should not have looked at pictures.

I am so allergic to ACD's type hair, that is keeping me from any such dogs, but it sure is hard to pass them up.
    Don't tell my little terrier, but a dog like that is right up my alley.

When the choice is breathing or not, well, there is really no choice.

He really is a good boy! Albert woke me up at 6 this morning to go out. I guess he's not on my schedule yet but I'm glad he asked to go out instead of going in
    the house. Albert is also very into cuddling! I woke up this morning asleep on my stomach with Albert on top of me! He also likes to give big kisses right in the face!

The only vice this dog has so far is that he likes to flip over the water bowl after he plays in it! I still haven't heard back from his potential home. I know someone will take him because he is just too cute!

Albert's potential home fell through. They decided they want a true puppy and not a 7 month old.

So anyone near by want a really good dog? He went on a trail ride today and he did great! We even ran into some cattle and I was able to call him off them. He's a very willing to please dog that wants a forever home!

Albert officially has a home with a fellow horse person and one of my best friends! He actually has to stay with me for another month because her current living situation does not allow pets. She was already planning on moving in with me so she could eventually get a dog. This all works out perfectly!

Oh and she grew up with Blue Heelers so she wanted to rescue something along those lines. Albert just kind of found us and hit jack pot. I may have had to total my car to get Albert, but I'm glad I found him a great home!

Quote Originally Posted by WarDance View Post
    Albert officially has a home with a fellow horse person and one of my best friends! He actually has to stay with me for another month because her current living situation does not allow pets. She was already planning on moving in with me so she could eventually get a dog. This all works out perfectly!

Oh and she grew up with Blue Heelers so she wanted to rescue something along those lines. Albert just kind of found us and hit jack pot. I may have had to total my car to get Albert, but I'm glad I found him a great home!
    Noting like being in the right place at the right time.
    Some times, the stars do align in our favor, do they.

Good for you.

I tend to like more complicated dogs.
    The really nice, happy, go lucky ones, the world their oyster, those don't need me.

Yay! That's great that you'll get to see him still.

Quote Originally Posted by WarDance View Post
    Albert's potential home fell through. They decided they want a true puppy and not a 7 month old.
    The seven-month-olds I've known were still PLENTY puppy. Oh well their loss, your friend's gain!
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue